Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 2:08:31 AM EDT
Muslims rally against Tancredo; call for his removal from office
July 31, 2005
www.gjsentinel.com/news/content/gen/ap/CO_Muslim_Rally.html
DENVER — Local Muslims aren't satisfied with an apology from U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo about his remarks about bombing Islamic holy sites, Muslim officials said Saturday at a Denver rally.

"He needs to be removed from office," said Gerald Muhammad, a Nation of Islam minister from Denver. "We're not going to stop pushing until he is censored. We can't afford to have a man like that in office."

Muhammad and other Muslims spoke to about 200 people at the "With Justice Comes Peace" at Civic Center Park.

Tancredo has been under fire since July 15 when he told a radio host that the United States could "take out their holy sites," if Islamic terrorists attacked the country with nuclear bombs.

Some at the rally worry that Tancredo's remarks will cause people to be hostile towards Muslims and encourage prejudice.

"He should be bringing people together, not dividing them," Israr Haq, 42, of Northglenn. "The congressman went overboard."

The U.S. Rep. told a Muslim group Wednesday he was sorry if anyone was offended by what he said, but he stands by his comments, his spokesman Will Adams said.

Meanwhile, the chairman of the Republican Party said Friday the party backs Rep. Tom Tancredo, despite rifts the Colorado congressman has created with some Hispanic groups over his outspoken opposition to illegal immigration.

"The fact is, we're a big-tent party. I'm proud that we have debate in our party. I think debating the way to protect our borders and protect our national security is a good thing. I believe in a big public debate," Ken Mehlman said
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:17:52 AM EDT
[#1]
What? No Fatwah against Mr. Tancredo?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:19:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:21:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anybody they hate is my new best friend.

If the Minutemen back him I will vote for him
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:29:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Muslims are mad?

When  did this happen?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:34:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think we should bomb mecca
we should bulldoze some of their other sites to let them know we are serious
every time there is an attack on US soil
and if there is a nuke detonated here(not a dirty bomb)then mecca needs to go
and if we run out of other sites to bulldoze........mecca needs to go

In case you can't tell, I am a little upset about living under the shadow of terrorism
must be some of that islamophobia thats been going around
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:34:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Tancredo ought to counter-rally against muslims.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:18:55 AM EDT
[#7]
It would appear that "Our man" has found a tender spot in the pig sucking moslem asshole. He will now be killed .....of course........by ROPrs........using their protected First Amendment rights to express their political disfavor for him by cutting his head off......and the jihadikrats will look smug and say shit like "He shouldn't have said that" and "Islam is the ROP" and "He should have been impeached for saying that ..where are the WMD's?"    
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:23:20 AM EDT
[#8]
FUCK'EM! Until they get their collective "religion of peace" lovin muslim asses together and vehemently denounce the cowardly actions of their fellow muslims, they have absolutely no right to criticize others....Denounce the actions of your cowardly brethren first or STFU..    
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:26:30 AM EDT
[#9]
The best part is the way the ROP's have formed a new bond with the aztlan assholes who have been trying like hell to bring Tancredo down here. Local news here covered protests by "Pro immigration groups and Muslim organizations" in Denver to call Tancredo to task for his statements.

He's pissed off everyone worth pissing off locally-yippee! My vote really DID count!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:47:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:47:46 AM EDT
[#11]
If only some of the RINOS and dim/kommies in office would blow their own brains (?....oxymoron?) out and we could get more like him........life would be good.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:59:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Muhammad and other Muslims spoke to about 200 people at the "With Justice Comes Peace" at Civic Center Park.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:37:29 AM EDT
[#14]
"..a Nation of Islam minister from Denver..."  ...can kiss my / Tancredo's ass.
F'n NOI thugs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:56:18 AM EDT
[#15]

"He needs to be removed from office," said Gerald Muhammad, a Nation of Islam minister from Denver. "We're not going to stop pushing until he is censored. We can't afford to have a man like that in office."

Sigh...what's the difference between liberals and communists?  

"He should be bringing people together, not dividing them," Israr Haq, 42, of Northglenn. "The congressman went overboard."

Gee, it's not like he hijacked an airplane and flew it into a building.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:11:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Muslims are calling for him to be fired for what he said, that he shouldn't be deviding people? What about these Muslim and black and hispanic "leaders" that preach hate and intolerance as well as racism in it's purest form, that's okay because they're not white, right? It's all fucking bullshit, if these people don't like our country, get the fuck out! If any group strikes out in an act of war on behalf of religion, then that's now a valid military target. One big glass bowl!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:34:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I hope Mr. Tancredo and his staff are taking seriously the fact that he is now a target for some POS ROP'er who will attempt to use his "rights" to silence him.
Matthew
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:35:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I hope Mr. Tancredo and his staff are taking seriously the fact that he is now a target for some POS ROP'er who will attempt to use his "rights" to silence him.

I also hope their attitude is "bring it."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top