Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2001 12:26:49 AM EDT
I have a pile of new in wrap POS USA AR 30 and 40 rounders, and I wanna know, would it be unethical for me to try to pass them off on someone else. Obviously the purchaser would be a Brother-in-Arms AR15 owner, so I am torn. I'm not a dealer, just a guy with some crap. What do y'all think?
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 12:37:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Do they work?  I have some cheepo steel bodied magazines that I bought at a gun show that have worked just as well as my USGI magazines.  If someone wants to buy them, let them make their own decision.

You might also want to consider that you could replace the magazine bodies with new USGI, as I believe replacement is legal.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 12:38:54 AM EDT
[#2]
i wouldnt do it id use em for targets or i would sell em dirt cheap like 2 bucks each
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 12:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You might also want to consider that you could replace the magazine bodies with new USGI, as I believe replacement is legal.
View Quote
Is this true? Anybody? Where do I get the parts? This would eliminate the guilt.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 1:49:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Tony Rumore reports that they work great with his 458 conversion.Advertise them FOR THIS PURPOSE.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 1:56:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ARMALITE FAN:
Tony Rumore reports that they work great with his 458 conversion.Advertise them FOR THIS PURPOSE.
View Quote

Good to know.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 2:57:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#7]
They do work fine in the Tromix .458 SOCOM and 50AE conversions.  I would not use them for targets.

Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Offer them dirt cheap on Eq Ex with your acknowledgement they usually don't work and let the buyer's decide if they wish to spend the money and take their chances.
If you offered them cheap enough I'd take a few to see if I could tune them to work with my guns, just for grins and giggles.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Hold them until 2050AD. I think people will be buying them for $17 each.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Now isn't the problem with the USA mags the springs collapsing? Couldn't you use the mag bodies but replace the springs and use a green follower and then they should work good?
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#11]
A friend of mine has someof the same mags and they will, at the slightest provocation, spew forth all rounds loaded into them.It's kinda funny, he has'em jungle clipped, and when he slaps one in, the other zips 'em all in the dirt.[B)]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]
In regards to rebuilding a mag, don't come to California! (as if anyone would) As far as I was told by a local FFL, in California, you have to find a dealer who has gotten a permit to allow possession of replacement bodies and/or new mags. He didn't want the hassle so he didn't get the permit. If he was qualified, I'd have to send my mags to him for replacement bodies then he'd give'm back and I presume destroy the old bodies. Probably in any other state you won't see this kind of stuff, but who knows?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top