Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 5:28:19 AM EDT
Their are rumors going on about GPS installed in my new compaq/hp tablet tc4200 to track us out in the field. I checked the card slots and nothing, is it possible to have it internally?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#1]
just wear a aluminuim foil hat with a few coat hangers it might stop the cia reading your brain waves.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:40:05 AM EDT
[#2]
is your avatar  desriptive of your employer?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:44:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:44:25 AM EDT
[#4]
As a Space Shuttle Door Gunner, I just blast the GPS satellites. Non-issue.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#5]
We thought the same thing but never could find anything in our laptops or company vehicles.

Then one of the guys at work fell and hurt his wrist and had to have it x-rayed. Sure enough they found a small tracking device in his arm.

We all had to submit to blood tests they said were for our life insurance policy. I think at that time they implanted the tracking devices in all of us.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:46:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Their are rumors going on about GPS installed in my new compaq/hp tablet tc4200 to track us out in the field. I checked the card slots and nothing, is it possible to have it internally?

Not easily. Accidentally leave it at home for a few days while you go out working. You'll find out if it's got it soon enough.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:58:14 AM EDT
[#7]
0123456 are you on drugs, implant in your arm. who in there right mind would wanna watch you all day long?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:00:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Step One: Head to HP's website and read up on your tablet.
Step Two: Note the lack of internal GPS reciever.
Step Three: Relax.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:07:03 AM EDT
[#9]
haha! i knew i was going to get a ribbing from asking that! thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
haha! i knew i was going to get a ribbing from asking that! thanks!

Ribbing, ha, just be glad they didn't used the ribbed version for your pleasure for asking such a question like that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:13:47 AM EDT
[#11]
for the time being it might be a good idea to stop hitting that tittybar for the 2 hour lunchs, no use taking chances!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:17:13 AM EDT
[#12]
An employer could install a Ping Home ware,
so that your machine "phones home" every time you connect to the WWW.

A reverse look up of the IP address of the attachment gateway might prove interesting to an HR dood on a mission
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:20:39 AM EDT
[#13]
30 bullets later, all fixed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#14]
If you can connect on site through a cell signal you can be tracked,  I don't think it's as accurate as a regular GPS, but will get the job done.

Also +1 on the phone home IP when you connect.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Do you leave the laptop on at ALL times ? I doubt it, a GPS would eat up your battery if it was being used. If you are still worryed just remove the battery when not in use.

Jake
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Wrap it in foil.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
We thought the same thing but never could find anything in our laptops or company vehicles.

Then one of the guys at work fell and hurt his wrist and had to have it x-rayed. Sure enough they found a small tracking device in his arm.

We all had to submit to blood tests they said were for our life insurance policy. I think at that time they implanted the tracking devices in all of us.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top