Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/30/2005 5:30:24 PM EDT
JUST SAY NO. My beautiful and lovely assistant says that this movie proves that there is no GOD.

It is a chain of cliches wrapped around some badly CGI'ed flying sequences. Apparently NO ONE any
where near this script has ever even read a military training manual, much less a Jane's or weekly military news.

Just go and see something else.......anything else....maybe paint drying or grass growing....
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Im still going to go see it my next days off (tues and wens)
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I warned you.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Everyone has...... Im the guinne pig or something... Jessica is HAWT and the planes look bad ass to me....
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Jessica is going to really piss you off, She thinks she is in the first King Kong...she keeps screaming and whining for the whole movie.

Just remember these two quotes from other movies and supply them "somewhere" in this one....
!. There is No crying in Baseball.
2.  Oh Lord Jesus Help me I am halfway down......
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I won't waste my time.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Gawd, I've been telling you people this since I first saw the trailer.

The planes suck. Giant revolving magazine that drops into the slipstream? Who thought up that POS?
They use something similar in the B1, but have the good sense to not use it as an anchor.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The movie received zero stars in my local paper.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I saw it and liked it.

It was unbelivable as are alot of Fictional movies, but still ok IMO.

FREE
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't go wrong with Jessica
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't believe anyone would even go see this movie, it looks so teh ghey!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't most jets have, like, two hours of fuel or something? How does this thing keep going then? Especially when it dumps a bunch of fuel to make a huge dramatic ring of fire? *starts humming Johnny Cash*

Here's a better question for you: Why is it that every computer that becomes "self-aware" suddenly goes on a homicidal rampage against its creators? Why aren't there any nice, benevolent computers who just want everybody to get along?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#13]
while we're talking about shitty movies, you people who said "wedding crashers" was good ... wtf is wrong with you? that movie sucked major ass. (except for the titty shot scenes)
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Why aren't there any nice, benevolent computers who just want everybody to get along?

There was one named Colossus. He was a friendly computer once he had control of the world.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#15]
The trailers make it look like a bad comedy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Spoiler warning!!!!!!

Spoiler warning!!!!!!

Spoiler warning!!!!!!

Well they have refuling zeplins in the movie. The UAV(robot plane) attempts to refuel and is denied access, therefore it shoots off the nozzle and flies it refuling arm it the hose.

After this the other Stealth(human/good guy) links up with the other refuling hose.

after a conversation with the UAV(robot plane) it basicaly say F**koff and ignites the fuel which creates the ring of fire etc....good guy narrowly escapes

As far as the AI, it does become self aware and goes on a mission/simulation that it thinks is real i.e kill evil russian terroists in Siberia.

The UAV realy doesnt go nuts per say, he just becomes a little cocky and confused

Im not telling any more, but in the end the UAV(robot plane) saves the day.

FREE

Quoted:
Don't most jets have, like, two hours of fuel or something? How does this thing keep going then? Especially when it dumps a bunch of fuel to make a huge dramatic ring of fire? *starts humming Johnny Cash*

Here's a better question for you: Why is it that every computer that becomes "self-aware" suddenly goes on a homicidal rampage against its creators? Why aren't there any nice, benevolent computers who just want everybody to get along?

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Spill it, no one here is actually going to go see it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I am damnit......
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#19]
really don't see it the movie is so bad you will want your money back. My friend made me go.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I am damnit......

It's free for Free to spoil it, it'll cost you at least 8 bux to be dissapointed otherwise.
May as well let Free let the cat out of the bag.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#21]
What can I say, I go against the grain. I hated Team America: World Police  
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I wont read the spoilers, justy meant im going to see it. And it wont cost me a thing. Good having friends.  

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am damnit......

It's free for Free to spoil it, it'll cost you at least 8 bux to be dissapointed otherwise.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Stop being a pussy and tell me you love it

Your right....that movie was GHEY!

Not to mention almost EVERY maneuver the stealth planes made were physically impossible.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Impossible by a jet that doesnt exist.. heheheheh

Quoted:
Stop being a pussy and tell me you love it

Your right....that movie was GHEY!

Not to mention almost EVERY maneuver the stealth planes made were physically impossible.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#26]
And what the hell...that damn plane can take a picture of your finger print from what....5 miles away doing mach 6.

And that one plane was doing what...mach 5 going straight down and he manages to level out with less than mile before he hit earth.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
JUST SAY NO. My beautiful and lovely assistant says that this movie proves that there is no GOD.

It is a chain of cliches wrapped around some badly CGI'ed flying sequences. Apparently NO ONE any
where near this script has ever even read a military training manual, much less a Jane's or weekly military news.

Just go and see something else.......anything else....maybe paint drying or grass growing....

That about sums up the vibe I got from the pre views.

Then a saw something about it on Leno last night

midair refuling BLIMP

After I saw that... There ain't no way I'm going to this movie
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
really don't see it the movie is so bad you will want your money back. My friend made me go.

Quoted:
I wont read the spoilers, justy meant im going to see it. And it wont cost me a thing. Good having friends.  

Friends don't let friends watch crappy movies.

Quoted:

Why are you even here?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
That about sums up the vibe I got from the pre views.

Then a saw something about it on Leno last night

midair refuling BLIMP

After I saw that... There ain't no way I'm going to this movie

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#30]
BLARG!!!!  So I didnt like it..... It happens from time to time.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Friends don't let friends watch crappy movies.

Quoted:

Why are you even here?

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#31]
More spoilers....

WARNING!!!!!!!!!

Do not read if you are going to see the move!!!!

Last chance!!!!
Also the chick has to eject over North Korea, dodge burning debris in freefall only to open up her parachute, have it catch on fire and get hung up itn a tree 2 ft above the ground

It only gets better!!!!

She then get chased by the N Korean Army and get hit in the Arm by a Dragonav Sniper

While this is happening after the ring of fire The pilot talks the UAV out of blowing up Siberia, lands in Alaska for repair, only to be attacked by a doctor trying to kill him to cover up the UAV malfunction.

He meets the creator of the AI, hops in the UAV and  fires missles to cover the escape of the UAVs AI.

He then goes to N Korea and finds the female pilot(the one he is in love with) fighting the N Korean army on the DMZ with just some HK future type pistol.

They use the last missle to to kill all the ground soldiers, and then a N Korean gunship arrives to kill them.

Right before they are about to die, the UAV(insert cool save the day music) powers up, opens fire and rams the Gunship, thus saving the day.

Oh did I mention before the Refueling firering Jamie Fox gets killed(outmanuved by UAV, crashed into cliff) while trying to talk the UAV into returning to the ship???

I missed a few things,but thats the about it. Impossible flight characteristics, situations etc, but then again when is the last time you saw a DEATH STAR? or a Star Destroyer in orbit?????

FREE

And

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am damnit......

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Yea I forgot about that.

FREE

Quoted:
And what the hell...that damn plane can take a picture of your finger print from what....5 miles away doing mach 6.

And that one plane was doing what...mach 5 going straight down and he manages to level out with less than mile before he hit earth.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#33]
just the trailers alone should have told you this was gonna suck.
I suppose 12 year old gamers will think this movie is wicked
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#34]

with just some HK future type pistol.

Its called an MP7.  

Did you notice how she didnt even aim, but hit every bad guy from 100 yards away?
Why would the airforce even issue a MP7 as a bail out weapon?  It doesnt make sense.....I guess its because it looks cool.

MP7

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Sweet!!!

Now if they would only make a semi version.

FREE

Quoted:

Its called an MP7.  

MP7

hkpro.com/pdwmain.jpg

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Yea I took the kids to see it.

I  liked it, but I went knowing what it was about.

FREE

Quoted:
just the trailers alone should have told you this was gonna suck.
I suppose 12 year old gamers will think this movie is wicked

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#37]
If I go and see movies like this I have to turn off half my brain.

I have to competely throwout my knowledge of Physics (Astrophysics major... Aerospace engineering before that)
And throw out my knowledge of guns
And throw out the small amount of millitary knowledge I have

SO I can't spell... Actualy I spelled the wrong word quite perfectly
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#38]

And through out my knowledge of guns
And through out the small amount of millitary knowledge I have

I believe its "throw" and not "through"
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Its called an MP7.  

Did you notice how she didnt even aim, but hit every bad guy from 100 yards away?
Why would the airforce even issue a MP7 as a bail out weapon?  It doesnt make sense.....I guess its because it looks cool.

MP7

hkpro.com/pdwmain.jpg

hkpro.com/pdwright.jpg

hkpro.com/mp7pdw.jpg

Why the hell would they issue a bullpup pistol that takes M16 mags?
armpistol

The PDW concept comes up time and again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I missed a few things,but thats the about it. Impossible flight characteristics, situations etc, but then again when is the last time you saw a DEATH STAR? or a Star Destroyer in orbit?????

So, the movie was supposed to be fantasy, or sci-fi?

Movies like this are the equivelent of the gunstore commando.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Buddy of mine wanted to see Stealth today.  I knew it was going to bite, but I couldn't convince him.  He thought it would be the next Top Gun.  

I was going with so I flat out told him he could go alone and I'd get caught up on my shooting.  We went and saw The Wedding Crashers instead.

Bewbies!

EDIT: A MATINEE is freaking $7.50 now.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Oh did I mention before the Refueling firering Jamie Fox gets killed(outmanuved by UAV, crashed into cliff) while trying to talk the UAV into returning to the ship???

I knew they were going to kill off Token.  Good looking white guy, good looking white girl, and a ebonically challenged black man.  Gee, who can point out the red shirt?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I could have told you this without opening this thread. The previews should tell you all you need to know.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#44]
the trailer alone told me it was gonna suck.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't care - it was a fun movie anyway.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Big +1 on not going, that flic is typical hollywood PC crap.  One white guy, one female and one brother.  Gimme a friggen break.    
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I tried to see it at the Sunday matinee but all the tickets were "SOLD OUT"

I think I'll wait until the movie "the Great Raid" comes out, a true story about rescuing POW's at a Japanese prison camp in the Philippines during WWII.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Big +1 on not going, that flic is typical hollywood PC crap.  One white guy, one female and one brother.  Gimme a friggen break.    

Hey, at least she fell for the white guy........that's unusual today
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

You sir, are a fucking Red

America, FUCK YEAH!

Disconnector
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#50]
All you had to do was watch the commercial to know it was going to suck.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top