Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 9:53:24 AM EDT
I need a good small portable charcoal grill.

Would really like one that folds up or compacts in some way into a box or carrying case.  Weight is not an issue but size when packed up is.  

Need it for camping when I hit ATV friendly spots. Rack room is at a premium and if its in a box or case that makes it much better.

Any Ideas?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmm....I'm sure Coleman makes something that will fit the bill....

Check out your local, *gasp*!..... Wally World or Cabelas or the like.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Weber makes a small one where the legs fold over to lock the lid on when not in use.  Weber seems to make some pretty solid grills. I'm sure it last a while.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:08:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Weber makes a small one where the legs fold over to lock the lid on when not in use.  Weber seems to make some pretty solid grills. I'm sure it last a while.

You cant beat a Weber.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You cant beat a Weber.

sure you could, but why would you want a dented weber?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You cant beat a Weber.

sure you could, but why would you want a dented weber?

The dents create vortices in the dome cover creating  and ehancing extra flavor for your food.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Who makes the takedown grill?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Weber Smokey Joe. I have cooked for many, many people on this grill. I recommend it highly. Stand by for a pic.
30 bucks at Wally World
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Who makes the takedown grill?

ez-grill
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#10]
A piece of expanded metal propped up with a few rocks is about the most compact grill you can get.  go to a welding shop and buy a small piece of scrap for about $10.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#11]
One that can be compacted would be the best.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Weber Smokey Joe. I have cooked for many, many people on this grill. I recommend it highly. Stand by for a pic.
30 bucks at Wally World
ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p985164reg.jpg

I have cooked many a country style pork rib and chicken thighs on the one I own, but if you prefer indirect heat
it is too small to cook very much at one time
I would think that the two at the bottom of this page would be the best choice(one gas, one charcoal)
www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/portable/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top