Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 9:27:14 PM EDT
http://cbs2.com/national/NRABoycott-aa/resources_news_html

National Rifle Association launches boycott of ConocoPhillips
Monday August 01, 2005

IDABEL, Okla. (AP) The National Rifle Association began a boycott of ConocoPhillips Co. Monday over the energy giant's attempt to block a state law preventing employers from firing workers who keep guns in their cars on company lots.

``Across the country, we're going to make ConocoPhillips the example of what happens when a corporation takes away your Second Amendment rights,'' NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre said.

LaPierre was in southeastern Oklahoma for a rally to support employees who were fired by Weyerhaeuser Inc. for keeping guns stored in vehicles parked at work.

Calls to ConocoPhillips for comment were not immediately returned Monday.

After the firings at Weyerhaeuser, the Oklahoma Legislature passed a bill to prevent such terminations. ConocoPhillips filed a federal lawsuit to block the measure.

The energy company has more than 3,100 workers in Oklahoma, the majority at the company's refinery in Ponca City.

LaPierre called on gun owners and consumers to boycott all Conoco and Phillips 66 products, and asked Conoco and Phillips 66 retailers to urge the corporation to withdraw the federal lawsuit.

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't mean to be doom and gloom, but does the NRA have any idea how big Conoco is?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't mean to be doom and gloom, but does the NRA have any idea how big Conoco is?  

along with this, i ike to think im an educated consumer and i really have no idea what products they even make. theres some vague recalling of phillips 66 filling stations from traveling, but thats about it.

seems like a strange boycot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top