Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 12:42:11 PM EDT
. . . what a great book!  

I could have used more detail and imagery, but this man has truly lived an interesting life.  I can only imagine the stories that he can tell than didn't make it into the book.  

Does anyone know if he is still alive?  I have read that he lives in Xenia, Ohio . . .

Disconnector
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a great book, the beginning chapter about the last days in Berlin are very vivid...actually the whole thing is vivid. I thought he did a fine job with the descriptive stuff....

I wonder if he is still alive too...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, Siegfried Knappe used to live in Xenia.  I'll confess...I had a couple of minutes to kill at the police dept. over there shortly after the book came out and I looked him up in the white pages.  Last I knew he is in an apartment in Cincinnati, probably a daughters house.  

Living around Dayton, I was always hoping he'd  do a book signing somewhere local, but I never heard of one.  If you watch some of the WWII shows on the History channel you'll occasionally see him talking about the eastern front or the defense of Berlin.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top