Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 2:48:53 PM EDT
I know they do alot of blood work, does this include a test for STD's?  and how do they even test for STD's? I would guess its all from your blood.

I would assume the military would let you know if you had any?????
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know they do alot of blood work, does this include a test for STD's?  and how do they even test for STD's? I would guess its all from your blood.

I would assume the military would let you know if you had any?????

you sound worried
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The only one they test for on is the HIV.  You have to ask and get lectured by a chief about condoms to find out if you have any others.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Got an unusual drip?  A blister where blisters ain't supposed to be?  Burning sensation?  Tiny armored vehicles patrolling in the pubes?  A very unfortunately placed outbreak of warts?

All of the above?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Cursory at best, the Navy doc just eyeballed me and said you look fine.  The dentist was a pain in the fucking ass.  He went through every tooth and cranny.  Holy shit, it took like 2 hours to complete the dental portion of the physical. The medical part took 10 seconds.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#5]
you get an HIV test every year.  Other than that, random urinalisys SP? and thats it.  

I hope your not implying that you may have to rely on a military doctor for somthing.....

And I know this sounds dumb, but if you want to be checked for an STD, call the CDC and ask them were they do free STD screening in your area.  That way, assuming your in the military, the folks who you may not want knowing about it will never find out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Got an unusual drip?  A blister where blisters ain't supposed to be?  Burning sensation?  Tiny armored vehicles patrolling in the pubes?  A very unfortunately placed outbreak of warts?

All of the above?

whats a tiny armored vehical? like a zit?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

whats a tiny armored vehical? like a zit?

I think he means crabs.......
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#8]
dumb question but how do they test for STD's?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

they ram a probe down your urethra
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

are you serious?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#11]
you get a qtip on the end of a long wooden stick.....think about where it goes

Dont let that stop you dude.  If somthin is fucked up "man-up" and get it checked out.  A little pain tomarow could save you a whole world of hurt down the road!

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

are you serious?

dont make me whip it out
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

are you serious?

He is.

We call it getting rodded off the range

Make sure you use a blank adapter
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Make sure you're wearing drawers too. The Doc makes you bend over and prods the inside of your ass with his finger. No joke. He also plays with your balls a little, so I imagine he will notice if you have an STD that is visually obvious (i.e. warts, discharge, redness.)
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#15]
well shit i better get things checked out, I have this bump thing and it kinda looks like a zit i thought it was from the condom because it popped up right after i was wearing one, so i thought it might have been an allergic reaction or something.  I just happened last night
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#16]
its probably a zit

there's this thing called soap, use it more often
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#17]
you need to wash the poor guy more often!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
its probably a zit

there's this thing called soap, use it more often

hopefully I couldn't see having something and then it just popping up now. plus herpes doesn't look like that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#19]
and....STD's have an incubation time too.  If you get some bad roast beef tonight you might not get sick for a couple weeks...even years in the case of syphilys SP?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
well shit i better get things checked out, I have this bump thing and it kinda looks like a zit i thought it was from the condom because it popped up right after i was wearing one, so i thought it might have been an allergic reaction or something.  I just happened last night

If it looks just like a zit, and thats the only symptom you have. You're probably fine.

Every sexually active single person should get checked for HIV and STDS at least once a year.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#21]
If you shave yourself it is probably just an infected ingrown hair.  Pop it and go on.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#22]
If you're that worried just go to your Medic/Corpsman and have him test you on the QT (unofficially). If something pops up, he'll take care of you insofar as Pcn or other meds.. At the very least you'll owe him a case of beer.....Considering how often I did this for my Marines, I'm surprised I didn't get off A/D an alcoholic with all those cases of beers as payment.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
and....STD's have an incubation time too.  If you get some bad roast beef tonight you might not get sick for a couple weeks...even years in the case of syphilys SP?

The only possible situation could have been a girl  about 5 months ago but that wasn't even sex just some rubbing and a little sucking. Its just one and i have never had any other symptons.

I did shave down there about a 5 days ago, its at the base where a rubber would ride and i felt it right after taking the rubber off.  Latex really never gave me that problem though...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
depends on the std. there used to be a questionair about it.

i never filled out a questionaire?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Some STD show up on a pee test, so that is one reason they have you pee in a cup.

On my 5 year physical, back in 1996, I had to do a piss test, and they found a high white blood cell count in my piss, which is an indication of an STD infection. HOwever,  Ihad never had an STD before.

THey did the ol' q-tip up the penis trick (and it frickin' hurt) and it came up negitive for any STD's

Then I had to have a radiograph( I think that is what it was called), and they injected me with a radioactive dye to check my kidneys. All good there.

SO they efered my to a urologist at Camp LeJune, and he did the same test, except that they injected the dye from my penis to my bladder!!!! That was some serious pain, let me tell you.

Turns out that I had a stricture around my urethra, and they had to cut it out. That sucked, but  Iwas on convo for 2 weeks, and light duty for a month after that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#27]
When you give a Urine sample they check for proteins, if the count is high, then they check for STDs as previously mentioned, unless you have a high count they will not test you specifically for STDs.  Oh, and don't eat meat for breakfast, it will make your protein go up and they will check with the stick just to be sure (or so I was told).
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
When you give a Urine sample they check for proteins, if the count is high, then they check for STDs as previously mentioned, unless you have a high count they will not test you specifically for STDs.  Oh, and don't eat meat for breakfast, it will make your protein go up and they will check with the stick just to be sure (or so I was told).

interesting, i did the test and nothing was mentioned. Hopefully i am good the only thing that i am remotely worried about would be herpes
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#29]
I almost didn't make it.

they said I had too much protein in my piss.

They said it was from being sick, heavy lifting or sex. (not a std), I just got over a cold and they wanted me to re-test in two weeks.

now 20 years later, I still don't know why I would fail with too much protein. Anybody know?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I almost didn't make it.

they said I had too much protein in my piss.

They said it was from being sick, heavy lifting or sex. (not a std), I just got over a cold and they wanted me to re-test in two weeks.

now 20 years later, I still don't know why I would fail with too much protein. Anybody know?

wow i never even knew thats what they were looking for.  Then i should be good to go because i did a urinalysis and a blood test about 40 days ago.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#31]
In almost 17 years of Naval service, I have yet to have a real physical. The closest thing to it was my first one back in the 80's when I went in. My re-enlist physicals have all been a joke. The best line coming from a CWO4, "Did you get down here to sick bay under you're own power?" Yes? "I'm done here, get out of my office."

The Navy checks for HIV every year and the rest of the checks are real ad hoc. If you want a real physical, pay real money and see a civilian doctor. The military does battle casualties and triage like no other orginization...Day to day illness and disease ? Not so good at that.

Your results may vary but most vets will probably back me on this one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
In almost 17 years of Naval service, I have yet to have a real physical. The closest thing to it was my first one back in the 80's when I went in. My re-enlist physicals have all been a joke. The best line coming from a CWO4, "Did you get down here to sick bay under you're own power?" Yes? "I'm done here, get out of my office."

The Navy checks for HIV every year and the rest of the checks are real ad hoc. If you want a real physical, pay real money and see a civilian doctor. The military does battle casualties and triage like no other orginization...Day to day illness and disease ? Not so good at that.

Your results may vary but most vets will probably back me on this one.

I am just worried about the STD thing thats about it, i think i am in good health.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The dentist was a pain in the fucking ass.  He went through every tooth and cranny.  Holy shit, it took like 2 hours to complete the dental portion of the physical.

Dentists are sadists with a license.I had my wisdom teeth pulled out day 3 of basic training.All I can remember is some fat guy putting me in a headlock for leverage and just wrenching my head back and forth a bunch of times while holding a tooth wrench in the other hand,then a loud cracking sound.Then he repeated that for the other side.

For the life of me I have no idea why they pulled my wisdom teeth.I never complained about them,and I don't even remember them telling me that they were going to be pulled out.Just my DI saying to go to sick bay.I still can't figure out why they didn't just wait until I was done with AIT.

Man,I haven't thought about this in a looooong ass time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The dentist was a pain in the fucking ass.  He went through every tooth and cranny.  Holy shit, it took like 2 hours to complete the dental portion of the physical.

Dentists are sadists with a license.I had my wisdom teeth pulled out day 3 of basic training.All I can remember is some fat guy putting me in a headlock for leverage and just wrenching my head back and forth a bunch of times while holding a tooth wrench in the other hand,then a loud cracking sound.Then he repeated that for the other side.

For the life of me I have no idea why they pulled my wisdom teeth.I never complained about them,and I don't even remember them telling me that they were going to be pulled out.Just my DI saying to go to sick bay.I still can't figure out why they didn't just wait until I was done with AIT.

Man,I haven't thought about this in a looooong ass time.

That sucks i begged the military to take mine out because they were hurting and it costs a shit load of money to get them pulled out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top