Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/27/2005 6:12:56 PM EDT
Hi folks.

Since I moved to Manhattan from Ohio, I've been a bit of a tourist taking pictures.  I happen to live downtown, which has a lot of cool sights--not the least of which is Ground Zero.  However, today I was taking some pictures around Wall Street and thought you folks would enjoy them.

The corner of Broad and Wall, center of the Financial District:

The New York Stock Exchange, now protected by barracades:

Police standing guard across the street with M4s:

One of the Federal Reserve Depositories (I think, long time New Yorkers help me out):

The Original G. W.:

This bank was the site of where Congress created the Ordinance establishing the Northeast Territories:

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#1]
What did you do with your guns?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Sold 'em all.  I just hang around her for sentimental reasons.

(Left them in Ohio.)
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]

So what do they do when they need to poop?  Is that what the big pouches are for?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

(Left them in Ohio.)

Musta been a helluva job offer.

NYC is an amazing place. Huge. Wouldn't want to live there and not pack a handgun everywhere though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
homepage.mac.com/egsimmers/images/wallstreet-05.jpg

So what do they do when they need to poop?  Is that what the big pouches are for?

They do what the homeless do and crap in the subway.  I dunno.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(Left them in Ohio.)

Musta been a helluva job offer.

NYC is an amazing place. Huge. Wouldn't want to live there and not pack a handgun everywhere though.

Someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Those are TDD's*
*Tactical Donut Dispensers
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#8]
cool pics!@
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are TDD's*

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are TDD's*

The national guard troops around Penn Station have a pouch that I would guess was a gasmask.  I dunno what these are.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow!  I could never have the balls to transplant myself to that fast paced city.

Pretty high speed M4s for what look to be regular fat bodied beat cops!  But good for them!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#12]
That building with the statue of GW is Federal Hall. The Federal Reserve Repository is on Liberty Street. It's got a nice cafeteria on the third floor in the back. Fed Reserve cops got M4s too, but less optics.

You might notice they're wearing MICHs. World of improvement over the old PASGT handmedowns.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#13]
those 2 officers look sloppy. come on get it together shit................
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Great Pics......Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Wow!  I could never have the balls to transplant myself to that fast paced city.

Believe it or not, I lived in Tokyo for a while so New York comes easily.  In Tokyo, I was in shock for a month, I think.  haha

Quoted:

In defense of the officers, it was 97 and humid as shit today.  So long as they can put down terrorists, they could be wearing bikinis for all I care.  An inspection ready unit never passed combat, so I hear.

Quoted:
cool pics!@

Quoted:
Great Pics......Thanks!!!

Thanks, guys!  Thought you'd enjoy.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Arf-worthy pics, for sure.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#17]
There is NO offer good enough to make me go there to live.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hi folks.

Since I moved to Manhattan from Ohio, I've been a bit of a tourist taking pictures.  I happen to live downtown, which has a lot of cool sights--not the least of which is Ground Zero.  However, today I was taking some pictures around Wall Street and thought you folks would enjoy them.

The corner of Broad and Wall, center of the Financial District:

homepage.mac.com/egsimmers/images/wallstreet-01.jpg

The New York Stock Exchange, now protected by barracades:

homepage.mac.com/egsimmers/images/wallstreet-02.jpg

homepage.mac.com/egsimmers/images/wallstreet-03.jpg

homepage.mac.com/egsimmers/images/wallstreet-04.jpg

Police standing guard across the street with M4s:

One of the Federal Reserve Depositories (I think, long time New Yorkers help me out):

homepage.mac.com/egsimmers/images/wallstreet-06.jpg

The Original G. W.:

homepage.mac.com/egsimmers/images/wallstreet-07.jpg

This bank was the site of where Congress created the Ordinance establishing the Northeast Territories:

homepage.mac.com/egsimmers/images/wallstreet-08.jpg

next time your in the area go to (sp)Kino's bar on Nassau street. Say hello to the girls for me
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I really like NYC -- but only for visiting.  You cannot beat the restaurants or the night scene.  In many ways it is like a lot of little neighbors.  I liked walking where the diplomats lived.  I also went up to Harlem, and found it interesting, but only went there during the day.  I do not like La Guardia airport at all, however.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Nice pics, have fun. Uncle Vanya's is a neat little russian restaurant with reasonable prices.

The pouches are blackhawk gas mask pouches, I think. I noticed those before, some NYPD guys have them and other don't know, don't know what the deal is. Vinnie or Wave will know if they see this thread.

Oh, I'll have to check it out tomorrow.  People bash the city, but I'm having fun.  

Quoted:
next time your in the area go to (sp)Kino's bar on Nassau street. Say hello to the girls for me

That would be every every day.  I live there right there.  haha  But I'll check it out.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Only one of those cops has a watch.  Does that make him the boss, or is it the other guy?  

"It's 9:00 o'clock, whose goin' for donuts?"
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I really like NYC -- but only for visiting.  You cannot beat the restaurants or the night scene.  In many ways it is like a lot of little neighbors.  I liked walking where the diplomats lived.  I also went up to Harlem, and found it interesting, but only went there during the day.  I do not like La Guardia airport at all, however.  

JFK sucks worse IMO
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1; their gear may be high speed , but they arent.....No tactical officer w/any respect would let himself look that dumpy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The one on the right looks like he's about 15 minutes in to wondering where his potty break relief is going to show up..
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Nice pics, have fun. Uncle Vanya's is a neat little russian restaurant with reasonable prices.

The pouches are blackhawk gas mask pouches, I think. I noticed those before, some NYPD guys have them and other don't know, don't know what the deal is. Vinnie or Wave will know if they see this thread.

NYPD and EMS have all been issued gas maskes. I know all of EMS has them, and are required to carry them while on duty. NYPD, because there are 34,000+ MOS, may not have finished issuing them to everybody...
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, I'll have to check it out tomorrow.  People bash the city, but I'm having fun.  

Quoted:

That would be every every day.  I live there right there.  haha  But I'll check it out.  

If it's still there it was 3 doors from the Petland discounts at 132 Nassau between Ann and Beekman street. I used to manage that petshop in my younger days and spent many hours in a rum stupor
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#28]
What are you doing here now? working, or going to school?

(I go to school a little further up around midtown)
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#29]
No kidding?  Yeah, I live right on Water St.

Here's some pics of my place.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Is the Tramway Restaurant still open?

That’s one of the few things I miss about New York City.

That and the Theaters; both cinema and Broadway.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#31]
So let me get this strait... you moved from Ohio... the newest AWB Kool-Aid drinking state, to NY?

To each is own I guess.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
What are you doing here now? working, or going to school?

(I go to school a little further up around midtown)

Grad school.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Thats what the big gloves are for ....
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Thos guys have to be burning up. The heat index was over 100 today. They are probably soaked
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#35]
It was miserable, for sure.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#36]
at least their aimpoints are on right.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 1:19:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 2:17:19 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Nice pictures Tso..glad you're enjoying some tourist time before classes kick in.

Just a quick note to all the "Inspector Generals" with the comments about the sloppy cops:

It was 96 degrees before noon today, with typical New York humidity. I have guys on the elevated train tracks in the Bronx and a few almost failed in the heat, and we get to drink ice water and don't have to worry about how we look. After all, we're just dirty Ironworkers, not police.

Tell ya what Skippy, since you know all about professional deportment, you put on a navy blue, polyester blend uniform, with body armor and helmet (both black), and stand in the direct sun for a couple hours doing something as tactically invaluable as guard the front doors to the friggin' NYSE and let's see how spiffy YOU look....

Somebody explain to me just WHY it is so NECESSARY to make such comments? Is your  life so small that this is a "win" for you?

When in doubt, STFU.......

Damn, I need coffee......

LOL
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:07:09 AM EDT
[#39]
I like the tactical slings the cops have... let me see them transition to pistols with them.

BTW, cops with rifles in public might want to try a little harder to inspire confidence in the public.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:19:18 AM EDT
[#40]
The cop on the right needs a bigger Kevlar.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:20:20 AM EDT
[#41]
man, you guys are harsh!

nice to have someone in enemy territory (politically speaking); very cool pics. i thought nyc was the most amazing place i've ever been to besides tokyo but it was hilarious trying to be polite or friendly...i was walking down the street and i passed a rather matronly woman and said, "morning!' she jumped like i hit her with a cattle prod and clutched her purse to her bosom...i wonder if they're any different post 9/11?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:23:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Go visit BAZZINI nut company on the west side

2nd avenue Deli at 10th street

St. Marks place

Parisi deli ( 198# mott street)

At the Bowling Green the old customs house has been converted to the "museum ofthe american indian"

Lower west side has the NYC firemans Museum (really cool)

IF you want to see fantastic firearms go visit the Metropolitan Museum of Modern art on 5th ave (museum mile)

Please visit Arturos Coal oven Pizza on Houston about 4 block east of Broadway.

Walk through Chatam Square during luch hours (china Town)

Visit Fulton Fish market since they are closing down after 200 years

take the "A" train to 125 street get off , walk up and look around ....then get back on and go home (daylight only)

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:24:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Three words..........Blue Water Grill.  Best food in the city. 17th and Union square.
+1 on the defense of the NYPD cops.  I am very good friends with one of the firearm instructors on City Island. He works with the ESU guys on a daily basis. These guys are highly trained and very practical and professional in what they do.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:02:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

NYPD has never earned any 'best dressed' awards.  

The patches on their left shoulders look like they're from the Emergency Services Unit.  You'll get what you deserve from these guys.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#45]
and they AREN'T fat, the latino, pr, black, whatever guy on the left if short and stocky and the anglo has adouble chin and all but they're wearing body armor and big pouches which makes you look really bulky. but they don't seem to have fat guy arms or legs...

the helmet looks like ass on the anglo though...
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:12:07 AM EDT
[#46]
... NYC is almost like a completely different country to me. I worked there during almost the entire summer of 2003. Made the best of it I could but most the folks are certainly weird. Always things to do there. Sure missed the ability to CCW though.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:21:31 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
No kidding?  Yeah, I live right on Water St.

Here's some pics of my place.

My wife visited NYC back in March. She went with her sister and a few other girls. There's a girl from our hometown that lives up there that they stayed with, she married a New Yorker. Her office is on 42nd Street. I can't remember who she works for, I'll have to ask my wife.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:52:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Nice pictures!
We took the family to Manhattan two years ago, and despite my determination not to enjoy it we will  go again.

As for you ass-clowns insisting on derideing the Police Officers in the photo: Unless you HAVE served in the Military or Law Enforcement where it's required to wear lots of hot, heavy gear in sweltering heat, you have no buisness commenting on the condition of these two Officers, and IF you had served you wouldn't comment because you would know better.

If you want to see well dressed men in uniform, go to Arlington National Cemetary where the "Old Guard" stands watch....think about wearing a three piece suit inside a sauna for four hours.  God Bless 'em because they stand guard in ceremonial fashion no matter what the conditions are.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:59:53 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Pretty high speed M4s for what look to be regular fat bodied beat cops!  But good for them!

They aren't beat cops. It's also the most boring worst detail you can be assigned to. Watching paint dry is more exciting.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:12:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top