Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 10:49:04 AM EDT
Van crash in San Bernardino County desert kills five, injures 11
Monday August 01, 2005
LUDLOW, Calif. (AP) A van carrying 16 people overturned on the shoulder of a desert highway early Monday, killing five and injuring 11, the California Highway Patrol said.

The driver of the Dodge van drifted into the center divider and made a hard right turn to get back on Highway 40, causing the vehicle to skid across two lanes and overturn several times, said CHP officer Todd Weichers.

The crash, which occurred around 5 a.m. about seven miles east of this San Bernardino County town, instantly killed the driver and four passengers. The van contained seats only for the driver and one passenger, Weichers said.

``No one else had seat belts or were properly secured,'' he said. ``No one except the driver had documentation, so I'm not sure if the victims were migrant farm laborers or illegal aliens.''

The driver's name was not immediately released pending notification of relatives, Weichers said.

Westbound lanes of the highway were temporarily shut down as four helicopters airlifted nine people to hospitals, the others were taken by ambulance.

Weichers said he did not know the extent of the victims' injuries.

There goes our auto insurance and medical insurance rates again...

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:55:43 AM EDT
[#1]
One driver and fifteen pieces of contraband cargo.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Some people never learn.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm, I wonder who's going to pick up all those medical bills...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn shame they all didn't die.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Gracias Presidente Bush!  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#6]
We had a case here where there were 12 in a minivan that went off a bridge.

Shame it only held 12.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#7]
The demoncraps in Sacramento will pass a law to fix this....usually it involves taking alot of money from me and spending it on people that have no legal right to it.  

FUCK the demoncraps and their illegal alien friends.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Same old story, we lose them by the van load all the time around here.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hmmm, I wonder who's going to pick up all those medical bills...

Exactly!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I dispatch the helicoptors that responded to this. They said it was a mess
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#12]
The other day we had 4 killed on I10 (van full of illegals). Do you know how much resources those kind of accidents take up at your local hospital. Guess who is going to pay for it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Hell, happened here just about a month ago. Van load, bunch dead. Lot's hurt.

They at least found and charged their central american trafficer who showed up in KC a few days later.

Facing serious charges as I undertand.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Somewhere, a restaurant is missing their potwashers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top