BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/31/2005 7:43:40 PM EDT
The big women thread  prompted me to ask here
I am 5'6" i have dated a coupld opf girls 5'7" 5'8"
but a place i freqeunt has a girl that works there that is very nice and we chat quite a bit when i am there  anyway im guessing she is 6ft maybe a inch or 2 more
I am really thinking about asking her out
Guys have you ever done it
Gals ever dated a guy shorter than you
Im guessing the women would have more hang ups bout it than guys
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I never went out with a woman over 5'3" and I am 6'1"
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
It wouldn't stop me...

But for now I have a lady...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
no.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You are guessing correctly.  Most women dont want to date men that are shorter than them. Note the tall part in the common "tall, dark and handsome"
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as she is cute, who cares?  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
She'd have to be 6'1 or taller.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer short, but it wouldn't really matter to me. My dear/departed dad used to say "They're all the same height lying down".
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Would I date a woman taller than me?

Sure, she can support us on her WNBA salary.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Check the personals and see what women are looking for.  A lot of them, even if they're petite, want a guy that's tall, like 6'+.  Sucks for us "normal' dudes at 5'7" or so.

Go ahead and ask her out.  Some have a hang up about it, some don't.  There' s only one way to find out.  AAR please!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Is she sexually attractive to you ? That is the only question that needs to be asked. You must answer your oun question. Tall, short fat ,thin, you know the answer, live your life enjoy all the women who will share it with you..
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#12]
In a heartbeat I would, and I'm 6' 5".

I'm tired of spinners.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#13]
My mom is 5'8" and my dad is 5'2".  Thank God I took after my mom in the height department.

Just think, when you hug her you will have no choice but to put your face in her tits!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Check the personals and see what women are looking for.  A lot of them, even if they're petite, want a guy that's tall, like 6'+.  Sucks for us "normal' dudes at 5'7" or so.

Go ahead and ask her out.  Some have a hang up about it, some don't.  There' s only one way to find out.  AAR please!

Grow up a little, pipsqueak.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#15]
My first "serious" GF was 5'11".

My ex-wife is 5'0"

My last GF (and still friends) is 5'8.5"

I'm 6'4" so the chances of me having a GF taller than me is slim to none.

As for my track record, I have a "thing" for shorter girls but my better relationships have been with taller ones.  Go figure.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#16]
actually, it seems like the short guys have the advantage over the "regular height guys" 5'8"-5'10". Relative height would be an issue for just about any girl, so the short guys are more likely to get over the fact that she's taller.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I have and enjoyed it.  I'm 5'10 and she's 6'1.  As long as she's interested in someone shorter than her, what's the big deal?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are guessing correctly. Most women dont want to date men that are shorter than them. Note the tall part in the common "tall, dark and handsome"

You are definitely right on that one.  I would NEVER date a guy that's shorter than me.  What woman wants to reach down to kiss a fellow?  

Yet they rarely have a thew same hang up about dating a guy who weighs less than them....

At 5'8" 165 Ive never dated a woman taller than me.  But I dated my fair share that were heavier.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are guessing correctly. Most women dont want to date men that are shorter than them. Note the tall part in the common "tall, dark and handsome"

You are definitely right on that one.  I would NEVER date a guy that's shorter than me.  What woman wants to reach down to kiss a fellow?  

Yet they rarely have a thew same hang up about dating a guy who weighs less than them....

At 5'8" 165 Ive never dated a woman taller than me.  But I dated my fair share that were heavier.

Way to man up to that.  They can;t all be beauty queens.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I'de love it, tall chicks rock.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I am 6'5", most of mine have been 5'nothing. I did take one out once that was 6'9"' tall. And yes she was indeed a basketball player.

We had a good time, no major issues,nothing just ever developed, no chemistry at all.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#22]
How about dating women taller than you?  

Yep...That would be pretty much all of them.    
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Way to man up to that.  

I was a MARINE.  Any port in a storm and all that. Hell, in SOI my girlfriend's nick name was "cindy fat bitch."  She had everthing a 18yo Marine needs ( a car, a place off base, old enough to buy booze, and big boobies).
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At 5' 8" 128,  I wouldn't date a man shorter or lighter than me
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Mrs. Cheese happens to be 6' - 6'1 (we argue on that one).  Fortunately I'm 6'3 so I'm a tad taller.

I like it, but she's so... strong she can beat the living snot out of me so I have to keep the sammich comments to a minimum.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are definitely right on that one.  I would NEVER date a guy that's shorter than me.  What woman wants to reach down to kiss a fellow?  For me, I think it's the whole 'people bigger than me can protect me if need be' bit.  Not that I can't take care of myself, but you get my drift...

That's called, "being shallow".

Back in the day, I dated women that were 6 inches taller than me. Everybodies taller than me! My wife of 22 years is taller than me. If she would have taken your tactic, I wouldn't have to beautiful, wonderful children and I won't have been married to the same woman for this many years. It's not about height, it's about maturity and wanting to be together.

Funny thing happened on our 10th wedding aniversary. We were going to Phantom of the Opera in Toronto and we were in the elevator. My wife was wearing heals and she was about 5 inches taller than me. We were the only ones in the elevator and the door opened up. There stood 3 people. A guy my height and two women about 6 inches taller than him. He looked at me with a big smile on his face and said, "Wow! A man after my own heart". We all laughed.

Moral of the story...don't be shallow, you might be missing out on something good.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Being 6'3", I've never had that problem before.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are definitely right on that one.  I would NEVER date a guy that's shorter than me.  What woman wants to reach down to kiss a fellow?  For me, I think it's the whole 'people bigger than me can protect me if need be' bit.  Not that I can't take care of myself, but you get my drift...

Moral of the story...don't be shallow, you might be missing out on something good.

Nooooooooo...that doesn't make me shallow, that makes me particular on my preference in men.  I have that right.  I DID date a guy one time that was shorter than me.  Great guy.  Just couldn't deal with the fact he was shorter.  Big deal.  We're still friends, 17 years later.  Yeah, I'm shallow.

So you are going back on the wording of..."NEVER"? You DID say NEVER. We'll disagree then, not dating someone just because they are this or that, is shallow. You can have your preferences all you want, everybody has them. But to put it how you did, is shallow. You have a problem with bending down to kiss someone is shallow. There are WAY more important things than that. Guys are shallow, women are shallow. Some people just never grow up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm 5'11" and the tallest girl I ever dated was 6' on the money. She was pretty and we had great chemistry but I wound up leaving her for a 5'8" beauty...who turned out to be almost psycho.

My wife is also 5'8" and I couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Doesnt really matter how tall they are.  The only draw back I have found with taller women is that doggis style is awkward because their legs are longer then mine!

I feel like I have to get one of those little stools that I had as a kid to reach things.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

...or maybe she'd miss out on another chance for a short guy to insult her without even knowing a thing about her.

shrug
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...or maybe she'd miss out on another chance for a short guy to insult her without even knowing a thing about her.

shrug

Yeah, like you are the tactful, polite type! Go back to rounding up rattlers, you don't rate here. Keep your mouth shut unless you have experience on the subject.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nooooooooo...that doesn't make me shallow, that makes me particular on my preference in men.  I have that right.  I DID date a guy one time that was shorter than me.  Great guy.  Just couldn't deal with the fact he was shorter.  Big deal.  We're still friends, 17 years later.  Yeah, I'm shallow.

So you are going back on the wording of..."NEVER"? You DID say NEVER. We'll disagree then, not dating someone just because they are this or that, is shallow. You can have your preferences all you want, everybody has them. But to put it how you did, is shallow. You have a problem with bending down to kiss someone is shallow. There are WAY more important things than that. Guys are shallow, women are shallow. Some people just never grow up.

Hey, we all have our preferences of what attracts us to the opposite sex.  Short guys just don't do it for me.  Just like big boobs or blonde hair doesn't do it for some guys.  I guess that just because somebody's left out of the 'preferences' list, that makes everybody that doesn't like that particular feature shallow.

So logically, that would make everyone in the world shallow, since everyone has ideas on what they prefer in the opposite sex.

I'm done with this pissing match.

I'd still like an explaination about using the word...NEVER. Or is that too much?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm 6'1" and the tallest woman I've dated
so far has been 6'0" . It's not that I avoid
women taller then myself .

I just haven't met one taller then me that said yes ....... Yet !

ETA

FWIW

Many of the women that I have dated have said that
they aren’t usually attracted to guys shorter then they are .

Maybe that explains the short guy tuff dude syndrome
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm 6' 1",never really met a girl taller than myself I'd be interested in dating..........dont have a problem with it though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
you don't rate here. Keep your mouth shut unless you have experience on the subject.

You're right.  Ive never dated a short guy.  Have you?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Hey, we all have our preferences of what attracts us to the opposite sex.  Short guys just don't do it for me.  Just like big boobs or blonde hair doesn't do it for some guys.  I guess that just because somebody's left out of the 'preferences' list, that makes everybody that doesn't like that particular feature shallow.

So logically, that would make everyone in the world shallow, since everyone has ideas on what they prefer in the opposite sex.

+1

I dont even find some women remotely attractive, while others drive me wild.

I am shallow, or picky, or just attracted to what I am attracted to.

[freud]SP1grrl wants to be the woman and look up to the man.[/]

That is not a crime, in fact its kinda nice!

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Crap, I only know maybe two women who are taller than me.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't date one, just that I doubt the odds of me finding one to date are pretty slim.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:10:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I am 6'5"...how much taller can they be??

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I am 5'6"

Damn, my 12 y.o. daughter is 5'4"!!

Are you related to DoubleFeed?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#45]
All of the girls I know complain that worst thing EVER is going out with a guy that is their height or shorter.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Short people got.nobody...

Short people got.......no reason to live
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I'd still like an explaination about using the word...NEVER. Or is that too much?

LOOK OUT!!!  THE MIDGET IS GONNA BLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Telax Francis

Sgt1r5
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOOK OUT!!!  THE MIDGET IS GONNA BLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Telax Francis

Sgt1r5

Exlax ??

Won't that assure a BLOW
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#49]
6'3"
kinda hard to find one taller, but I dated a few 5'1" women, too short for me, I like em around 5'7 to 5'10"
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Just wear risers like Lippo does.  

Poor little Bonapartes.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top