Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 11:45:09 AM EDT
I'll try to keep this simple.. I own 3 xd pistols. 2 are service XD's. one in 40 the other in 357sig.. the 40 came with 2 factory 10 rounders. the 357sig came with 2 12's. on both pistol's the slide does not stay back after the last round, on either magazine. they are not diry i clean them after each trip to the range. they are both less that 1 year old. the 40 has maybe 200 rounds though it. the 357sig has maybe 3-400.... i am using the original mag that came with the pistol i have not switched the 40 with the 357sig

i have not shot the last xd my subcompact in a while, im not sure if it does it also or not.

TIA

i also posted this in the handgun forum/troubleshooting...... but im impatient
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#1]
With that amount of rounds through it, it could possibly be that it's just not broken in yet.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#2]
odd, I thought that the moment springfield slapped their name on these things they would instantly become more accurate and reliable.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#3]
springfields have lifetime warrentys.... use it..
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Should of bought a Glock

Maybe the magazine isn't catching something..
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
odd, I thought that the moment springfield slapped their name on these things they would instantly become more accurate and reliable.

more reliable than what?  My HS2000 is as reliable as it can be, and I I didn't have to have Springfield put on mine.  

I have a buddy with an XD40 and he's never had any trouble...same with my other buddy with an HS2000 in .40.  

whatever the problem this guy has, it's not anything that's common in either the HS2000 or the XD, based on my experience.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Not locking back after the last round sounds like a little bit of "limp wrist syndrome."
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

more reliable than what?  My HS2000 is as reliable as it can be, and I I didn't have to have Springfield put on mine.  

I have a buddy with an XD40 and he's never had any trouble...same with my other buddy with an HS2000 in .40.  

whatever the problem this guy has, it's not anything that's common in either the HS2000 or the XD, based on my experience.  

I still don't know what to say about them, when the hs2000 came out all the gun reviews said it was a pos, when springer gave them the holy name they were gold. Only one of the people I know that has one hasn't had any problems
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I still don't know what to say about them, when the hs2000 came out all the gun reviews said it was a pos, when springer gave them the holy name they were gold. Only one of the people I know that has one hasn't had any problems

they are great pistols, it sounds like this one has a bad slide stop or follower.  I'm just making a joke about people who actually think the XD is made in the USA.(I've actually been told that at a gun shop by an employee with a straight face, she was dead serious)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I have an XD40 as well, and the first part doesn't apply as it is reliable as I can ask of it.  The accuracy is another story altogether..........
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#11]
can you explain?? Im an accurate shooter, but this problem is new to me

Quoted:
Not locking back after the last round sounds like a little bit of "limp wrist syndrome."

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've got to hold the pistol down during the recoil, if you let your pistol ride up, all of the energy will be used to raise your gun, but not push the slide back far enough in order for it to lock the slide back.
Good luck, I don't know just a SWAG, but it is a simple solution that doesn't cost any money.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I would say that is the problem..  because the problem is on both pistols the 40 and the 357sig.  I had a someone at the range say I need to lock my wrist, but he didn't elaborate on it much....   Sounds kinda odd for it to be happening to both. So i would say that is the problem... thank you sir for your input.

now i have to wait a week before i can go to the range again

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've got to hold the pistol down during the recoil, if you let your pistol ride up, all of the energy will be used to raise your gun, but not push the slide back far enough in order for it to lock the slide back.
Good luck, I don't know just a SWAG, but it is a simple solution that doesn't cost any money.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Is your thumb resting on the slide release?  

I have well around 1500 rds through my XD9 and the only failure I've had is the slide did not fully return a couple times.  I had stopped cleaning it and was shooting surplus ammo in it, so it was probably my fault.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Where are your thumbs when  you shoot?  I bet one or both is on the slide stop.  I sold my XD because my grip was prone to this.

G
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I would say that is the problem..  because the problem is on both pistols the 40 and the 357sig.  I had a someone at the range say I need to lock my wrist, but he didn't elaborate on it much....   Sounds kinda odd for it to be happening to both. So i would say that is the problem... thank you sir for your input.

now i have to wait a week before i can go to the range again

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes, but not always you can get a pistols to cycle correctly, bu tht last round may require a bit more energy to lock the slide back. An accurate shooting has no bearing on whether you're going hold the gun down to lock the slide back or not.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#19]
my thumbs are not on the slide release....  when the pistol is empty.  and the slide is not pulled back you can load an empty magazine.  pull the slide back and it will stay back.  sounds like we have found the probem..
thanks guys

Quoted:
Where are your thumbs when  you shoot?  I bet one or both is on the slide stop.  I sold my XD because my grip was prone to this.

G

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#20]
cruze5: Please update this thread when you go visit the range next week. I would be very curious to see if it  is just "limp wristing."
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#21]
As former GcLrOaCpK owner, and a happy XD owner, I must say this...

I have had ZERO problems with my XD40. Call 'em up, they will take care of you.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Why use an XD when you can use a Glock?

[johnnie cochran] that does not make sense [/jc]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#23]
will do.

thanks again

Quoted:
cruze5: Please update this thread when you go visit the range next week. I would be very curious to see if it  is just "limp wristing."

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Does the slide lock back when you retract the slide by hand on an empty mag?
Is the recoil spring and guide rod original to the pistol? or aftermarket?
You didn't install a recoil buffer, did you?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#25]
read post 1195 about the slide

its all factory parts, i have not switched out the spring

Quoted:
Does the slide lock back when you retract the slide by hand on an empty mag?
Is the recoil spring and guide rod original to the pistol? or aftermarket?
You didn't install a recoil buffer, did you?

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Why use an XD when you can use a Glock?

[johnnie cochran] that does not make sense [/jc]

Because its better than a Glock.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

they are great pistols, it sounds like this one has a bad slide stop or follower.  I'm just making a joke about people who actually think the XD is made in the USA.(I've actually been told that at a gun shop by an employee with a straight face, she was dead serious)

sorry..thought I'd run into another Glock snob.  

You're right about gun stores...the collective gun knowledge possessed by the majority of gun store employees *might* fill a thimble on a good day!  Thank God I have 2 of the best near me:  Virginia Arms and Quantico Arms.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:08:53 AM EDT
[#28]
They will not lock back if you have the mag spring in upside down.  

Don't ask me how I know :D

- Gazukull
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top