Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 10:41:14 AM EDT
I've listened to him off and on for quite a while, but I can't recall ever hearing him discuss gun control or the Second Ammedment. Has he been silent on this, or have I missed something? Links would be nifty as well, if ya got 'em.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#1]
He is pro-gun, always has been.  But I don't think he likes them.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#2]
"umm well, I ahh, well how about those Republicans, they're great!"
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, in my quest to discover an answer, I'm not finding much. I did come accross this little tidbit though, which suggests he supports Florida's new "Make My Day" law:

johnrlott.tripod.com/2005/04/rush-limbaughs-take-on-floridas-new.html
4/29/2005
Rush Limbaugh's Take on Florida's New Self Defense Law
Rush nails some media bias on guns. This is pretty blatant.

Listen to this sound bite. This is a guy from Good Morning America today; this is the correspondent from ABC, Jeffrey Kofman and his report on Florida's new gun law.

KOFMAN: What was it Clint Eastwood said, "Go ahead, make my day?" Well, Florida Governor Jeb Bush has done just that for gun owners here in Florida. It's going to be a lot easier to shoot and kill someone in the name of self-defense. Under the old law, people had to feel trapped before responding with deadly force, not anymore.

RUSH: Can you believe this? People had to feel trapped before responding, now you don't have to feel trapped, you just have to be acting in self-defense. See, this is great stuff. I mean we're illustrating exactly who these people are, but in the past, Florida residents outside their homes had a so-called "duty to retreat" when confronted with potential for violence. They had to retreat. They had to back up. They had to get out of there. But now they can meet force with force. Ho-ho-ho, and the left fit to be tied over this, ladies and gentlemen, as I say, a great illustration of who these people really are, despite their rhetoric.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Rush is a second amendment absolutist.  The reason he doesn't talk about it much is because he isn't a gun enthusiast and if he makes mistakes while talking about guns he gets flooded with a bunch of gun nuts like me who are too eager to correct him.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I bet he carries.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]
He pays the RKBA lip service, but he is not a true believer.

Mike Savage, on the other hand.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#7]
What did he say when he was the KEYNOTE speaker at the annual NRA convention about 10 years ago;

"If liberals interpreted the Second Ammendment the same way they interpret the First Ammendment, gun ownership would not only be mandatory, but government-funded."

Works for me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Rush is a second amendment absolutist.  The reason he doesn't talk about it much is because he isn't a gun enthusiast and if he makes mistakes while talking about guns he gets flooded with a bunch of gun nuts like me who are too eager to correct him.

Yeah, once he said something to the effect of there is no difference between semi- and full-auto.  Maybe his mind was on a different track.

But it's OK if he's ignorant about guns.  He still understands the importance of gun freedom.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Whatever GWB feels.

-Storm
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

... is an unstable nutjob.

It's always a good idea to finish your own sentences or have somebody finish them for you.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Whatever GWB feels.

-Storm

AJ,NTSA.

Do you even LISTEN to the show?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#12]

"RKBA...is that like MDMA?"

I kid, I kid...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I had the pleasure of protecting Rush's brother David last year. Both are pro-gun. Or better put, pro individual rights.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whatever GWB feels.

-Storm

AJ,NTSA.

Do you even LISTEN to the show?

Yes, but not anywhere as often as I used to. A little more than a year ago, I listened to it every day at work.

-Storm
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, once he said something to the effect of there is no difference between semi- and full-auto.  Maybe his mind was on a different track.

But it's OK if he's ignorant about guns.  He still understands the importance of gun freedom.

I'm just guessing here, but is it possible he was talking about in the context of the T2A?

Rush is definately pro-gun and pro-2nd, I just don't think he is a gun enthusiast and so doesn't mention it much. He did talk about the AWB when it expired last year and made some accurate comments about it.

Savage is definately pro-gun, he has stated many times that he owns an AR15. He is nuts, but in a good way.

Bill O'Reilly is a piece of crap though. He is the poster child for the "sporting purposes" clause. He has openly stated that he thinks no one should be able to have an assault weapon. When he said that on the air, that's when I stopped paying any attention to him.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh yeah, my favorite talk show, Quinn's Warroom out of Pittsburgh, is vehemently pro gun. He and his co-host both carry concealed, and Quinn himself owns many guns, including AK's.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

WTF does that mean... or do you even know yourself?

If this was an attempt to be witty or cute it fails.

Limbaugh's position on RKBA had been pro RKBA and consistently that way for as long as he has been on the radio.

Now on the other hand what exactly has Mike Savage done other than talk… just like Limbaugh. Which BTW is both his and Limbaugh's job.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Bill O'Reilly is a piece of crap though. He is the poster child for the "sporting purposes" clause. He has openly stated that he thinks no one should be able to have an assault weapon. When he said that on the air, that's when I stopped paying any attention to him.

Gordon Liddy has called him a "buffoon" & worse, IIRC. Sums it up, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#20]
he strikes me as being supportive, but not strongly or vocally supportive
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF does that mean... or do you even know yourself?

If this was an attempt to be witty or cute it fails.

Limbaugh's position on RKBA had been pro RKBA and consistently that way for as long as he has been on the radio.

Now on the other hand what exactly has Mike Savage done other than talk… just like Limbaugh. Which BTW is both his and Limbaugh's job.

Relax, and have a pleasant day
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:16:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Rush is a windbag.  I don't care what he thinks about the RKBA.  

~Dg84
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Rush's thing is not guns.  But he totally believes in the Constitution and thus gun rights the same way we think about them.

Great assessment. To that I'd add that I'd rather have a guy like him on my side (as someone who understands what the Second Amendment's original intent was and what it means), as opposed to some elitist trap and clays snob who has a room full of shotguns but thinks only a select class of people should own them, and black rifles have no place in a (sniff, sniff...) civilized society.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, my favorite talk show, Quinn's Warroom out of Pittsburgh, is vehemently pro gun. He and his co-host both carry concealed, and Quinn himself owns many guns, including AK's.

Hot damn, another Quinn fan. Quinn makes my weekday mornings worth getting up for and, last I checked, Rose is a BABE! Oh, and if you can get 104.7, Quinn's flagship station, they do re-runs of the show on Saturdays from 1100 to 1300, IIRC.

Bub
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hot damn, another Quinn fan. Quinn makes my weekday mornings worth getting up for and, last I checked, Rose is a BABE! Oh, and if you can get 104.7, Quinn's flagship station, they do re-runs of the show on Saturdays from 1100 to 1300, IIRC.

Bub

I'm just a web listener here. My room mate in college back in PA got me into his show.

I keep hearing that Rose is a babe, and she sounds hot on the air, but I've never seen a good picture of her. I have an autographed 8.5x11 b&w photo of her and quinn but it's not that great of a shot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Rush obviously has little personal interest in firearms. But even so, he still wishes to preserve gun rights for those of us who are interested. In my eyes, that makes Rush look better than most of us. He has no personal interest whereas we obviously do. Yet he still cares.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

He has stated on the air that he has never owned a firearm and probalby never will...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Eric The(Corrective)Hun

Welcome back, stranger!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Rush may not really give a crap about guns, but he is a big believer in letting people run their own lives.  He often disparages gun control efforts.

He made a few anti-assault weapons comments years ago, but I think that was before he gave the subject any serious thought.  He has not said anything like that in a quite a long time.

He actually rails on GWB quite often, a lot more effectively IMHO than anybody else in the country.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome back, stranger!

It has been a while!

Eric The(Truant)Hun

See? I notice these things.

I thought I was goingto have to start a USS Liberty thread to call you out of the woodwork. It's like the Bat-Signal!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

He has stated on the air that he has never owned a firearm and probalby never will...

No

He might not have bought a firearm but he owns several firearms that have been given to him as gifts.

One day he did a through dissertation on the BS he had to go through when he was living in New York City to take possession of one them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

No

He might not have bought a firearm but he owns several firearms that have been given to him as gifts.

One day he did a through dissertation on the BS he had to go through when he was living in New York City to take possession of one of one them.

That would be the one that the NRA gave him for being the keynote speaker at the annual meetings one year.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Rush is an Apologist for the Republican Party. He has no principles. Its all about making money.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bub

I'm just a web listener here. My room mate in college back in PA got me into his show.

I keep hearing that Rose is a babe, and she sounds hot on the air, but I've never seen a good picture of her. I have an autographed 8.5x11 b&w photo of her and quinn but it's not that great of a shot.

Do you have the web link to listen to her show?  What time is it on?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Rush is an Apologist for the Republican Party. He has no principles. Its all about making money.

And the left coast has spoken....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

What?

You mean he's in it for the money?

What a fucking capitalist!  That's it...from now on all I am listening to is NPR.  I am TIRED of people doing well for themselves and making money.  This is BULLSHIT!

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#40]
He seems like a strong 2nd Ammendment supporter but really isn't into guns.  I know many people like this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top