Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2005 12:04:47 PM EDT
I never really though about being a sapper until i met a few and they all seemed to love it.  Anyone here been or is a Sapper? how did you like it, what kind of mission did you have in Iraq/Afganistan?

Dont get me wrong i love Infantry but seems like Infantry with more explosives and building which i really really love

ETA: oh and how was Sapper School?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
another bump
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:30:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Hows it going 1911greg?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hows it going 1911greg?

oh its going i guess
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Here in the Stan now with a Light Engineer unit.

Ask awy with your questions. We do everything from missions with the Infantry to mine clearance to cache destruction to route clearance (ride down the road hunting for IEDs) an road bulding.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I never really though about being a sapper until i met a few and they all seemed to love it.  Anyone here been or is a Sapper? how did you like it, what kind of mission did you have in Iraq/Afganistan?

Dont get me wrong i love Infantry but seems like Infantry with more explosives and building which i really really love

Do you enjoy the sensation known as "The Pucker Factor?"
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

meaning being scared shitless and puckering up?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

meaning being scared shitless and puckering up?

Yep.  I freely admit that those guys have much larger cajones than I do.  While sometimes they clear mine fields using those gadgets that shoot out a line of det cord, I bet there are still times they have to crawl on their bellies and get up close and personal and disable them by hand.  Could you crawl up to an IED to disable it, knowing that some fellow you don't see may have his finger on the button ready to set it off?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top