Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2001 8:24:28 PM EDT
Not only that. This was the first HIGH-Power rifle I have ever shot. I have shot 22LR and a 12 Gauge. But I finally can see why most people have bought these. They are fun to shoot, and accurate out the box. I have a J&T Dist. 20"HB Post-Ban with a Bushmaster Lower. Man cant wait for the next trip to the range.

Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]

What did you think of that "boing" sound?

[beer]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Well the range I went to is in a wildlife Management area. There was no problem. The people that run the range are mostly Military or Retired Military so it was a pretty good experience.

Man I love to hit those plate targets at 100 yrds, and hear that plink sound....
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WhoMe?:

[beer]
View Quote

Every newbie that tries mine says " ummm, I think somethings wrong with it"[:O]
then most buy one !!!  I love bringing more to the dark side !!
[x]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh I misunderstood..My bad. Yeah that big spring by the ear can be heard even with ear plugs. It didnt bother me, I knew it was there from building the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Have yet to meet someone who isn't impressed with them. I know I was impressed with the first Bushmaster I bought. Been in love ever since.

What got you into an AR as your first high power rifle anyway?

I owned AK's before, but after getting into AR's, it hasn't been the same. Don't get me wrong I still love my AK, but the AR gets the most attention.

Beware, these guns are VERY addicting.

OK, now I'm starting to sound like one of those gun nuts again.

Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]

[beer]
View Quote

lmao![:)]

pnaugh- welcome to de club! warning- they're like potato chips. next thing you know, you've got a closet-full.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Well the biggest factor was a guy from work that kept talking about how fun theyh were to shoot. I trusted his judgment, and he was not wrong. I got a group from work together to go to the range with me. All of them own at least one AR-15. So one of them brought an SKS, and I got to shoot that also. The sks was nice and I will probably get one. But for now the AR is pretty AWSOME.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the most hated group of gun owners in the country...it's an exclusive club of course, but one that I'm damn proud to be part of.

By the way...find yourself a good divorce attorney and put him on retainer[xx(]..you might need him, been through 3 wives, sold most of my other toys but I still have the first AR I ever bought.

Something evil comes this way...welcome to the dark side.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome, nothing like it, the AR 15 truly is a marvelous piece of engineering. Every time I shoot mine, I am amazed by ole Eugene Stoners genius and vision.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Welcome to the most hated group of gun owners in the country...it's an exclusive club of course, but one that I'm damn proud to be part of.

By the way...find yourself a good divorce attorney and put him on retainer[xx(]..you might need him, been through 3 wives, sold most of my other toys but I still have the first AR I ever bought.

Something evil comes this way...welcome to the dark side.
View Quote

Bob - Sure got a good laugh out of your post. [:d] It occured to me that we probably share the title of the "most hated group of gun owners in the country.." with the 5BMG guys, don't you think [?]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Butkus 51:

[beer]
View Quote

Every newbie that tries mine says " ummm, I think somethings wrong with it"[:O]
then most buy one !!!  I love bringing more to the dark side !!
[x]
View Quote

Luke...I'am your father.....
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#12]
ar15'
s bet u cant own just one.

next project i do is a "bolt action" ar 15 pistol heheheh execmpt from the AW law mahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#13]
LMAO Bullet...yesterday I took my "current" wife with me down to a store that specializes in BMG's..Arm Usa in So. Cal. It's a great place for gun toting freaks like us. I went down there to look at some really nice sniper systems and got into a discussion with the owner about BMG's...Accuracy International's AW50 and a beautiful takedown system by EDM, the XM107. My wife took one look at these beasts and sat in the truck.

Guess I better make the call..[;)]

It's a good thing though right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top