Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 8:20:30 AM EDT
Just got back from settlement, I'm on cloud 9 right now.
It's a 1 bedroom condo, not much, but it sure beats sharing  a house.
No more putting up with roommates and all their stupid shit.
No more dealings with the squirrelly fucking landlord.
Just wanted to share, think I'll crack open a beer to celebrate...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations!

—Dan
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the American Dream!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking about getting a house when my apartment lease is up. Is getting a house with the no down payment thing a good deal though? Or will I be paying for it up the ass?

Also if I got a house, it would increase my commute from 5 mins to 40 mins, and it probably wouldn't be as nice and modern as my apartment. Bleh.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]
TAXES up your ass
Maintance
Association dues
Damage from the elements and family
Power outages

Yup the American Dream!  I couldnt get in fast enough.  Nothing like your own home.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#5]
When I bought my house, after paying the mortgage, I had $100 to last for the month.

BUT my house has appreciated to 5 times what I purchased it for.

I don't plan to sell my place, because I'm going probably retire in it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Best investment you'll ever make. Congrats.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats.

Nothing like knowing you can live like trash and it's alright because you own it
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats.  All you need to do now is wait for something to break, leak, shut down, catch fire.  

On the other hand nothing says " I have become an adult" like owning a home.  Congratulations.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
TAXES up your ass
Maintance
Association dues
Power outages

Yup the American Dream!  I couldnt get in fast enough.  Nothing like your own home.

Dude, do you really think you're NOT paying all this with your apartment rent? And making a profit for the landlord at the same time?

(And power outages happen everywhere, not just at someone's primary residence...)

Don't forget, your real estate taxes and mortgage interest are TAX DEDUCTIBLE!!!!

—Dan
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrats! Welcome to Home Depot.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Congrats!

Don't forget to write the interest off on your taxes.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Ever see The Money Pit?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#13]
its a good feeling ....i remember moving into my first house .....it was at 9pm when the escrow closed and at 9:01 there was my agent with the keys....I slept on just a matress with some blankets(was to tired to unload the truck......packing and loading up all day) That was the best sleep i ever got
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TAXES up your ass
Maintance
Association dues
Power outages

Dude, do you really think you're NOT paying all this with your apartment rent? And making a profit for the landlord at the same time?

(And power outages happen everywhere, not just at someone's primary residence...)

Don't forget, your real estate taxes and mortgage interest are TAX DEDUCTIBLE!!!!

—Dan

Dude you do ever read the entire post?  Or are you not smart enough to comprehend a joke?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
TAXES up your ass
Maintance
Association dues
Power outages

Worst try at humor all day
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#16]
[Butthead] Uh, you said you're a homo...ner.  [/Butthead]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#17]
You know why they call women good housekeepers don't you ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top