Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 10:40:58 AM EDT
This month-August- your reps and sens might hold meetings in your area.

This would be a good chance to meet them in person and express your concerns regarding the SA and other issues.

CRC
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I try to be well read about public issues, but what is 'SA'?

I've been to these townhall meetings before, all you get is platitudes, looks of concern and then you're forgotten about the minute the critter returns to D.C.

I'm sorry I'm so cynical, but I believe that that is the way it is; money talks and, well, you know what walks...

On the state level, I've seen state representatives give Ma & Pa Constituent 'half of an ear' while they are expressing their concerns, only to have the state rep notice a high powered lobbyist hovering near by and then the rep excuses himself from Ma & Pa Constituent so he can backslap and handshake the lobbyist.  It's really a sad state of affairs...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I try to be well read about public issues, but what is 'SA'?

That would be the Second Amendment.  That's the one about guns and stuff......  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This month-August- your reps and sens might hold meetings in your area.

This would be a good chance to meet them in person and express your concerns regarding the SA and other issues.

CRC

Please enlighten me, I've never heard of this
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Its called the'August Recess' and reps and sens usually have consituent meetings.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]

That would be the Second Amendment. That's the one about guns and stuff......

Well, DUUUHHHHH!  Okay, you got me on that one.  It could've meant 'semi-auto'

So that I can recover gracefully, may I say that I was once represented by one of the finest 2nd Amendment supporters in D.C., Dr. Ron Paul?  Now because of redistricting, I am now represented by Lloyd Dogget who has not responded to my email regarding his position on the SA.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Everyone I've been to was a waste of time. They will not answer your questions directly.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#7]
They sent me a letter to call about stuff.  I called, they are supposed to call me back.

No meetings, and they dont let people like me near those things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top