Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 10:56:23 PM EDT
I just randomly came across these while browsing gunbroker.  Are these any good?  I watched some videos and they seemed pretty cool, but obviously the videos are set up (someone experienced with the device and a well tuned/tweaked one, etc).  For 30 bucks sounds like it would be fun.  Anyone have any experience with these?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]
for free you could learn to bump...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, but in the videos for the "tac" one they used the mod while shoulder firing, on everything including a 10/22, i tried to bump on my 10/22 but with no recoil I couldn't do it.  Of course, thats the only semi auto rifle i currently own... so i've had no chance to practice, building an ar15 right now though, and this peaked my curiosity since I should have my ar15 completed in a couple weeks.  But, correct me if i'm wrong, you can't bump fire with the rifle butted on your shoulder like normal, it must be looser so that the recoil can kick it back right?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure ya' can!

BTW you must buy a membership!

got your avatar ready to go:

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Haha, yeah.  I'd like to, but I'm still in college and any extra "fun" cash goes into rifle stuff.  I will when I get some freed up though, maybe after this build.  Can you point me to a good tutorial on how to bump fire?  From what I understand, you have to hold the rifle with the right forward pressure such that the recoil is just enough to release and recycle the trigger against your finger, correct?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Haha, yeah.  I'd like to, but I'm still in college and any extra "fun" cash goes into rifle stuff.  

Whatever fishbulb.
use the $30 to get an avatar and a few boxes of ammo!

you've got the right idea about technique...
I've seen it from the shoulder before, but I suck at it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Here ya go....a bumpfire device that works reliably, lets you aim, and is cheap:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=332283

Read well into the thread, all will be revealed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I am disrespectful to dirt!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top