Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/31/2005 10:56:06 AM EDT
5 or 6 years ago, a friend of mine got in a huge bar brawl  it was like him VS 6 guys out in front of the bar as he left..

me and another guy i was with just looked at each other and said "WTF!..." then looked around and noticed we were the only others outside to help him..

i cleared the gang pile by grabbing each of them by the back of the hair and hoseing OC right in there face..

it broke it up fast.. i left after i noticed i used the entire can up
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes.

+1

Sheep
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
yes, myself.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Many times.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Many times.

+1
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
yes, myself.

Me and a raccoon at the same time, top that!

Neighborhood dog attacks me and my dog while out for our night-time jog.

I unleash on the dog......and me.......and my dog.........and a nearby tree.........etc

I think that the two dogs are still laughing at me behind my back.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm part of the "been sprayed club"

And no, it wasn't a woman.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think the raccoon thing still wins, oh and his raccoon buddy ran up a tree so I hosed him AND shot pepper spray into the neighbors open 2nd floor window, not bad eh?

Now the ugly truth comes out.  I have to agree, nailing the neighbor's open 2nd floor window, two racoons and yourself is impressive.  Right Darth?

(From Torf's post in the PS's response thread)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I have . . . . sprayed myself once . . .but it was during a big fight
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I once spent most of my shift outside the office because a couple of cops went chasing each other through it while emptying their canisters at each other.

Chasing racoons out of the attic with pepper spray was a good idea except for the back splash.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]
LOL yes a few times, when you are breaking up a fight, you put it on your hand, then hold it on their faces one at atime, no over spray.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
LOL yes a few times, when you are breaking up a fight, you put it on your hand, then hold it on their faces one at atime, no over spray.

Then you put on a glove before taking a piss.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Being a cop, I would have to answer yes.  But I have been sprayed more by other cops than I have ever sprayed anyone else.  I still prefer to go hands-on with someone.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh yes. More than once, with CS and Pepper Spray.

It's a very entertaining thing to watch...........  
edited because i'm a moron.......
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Using OC is fun, except when you get it on you or your backup!  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#18]
No.

But I did learn that putting it in your mouth, even with the safety on, when your hands are full and you need to get into your car is NOT a good idea.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#19]
 Yes, a buddy and I got the bright idea to spray each other  to see what it was like.......it sucks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I worked in corrections back when that stuff first came on the scene and we used it extensively.

Good stuff. I always saved it as a last resort as you damn sure will get yourself and other Good guys when used in a NON ventilated area.

OUt of the Many Many Times that I saw it used, I only saw it ineffective in 2 instances.

One was on a guy Blitzed out of his mind on PCP

and the other was on a crazy fellow who thanked us for the "pepper Gas" because it burned out the demonds............( this was the same fellow who always drank his own piss, ate boogers, made little men out of his shit, quoted the bible extensively, made crab soup on a daily basis by boiling water in the microwave and tossing crabs that he picked off of himself into the water).he wasn't all thee
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes on several occasions.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#22]
You betcha!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

and the other was on a crazy fellow who thanked us for the "pepper Gas" because it burned out the demonds............( this was the same fellow who always drank his own piss, ate boogers, made little men out of his shit, quoted the bible extensively, made crab soup on a daily basis by boiling water in the microwave and tossing crabs that he picked off of himself into the water).he wasn't all thee

It's damn near impossible to stop a maniac hopped up on PCP.

And as for the other guy...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#24]
1 time at that same bar, we saw some big douch bag smacking his wife/girl around, so we went out to his car and squirted some on his car door handel and sat back and watch him get into his car and then the halarity insued :)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's damn near impossible to stop a maniac hopped up on PCP.

And as for the other guy...

That is nothin...I've seen it all, ,,, probably way too much
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Then you put on a glove before taking a piss.

Nah gf liked hot stuff.....hahaha...within 45 minutes is long, I was younger and could hold it better
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Set off a CS grenade in my house.

Does that count?

Av.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I like it on tamales and enchiladas.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Oh yes. More than once, with OC and Pepper Spray.

...OC and pepper spray are the same thing.

Sheep
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
yes, myself.

+1 had my brother get me in my face at for "conditioning" and it got me right in my eyes.... he sprayed.... hit me... then like 2 seconds later after my eyes teared up (spreading the irritaion) it hur tlike hell and I could not see clear for a couple fo minutes... had rinse in the shower for a few minutes.... it stained my clothes orange.   Stuff really works...

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Years ago my mom sold pepper spray at her shop. They were the ones you buy and put on your key chains. Well one day we were at a resturant eating and a guy sitting next to us noticed the spray on her keys. He told us that he put his wifes bottle in his front jeans pocket one time while going into a place to eat after driving her car. Well it seems the safety didnt quiet work and he emptied the whole can into his lap. Told me to be very very careful cause it hurt when it reached your privates.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Set off a CS grenade in my house.

Does that count?

Av.

Tel us the story Uncle Avalon!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I saw someone take the riot control size can, andlay a stripe down their forearm and take a full power sniff to "see what it was like" jacked him up real good.

I coulda died from laughing that hard
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

Yes, yes. You are very correct. I feel very stupid now.

For some reason, when I read OC, my brain processed it as CS.

But ya, have hosed with CS. Pretty old school for sure.....

Is that stuff even still in use?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Got sprayed by 18% pepper spray for police training.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#36]
I've used the handheld MK-4 (or is it MK-6?  Too lazy to get up and look) many times.  It doesn't always work right away, but once it starts to do its magic, stand by.

The best one is the MK-46.  It looks like a fullsize fire extinguisher.  I've used it twice in the jail to break up big dayroom riots, and it works like a charm.  Usually after about a minute the inmates have had enough and don't want to play any more  It's hell on us if we don't have masks, though.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#37]

ever hose someone with OC?

Probably 25-30 times. It worked everytime except one and the effect was delayed but effective.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Many times.

Many times times 100
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I think the raccoon thing still wins, oh and his raccoon buddy ran up a tree so I hosed him AND shot pepper spray into the neighbors open 2nd floor window, not bad eh?

What kind of stream were you using?

I have to say that's some shootin'.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Was out for a walk once, and some big mutt came charging at me. Hit him with a good blast of bear repellant OC, and he turned on a dime and shot back off in the opposite direstion....never made a peep, be he sure made tracks!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Used to go thru alot of the shit. Usually went like this: "You are being given a lawful command to come over to the food trap and get cuffed up--if you refuse we will use all the force necessary to remove you from the cell--what are you going to do?"  Then after they tell you to fuck off or whatever, you fog the shit out of the cell and close the food trap. After a few minutes a team goes in and "extracts" the poor  guy or guys
All the technical jargon is for the camera, which never seems to be aimed correctly during the extraction
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Now that's a fella with some stories!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

Yes, yes. You are very correct. I feel very stupid now.

For some reason, when I read OC, my brain processed it as CS.

But ya, have hosed with CS. Pretty old school for sure.....

Is that stuff even still in use?

Senility sucks, eh?  

Yeah...we have CS and CN for the gas gun.  We lobbed over 20 cans of that shit into a house one night on a barricaded subject.

Bastard STILL wouldn't come out, so in we went.

I burned my uniform after that.

Sheep
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Yes.

Once the guy simply wiped it out of his eye and said "damn".  Then the fight was right back on. 3 Taser drive stuns, 1 kick, and total of 500# of weight on the guy later we finally cuffed him.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#45]

ever hose someone with OC?

Yes.

Stream
Fog
Foam

...and my fav, PEPPERBALL!

I have also been sprayed with OC/Freeze +P. We are expected to as part of training.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:49:04 AM EDT
[#46]
funny story...

in highschool, a buddy of mine had a big 1978 delta 88. he had a BIG can of OC tucked in the split in the front seat bench...
his sister got in his car to move it amd slid the power seats forword.
it pinched the can and punched a hole in it.. blowing the entire can of OC in the car with the windows down, with her in it...

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:49:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:58:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Not personally but I did watch one of my sensei take a boost in the face at PBR - to see its affects. He stood there for about three seconds - his face turned BEET red almost purple, then ran like a banshe to the bathroom - !!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:31:43 AM EDT
[#49]
In my bike patrol days would go thru about a can a week.  (MK-3)  Now All I do is say,  "I have a Taser"

I haven't sprayed anyone in three months.  It's amazing how quickly compliance comes about after just mentioning the "T" word.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:41:43 AM EDT
[#50]
A time or two ....  You always seem to be wearing some on yourself after it's used by you or another LEO.  I think the worst was one of the certifications I went through for this stuff called "Phase IV".  We took a direct shot to the face, dropped for 20 push-ups then ran 25 yds to deliver 10 elbow strikes with the right elbow and 10 elbow strikes with the left elbow, ran another 25 yds to deliver 10 knee strikes with the right knee and 10 knee strikes with the left.  After running another 25 yds, we got the pleasure of delivering 10 baton strikes strong side, and 10 baton strikes on the weak side.  Last but not least, after running an additional 25 yds, we got to go all out on an instructor wearing the "red man" suit for 3 minutes before being allowed to go to the water.  It royally sucked, but did instill the confidence to fight through the stuff.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top