Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2005 7:20:50 PM EDT
Damn.
NEW YORK — A 13-year-old boy went to a restroom during a Yankees game and never returned, and searches of the stadium, nearby fast-food restaurants and train stations by hundreds of police and security guards were fruitless.

Majelique Lewis, of Stamford, Conn., disappeared Friday night during the seventh-inning stretch of a Yankees-Angels game, police said.

His mother immediately reported him missing to security, who notified police about an hour later.
Every stadium exit is monitored by security cameras and Lewis' mother did not spot him on hours of recorded images, police said.
It was the teen's first trip to Yankee Stadium (search). He attended the game with his 65-year-old foster mother, brother and two sisters.

Lewis has no behavioral or mental problems and no history of running away, police said.
"He's an average kid," said Arthur Shannonhouse (search), who answered the phone at Lewis' home and identified himself as the teenager's father.
Ten to 15 children are reported missing at every Yankees game but are almost immediately located, police said

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Usually  the kid was never there t begin with and was already dead.

Not saying that the case here but certinly wouldnt rule it out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It was the teen's first trip to Yankee Stadium (search). He attended the game with his 65-year-old foster mother, brother and two sisters.

He ran away.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Lewis has no behavioral or mental problems and no history of running away, police said.

Yet he is in a Foster Home.

This cop is a idiot.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope hes ok, but with a name like "Majelique" he may have good reason for disappearing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Ran away. I hope.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They should see him going in.

Every stadium exit is monitored by security cameras and Lewis' mother did not spot him on hours of recorded images, police said.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They should see him going in.

My exact thoughts.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ran away. I hope.

Me too
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#9]
He ran away and was found in Queens early this morning.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Queens?? I grew up in Queens.... Queens isnt a place you run to... its a place you run from.

then again... He did run away from the Bronx. and Being that The Bronx is the seventh ring of hell, I guess it was a step up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Queens?? I grew up in Queens.... Queens isnt a place you run to... its a place you run from.

then again... He did run away from the Bronx. and Being that The Bronx is the seventh ring of hell, I guess it was a step up.

I just spent 10 minutes typing, erasing, and retyping trying to show some kind of comparison as to Bronx into Queens...trading this hell with no drinking for that hell with no women, etc...

All of 'em fell flat, though...both are just different kinds of hell

OH I GOT IT!

It's like trading one hell with an underground subway system, for one with an above-ground subway system.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He ran away.

Sgatr15

I knew a kid in a similar situation.  That mom all he had, and she was good for him.  Yeah, too bad she was so much older, but there must have been a shortage of decent younger foster parents.  Of course this thing about not allowing unblacks to be adopted or foster parents of black kids actually keeps them from getting decent parents sometimes.  They will bounce from one foster home to another due to this bias.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
going....going....GONE!  That one is outta here......
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ran away. I hope.

+1
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#15]
edit

looks like they found him
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
edit

looks like they found him

Quoted:

Posted :: 7/31/2005 2:18:16 PM EDT

A day late and a buck short there Dribble.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#17]
An old time hat wearing homicide cop once told me that about 95% of people who turn up missing, go missing because they want to.

He said that within reason, age and circumstance had nothing to do with that fact.

Didn't matter if they were 10 years old or a multi-millionaire with a hot blond wife.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:27:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Something doesn't sound right
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top