Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 1:55:37 PM EDT
It's funny how people bum off of other websites and parade it as their own.  IMHO, the host website should also be given credit for it, Don't you think so?  

If you compare the linked-web articles from Fark to what is being posted in the General Forum, you'll see that people are coping word-4-word as if they found it first, including the funny slogans.  

Does anybody agree or disagree?  Honestly... I find it poor sportmanship for those that do so without giving credit to where it's due.    I guess people must 'copy-paste' because they can't come up with their own ideas.

My little mini-rant

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#1]
It's funny how people bum off of other websites and parade it as their own.  IMHO, the host website should also be given credit for it, Don't you think so?  

If you compare the linked-web articles from Fark to what is being posted in the General Forum, you'll see that people are coping word-4-word as if they found it first, including the funny slogans.  

Does anybody agree or disagree?  Honestly... I find it poor sportmanship for those that do so without giving credit to where it's due.    I guess people must 'copy-paste' because they can't come up with their own ideas.

My little mini-rant

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My little mini-rant

Semper Fi!

Quoted:

My little mini-rant

Semper Fi!

Now thats funny, I don't care who you are, thats funny.....

It's just like the people that think they are the only ones that know about Drudgereport.com....wait, someone else said that here once...Dammit, I'm guilty now!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I do actually agree, but what if they copied it from someone, who copied it from someone else, who copied it from someone else, who copied it from someone else, who copied it from someone else.....and you get the idea.....is it ok then?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
DUPE!

Sheezus..stop it!  Monitors are completely soaked now!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
DUPE!

hahaha  thats some funny shit

I love the way people think on here....hahaha

but it is a DUPE! and no its not the same link
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I have copied stuff off of here and posted it on other boards, and vice versa, I always slap a link back to the original thread, not to give credit, but to hopefullly get knowledge out there about soem of the other forums
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My little mini-rant

Semper Fi!

Quoted:

My little mini-rant

Semper Fi!

Now thats funny, I don't care who you are, thats funny.....

It's just like the people that think they are the only ones that know about Drudgereport.com....wait, someone else said that here once...Dammit, I'm guilty now!

lol...  that is funny.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top