User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 10:08:36 AM EDT
To protcet the listeners!

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH  

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#1]
He's done this in the past, in the early days. It was funny then, and it's funny now. Must be a condom update?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
To protcet the listeners!

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH  

Sgatr15

From what?

oh, I better not ask.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#3]
THIS IS SAFE TALK!

Best proof of the idiocy of condoms as a perfect prevention to a fatal disease...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Uhhhh ... I think George Carlin beat him to it ... ABOUT THIRTY YEARS AGO!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
rush is an overblown hack now. he was good in the 80's. now he is just a blowhard republican apologist.

Hardly. He's been skewering the GOP whenever they've deserved it, which has been often since 2000.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Uhhhh ... I think George Carlin beat him to it ... ABOUT THIRTY YEARS AGO!!!

What was his context? Rush did it back in 89 or so concerning AIDS.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

nope sorry he doesn't do it nearly enough. he is directly in the GOP's pocket. He's not even entertaining anymore.

Weel I can't listen to XM...they are ruining TAXMAN's town!

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
rush is an overblown hack now. he was good in the 80's. now he is just a blowhard republican apologist.

Hardly. He's been skewering the GOP whenever they've deserved it, which has been often since 2000.

nope sorry he doesn't do it nearly enough. he is directly in the GOP's pocket. He's not even entertaining anymore.

Reckon we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe you're thinking of Sean Hannity.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sean Hannity rush is an overblown hack...he is just a blowhard republican apologist.

Fixed it for you.

efb: good call, DDiggler. Teach me to
read the whole thread.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry, but the drug scandal pretty much reveals Rush as a sanctimonious hypocrite. If you're going to preach it, you need to live it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I was watching Rush's live webcam feed when he did it, but he blurred the view. I was still cracking up at work.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Sorry, but the drug scandal pretty much reveals Rush as a sanctimonious hypocrite. If you're going to preach it, you need to live it.

I have to agree... It is hard to preach conservitism while living as a liberal.

However, that doesn't preclude him from making wise political observations;
which I believe he still does, on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I don't understand how becoming addicted to a legal and doctor prescribed substance after a major operation has anything to do with his views or how that makes him a hypocrite...that's like saying W. is a hypocrite for invading Iraq because he used to be an alchoholic... that is totally non sequitur.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Just proving you don’t listen to the show…

Show me when he preached on drug addiction...

I have listened to him on and off for 14 years and never recall him talking about it. The last time someone can find an instance of him mentioning it on air I believe is in 1996… people have checked and he just don’t discuss the subject.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So only liberals get addicted... interesting thought... and bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#21]
It was funny for a couple minutes, but they spent most of that hour just dicking off, I was a little frustrated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sean Hannity rush is an overblown hack...he is just a blowhard republican apologist.

Fixed it for you.

efb: good call, DDiggler. Teach me to
read the whole thread.

Add me to the amen chorus on Sean. I like him, but GEEZ! Talk about a GOP clone!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So only liberals get addicted... interesting thought... and bullshit.

Nope.... Human beings (or animals) get addicted.  Otherwise upstanding people face the problem and admit they made poor choices that lead to it and cope/fix it.  Liberals use it as an excuse to stay addicted and blame everyone else for why they started.

I didn't follow the whole thing really but if he got off and stayed off good for him, if he's using excuses shame on that.  Pain meds are highly addictive, but they aren't able to FORCE you to take them.  You either make the choice to succomb or you do the right thing and stop when the treatment is over.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#24]
He placed a condom over the web cam too, I believe. I was listening, since I am not a web-cam subscriber.

Quoted:
I was watching Rush's live webcam feed when he did it, but he blurred the view. I was still cracking up at work.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#25]
He needs to pull one down over his head and act natural.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Rush has always talked about his vices, smoking, drinking, overeating, he is very far from being a saint and has openly admited it.

He became addicted to pain killers after failed back surgery, some scandal.  

It must be wonderfull to be perfect.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It was blurred because after they put one on the mike, they put one on the camera.

Yeah, it was funny... for a few minutes.  Then it kinda got run into the ground. (IMHO)
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

So I am to assume that you have never made a bad choice in your life? You shall be the 1st to cast a stone?

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I am surprised that many people are made at Rush for being for the right...Listen to Air America then.

Rush is not on XM or Sirrus.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Rush:    "If we start selling Club G'itmo Condoms, I have the perfect slogan:  'When you use our condoms, you'll git-mo!'"
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't understand how becoming addicted to a legal and doctor prescribed substance after a major operation has anything to do with his views or how that makes him a hypocrite...that's like saying W. is a hypocrite for invading Iraq because he used to be an alchoholic... that is totally non sequitur.

+1

LB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top