Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/1/2005 6:10:38 PM EDT
Easter Sunday a CCW holder shoots 2 in parking lot of WAWA.

Yesterday they held a "rally for justice" demanding charges against shooter.

The two stories are pasted here (all information including phone and e-mail are printed on the document):

1 killed, 1 hurt in Wawa shooting

By MATT COUGHLIN

Bucks County Courier Times

A Philadelphia man shot and killed one man and seriously injured another after at least six others began fighting with him at a Bensalem Wawa early Easter morning, police said.
No charges have been filed and police declined to release the names of anyone involved until their investigation is completed.
Bucks County District Attorney Diane Gibbons said a group of 17- to 20-year-old Philadelphia residents were drinking and partying late Saturday night into Sunday morning in a room at the Neshaminy Motor Inn on Route 1 in Bensalem. The motel is about 100 yards from the Philadelphia line.
When they got noisy and were kicked out of the motel, they crossed the highway to the Wawa gas station and convenience store, according to Gibbons. Shortly before 2 a.m. the crowd of young men got into a fight in the parking lot of the store with a 24-year-old man they didn't know, police said. It was unclear how the fight started, but Gibbons said the 24-year-old was beaten before he pulled a gun and shot Matt Taylor, 19, of Mayfair and another Philadelphian, 18.
The 24-year-old had not been involved in the earlier drinking party and did not appear to have been drinking, according to Gibbons.
"The guy came in [to the store] and said 'Call the cops; I been jumped' and the one kid [involved in the fight] said 'No, you were the shooter,' " said a Wawa associate who dialed 911. The employee asked not to be identified.
Both gunshot victims were taken to Frankford Hospitals' Torresdale campus, police said. Gibbons said Taylor died at the hospital as a result of a bullet that entered just below his sternum and exited below his right shoulder blade. An autopsy was performed at the hospital.

The second man was in surgery Sunday morning with a gunshot wound to the abdomen, Gibbons said. He was in critical condition Sunday night, hospital officials said.
Police also photographed the 24-year-old man's injuries from the fight. According to Gibbons, her office and the Bensalem police are continuing to look into the incident.
"We are investigating three things, the two shootings and the physical altercation," Gibbons said.
Police closed the convenience store for about an hour, but a section of the gas pump area and parking lot remained closed Sunday morning. Police said they recovered five shell casings at the scene. About a dozen witnesses were questioned at the Bensalem police station soon after the shootings. According to Gibbons, the 24-year-old man had a license for the handgun.
Friends of the dead man were visibly distraught as they walked out of the police station into the Easter morning light.
"Who brings a gun to Wawa?" one man asked anyone who would listen.
As another man left the station he learned his friend had died. He slumped to a bench and buried his head in his hands.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Bensalem Township Police Department at 215-633-3700.
Matt Coughlin can be reached at 215-949-4172 or [email protected].

March 28, 2005 6:56 AM

100 attend rally for shooting victim

By MATT COUGHLIN

Bucks County Courier Times

One man is dead, another is in rehabilitation for a gunshot wound and the man who allegedly shot them both is free. That's something the dead man's parents and friends said they won't accept.
So Matt Taylor's parents organized a rally at noon Saturday in front of the Bensalem Wawa on Route 1, where 19-year-old Taylor was shot and killed and Alex Ryzinski, 18, was seriously wounded March 27.
About 100 people marched in front of the convenience store, chanting, "Justice for Matt, Justice for Alex." They want the man the family says is the shooter, whom authorities haven't named, to be charged with murder.
Taylor's mother, Brenda Tausendfreundt, said she hoped the rally would ensure that "no parent should have to bury their child and fight for justice in court at the same time."
Taylor and Ryzinski, both Philadelphia residents, were with a group of friends who were kicked out of the Neshaminy Motor Inn about 1:30 a.m. Easter morning for having an underage drinking party, according to statements by District Attorney Diane Gibbons.
The group walked to the Wawa, where a confrontation occurred with a 24-year-old Philadelphia man, she said. The man allegedly fired several shots, including the ones that killed Taylor and wounded Ryzinski, according to Gibbons.
The alleged shooter hasn't been charged. Officials have said they're trying to sort out many conflicting eyewitness accounts. Gibbons said underage drinking was ultimately responsible for the shootings.
Gibbons and other officials have declined to confirm or deny a grand jury is investigating the case, as Taylor's family has claimed.
Reached Saturday for comment, First Assistant District Attorney David Zellis said the law prohibits him from speaking about an ongoing investigation.

As the group marched, some Wawa customers watched.
"I hope they get justice for what happened," Philadelphia resident Nicole Johnson said.
Sue Hill, also of Philadelphia, said she had heard about the case. "I don't think it was self-defense," she said.
Dozens of cars honked their support for the group and one dump truck driver pumped his fist as he drove by.
"My family is torn apart and shattered; the last couple months have been the worse pain of my life," Brenda Tausendfreundt said. She said she visits her son's grave every day.
Ryzinski, who was at the rally, said he's still in rehabilitation, but doctors have told him he'll recover fully. He called Taylor "just a great guy" and said he visits his grave regularly.
Lisa Griffin, Taylor's girlfriend, was also at the rally. "Give us justice. 'cause this guy's at home with his kids and he shouldn't be," Griffin said.
The group marched for about an hour before gathering in a prayer circle at the place where Taylor and Ryzinski were shot. As they dispersed, Brenda Tausendfreundt said she was thankful for the turnout, but hopes to have many more rallies as the story of her son's death spreads.
"We are going to do it many more times. We wanted to say what we had to say and say it peacefully and we did," Brenda Tausendfreundt said.

Matt Coughlin can be reached at 215-949-4172 or [email protected]  

July 31, 2005 5:21 AM

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]
There's got to be some kind of response to this type of crap.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
nothing will happen and the good guy will be fine.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope these morons are dumb enough to have prayed for justice.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]

"You're only issued so many stupid tickets, then you die..."

The Wawa...? WTF is a Wawa?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I hope these morons are dumb enough to have prayed for justice.

+1
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Obviously someone who wants to protect himself from scum like yourself.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]
You called down the Devil.....
Looks like you got him
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You waited all of 34 seconds before a BTT post?

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You waited all of 34 seconds before a BTT post?

Easier to repost then edit.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#10]
In fear for his life.... good enough for me.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I just don't understand why someone who is getting the shit beat out of him by multiple assailants would do such a henious thing as fight back and shoot some scumbags. There is this song, "Momma, don't raise your babies to grow up to be Gangsters". Momma shoulda listened to it.
I got exactly zero sympathy for the frikken lot of them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Good shoot.  Disparity of force: mob vs lone victim.

However others have found themselves charged in simular circumstances

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=373597
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#14]
A "WAWA" is a convenience store similar to a 7/11 with stores in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and I think Delaware.

They are corporate owned and not franchised out like the 7/11 stores...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#15]
It will be interesting to get the full story later.

Heres a slide show  www.nbc10.com/slideshow/news/4321676/detail.html?qs=;s=1;p=news;dm=ss;w=320
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#16]
It's called Disparity Of Force. All actors of a gang share guilt for the actions of a single member. The only thing the defender is guilty of is a lo cap magazine.

Hell, FL is a felony Murder state. The gunshot survivor along with any others in the gang that were charged would be charged with murder for the death of the thug. That's how southern law works. THe Yanks might figure it out one day.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#17]
He needs to try to make all five shots count next time. Then their Moma can realllllly whine about it.
Know your Justice, Know your Piece..... I think Ill go make a bumper sticker
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It's a type of bird but also the name of a chain of 'corner stores'.  I went to college in Philly.  You can buy sammiches and stuff there.  

If I had been more knowledgeable about the gun laws in Philly, I would have carried a gun.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Bucks County morons we out to 'bust some-wons bwalls'....don't reckon it wuked.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Taylor died at the hospital as a result of a bullet that entered just below his sternum and exited below his right shoulder blade.

Sounds to me like the shooter was on the ground and didnt exactly draw down...more of a...drew up?

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#21]
What say some of you Pennsylvania members do an anti demonstration.  Put these whiny bitches in their place.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't you know its the Neshaminy Motor Inn  fault because they were the ones to kick them poor teenagers(Gee, I thought 21 was the legal drinking age) out the hotel. I say sue Neshaminy Motor Inn ! For the children.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#24]
the slideshow says that the "victim" was trying to help break up a fight between the shooter and 3 perps - I hope there was good video surveillance
1. it is plausible that the kid was mistaken for a perp,
2. it is also plausible that the friends concocted the story to save their asses and protect their dead friend's name
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
In fear for his life.... good enough for me.....

Yup.  6 guys jump 1 guy.   That's a good way to get beaten to death.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Bucks County morons we out to 'bust some-wons bwalls'....don't reckon it wuked.

Now...Now... Be nice!  Not everyone from Bucks county is a moron.  I used to live in Bucks county.  I have relatives that still live in Bensalem.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#27]
The shooter should be getting legal aid from all our "Pro Gun" organizations that say they are for all RTBA instead of just hunters and sportsmen.

With all the money the NRA gets they could do their own private investigation, determine if the guy is innocent (for their own knowledge-wouldn't look good to support someone guilty) and then fight his legal battles for him.

Every "victim" has all these "victims" rights groups that pick up the tab on their court costs because their welfare doesn't cut it.  Why should we be leftout.

Shooter should have emptied the mag, ran in the store and reloaded.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Silly Pathfinder,

Most convienance stores bordering Philly don't keep ammo on the shelf.  Now, if he shot the poor-innocent-teen in front of a Walmart, he could have run in and bought the ammo to reload.  

PA has some wierd laws.  We can't even buy beer at a WAWA, let alone ammo.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#30]
<--------- Hmmmmmmmm.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#31]
What are they crying about?

It's not like he tazed them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It's called Disparity Of Force. All actors of a gang share guilt for the actions of a single member. The only thing the defender is guilty of is a lo cap magazine.

Hell, FL is a felony Murder state. The gunshot survivor along with any others in the gang that were charged would be charged with murder for the death of the thug. That's how southern law works. THe Yanks might figure it out one day.

I've gotta move south! Here, if you so much as punch a gangbanger for shooting your family and coming at you with the same intent you'd be locked away for a LONG time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Silly Pathfinder,

Most convienance stores bordering Philly don't keep ammo on the shelf.  Now, if he shot the poor-innocent-teen in front of a Walmart, he could have run in and bought the ammo to reload.  

PA has some wierd laws.  We can't even buy beer at a WAWA, let alone ammo.

They sell ammo in convenience stores!?!
I'm definately in the wrong state!
They also don't sell wine or liquor in wal-marts here.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Who brings a gun to Wawa?" one man asked anyone who would listen.

Someone who doesn't want to get beat to a pulp by a bunch of drunken shitbags.

Jesus....mess with the bull, get the horns.  These sackless twits need to start accepting the consequences of their actions...and that goes for their parents too.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#35]
That NBC station makes me sick.  They never bother to mention that the shooter was beaten and sustained injuries before opening fire.  And notice how they show the "victim" in his graduation robes.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Maybe the one who defended himself should start publisizing what happned.  
How the Law would deal with it and such.

Considering how one of them was shot it would be improbable for the shot to have been on the ground, standing up yes.  The shooter must have been on the ground at the time of the shot (stated before) and most likely surrounded, considering how mobs sworm their victims.

I say it was self defense and a good shot.  The one that lived was a so-so shot (I'm a sick puppy).
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:06:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
That NBC station makes me sick.  They never bother to mention that the shooter was beaten and sustained injuries before opening fire.  And notice how they show the "victim" in his graduation robes.  

What made me look up the old article was the ABC broadcast.  The ran a story about a demonstration calling for charges to be filed in "a 4 month old murder investigation".

And for any of the race-haters that troll ARFCOM:

All involved were WHITEs from Northeast Philly.  Ain't the color, it's the upbring'n.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Maybe the one who defended himself should start publisizing what happned.  

Very, very bad idea.  Public opinion doesn't matter.  The only thing that is important is what a prosecutor and a jury think.  Any statement the shooter makes is going to be heavily scrutinized, and used against him in a civil suit.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:19:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Argument in favor of carrying a 629, unless you have at least a hi-cap .40.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:21:40 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
nothing will happen and the good guy will be fine.

Lets hope your correct!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:36:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Should have double-tapped the second assailant..
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:05:57 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
It will be interesting to get the full story later.

Heres a slide show  www.nbc10.com/slideshow/news/4321676/detail.html?qs=;s=1;p=news;dm=ss;w=320

Pic 9 in the slideshow....looks like Dad got all dressed up for the family portrait on the wall.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:30:44 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
A "WAWA" is a convenience store similar to a 7/11 with stores in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and I think Delaware.

They are corporate owned and not franchised out like the 7/11 stores...

NOTHING like 7/11!

The are staffed by Americans, and have one hell of a deli!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#44]
I was refering to pulling a spare mag off his belt for the reload.  As in take cover in the store then reload.  But out in the boonies there are still plenty of gas stations that sell ammo.  Some even sell liquor as well.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#45]
So what type of "Justice" are they seeking.  Did her son have his rights to underage drinking and commiting felony assault violated.  Some one show me where it says you don't have the right to defend yourself against a gang of drunk scumbag assholes.  

If any should be responsible, where were this kids parents.  He is out drinking in a Hotel at 0130hrs.  Then they kicked out, and beat the hell outta somebody, and winding up shot.  

Good for the shooter, perfect example of propper use of force.  In my opinion he waited til he felt like he was absoloultley gonna die or be seriously injured.  Sounds like clear cut self defense.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:44:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:50:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Argument in favor of carrying a 629, unless you have at least a hi-cap .40.

The problem is ending up with a slide out of battery or hanging up a hammer on most hi-cap autos. Five rounds got the job done and no need for a second hand to operate for any case other than reload which still could have been performed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:50:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
When this is done, the victim should file a suit against the remaining assailants and the estate of the dead suspect for his physical injuries and emotional distress.

...and to add a little insult to the injury, he should include a couple of bucks in his lawsuit to cover the cost of replacing the rounds he used in the shooting.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:57:14 AM EDT
[#50]

"I really hope they catch this guy," said Steven Taylor, Matt's brother. "But Matt is the hero. He will stop in front of a bullet for anybody."

YOU GO G-DAWG!

just like grand theft auto San Andreas.
of course if you start bitch slapping people in that video game some of them pull a gun and shoot you.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top