Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 12:03:52 AM EDT
Plug-Ins, Stick-Ups, poupourri, scented candles, sprays, etc...etc...etc.

I walk into the house and BAM!!....the odor of a friggin floral shop clogs every alveoli in my lungs.
Scented oil fumigators are sticking out of every wall socket.

Whatever happened to "NO SMELL"  ....is that no longer in fashion?  NO SMELL = Clean.

If something stinks...that's nature's way of saying: "Hey...need a mopbucket over here.."

Her response: a snippy " Well, I like it...hmph".....Don't she realize I now have to come up with a 1000 excuses of why my clothes smell like a Louisianna whorehouse?

Guys don't do this....how would she like it if I sprayed the den down with WD-40....or mixed up some BreakFree poupourri.

For little I oughta go get me a sooper-sized bowl of beans'n'cornbread, 3 TacoBell taco's, and a head of cabbage for supper.....then By Gawd she'd have a reason for these fruity fag aroma machines.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps you stink already?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, the only proper manmade scent that one should apply to your den is Hoppe's, WD40 and Breakfree just don't cut it. Of course, it's also approperiate as an aftershave.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:21:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I love the commercials for them too - WTF?  These women looking like they're about to orgasm over a fucking smell?  Or how about "ScentStories"?  Gayest thing ever.  Or the couple who are searching all over their friend's house trying to find the plug-in?  Or the couple that sit around looking at the "Puff" air freshener machine?

Oy vey.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:34:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I've heard that if they douche regularly that there shouldn't be a probl, . . . er ......

Nevermind.

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Sweet, you just gave me yet another reason to not get married!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:40:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Go do a google search for "Lampe Berger"

She Who Spends My Money is in love with hers
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:51:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds to me like it's time to take up cigar smoking.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Beats me man.....and that crap ain't cheap
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:00:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Toxic Effects of Air Freshener Emissions
Arch Environ Health 1997 Nov-Dec;52(6):433-41
Anderson RC, Anderson JH

Anderson Laboratories, Inc., West Hartford, Vermont 05084, USA.

To evaluate whether emissions of a commercial air freshener produced acute toxic effects in a mammalian species, the authors allowed male Swiss-Webster mice to breathe the emissions of one commercial-brand solid air freshener for 1 h. Sensory irritation and pulmonary irritation were evaluated with the ASTM-E-981 test. A computerized version of this test measured the duration of the break at the end of inspiration and the duration of the pause at the end of expiration--two parameters subject to alteration via respiratory effects of airborne toxins. Measurements of expiratory flow velocity indicated changes in airflow limitation. The authors then subjected mice to a functional observational battery, the purpose of which was to probe for changes in nervous system function. Emissions of this air freshener at several concentrations (including concentrations to which many individuals are actually exposed) caused increases in sensory and pulmonary irritation, decreases in airflow velocity, and abnormalities of behavior measured by the functional observational battery score. The test atmosphere was subjected to gas chromatography/mass spectroscopy, and the authors noted the presence of chemicals with known irritant and neurotoxic properties. The Material Safety Data Sheet for the air freshener indicated that there was a potential for toxic effects in humans. The air freshener used in the study did not diminish the effect of other pollutants tested in combination. The results demonstrated that the air freshener may have actually exacerbated indoor air pollution via addition of toxic chemicals to the atmosphere.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:22:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anderson RC, Anderson JH

To evaluate whether emissions of a commercial air freshener produced acute toxic effects in a mammalian species, the authors allowed male Swiss-Webster mice to breathe the emissions of one commercial-brand solid air freshener for 1 h. Sensory irritation and pulmonary irritation were evaluated with the ASTM-E-981 test. A computerized version of this test measured the duration of the break at the end of inspiration and the duration of the pause at the end of expiration--two parameters subject to alteration via respiratory effects of airborne toxins. Measurements of expiratory flow velocity indicated changes in airflow limitation. The authors then subjected mice to a functional observational battery, the purpose of which was to probe for changes in nervous system function. Emissions of this air freshener at several concentrations (including concentrations to which many individuals are actually exposed) caused increases in sensory and pulmonary irritation, decreases in airflow velocity, and abnormalities of behavior measured by the functional observational battery score. The test atmosphere was subjected to gas chromatography/mass spectroscopy, and the authors noted the presence of chemicals with known irritant and neurotoxic properties. The Material Safety Data Sheet for the air freshener indicated that there was a potential for toxic effects in humans. The air freshener used in the study did not diminish the effect of other pollutants tested in combination. The results demonstrated that the air freshener may have actually exacerbated indoor air pollution via addition of toxic chemicals to the atmosphere.

I dont know man if shoved your head in abox and made u breath fumes for a hour im pretty sure thats gonna fuck you up.

but as for the thread i dont like air fresheners unless someone cut a really nasty fart or droppped a major load in the toilet then there a god send.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:28:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Or how about "ScentStories"?  Gayest thing ever.

+1. extraordinarily gay. I almost shot myself upon seeing the commercial for that abomination due to its amazing stupidity.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1. extraordinarily gay. I almost shot myself upon seeing the commercial for that abomination due to its amazing stupidity.

ok whats a scent story?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ok whats a scent story?

it's an air freshener that you inesrt cd-shaped discs into which change scents every 30 minutes or so. the commercial for it was incredibly retarded.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:33:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Well in my house I use them to cover up the dog smell. Which is worse, dog or apples and cinnamon?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:38:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ok whats a scent story?

it's an air freshener that you inesrt cd-shaped discs into which change scents every 30 minutes or so. the commercial for it was incredibly retarded.

man that sounds really really lame.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ok whats a scent story?

man that sounds really really lame.

Oh, it IS!

www.scentstories.com/index.php?flash
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:35:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I guess I am one of the few women who don't use them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I guess I am one of the few women who don't use them.

Au Naturale - some of us mens like that
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:51:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anderson RC, Anderson JH

I dont know man if shoved your head in abox and made u breath fumes for a hour im pretty sure thats gonna fuck you up.

but as for the thread i dont like air fresheners unless someone cut a really nasty fart or droppped a major load in the toilet then there a god send.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Well in my house I use them to cover up the dog smell. Which is worse, dog or apples and cinnamon?

I hear ya! I don't use sprays or stuff like that...But I like the scent of cinnamon and I do burn candles.
<shrug>
it's either that or the doggie scent.
I will admit to laughing out loud at the original poster's lament though...frikkin smack-ass funny!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top