Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2001 6:23:35 PM EDT
I was at the UN Protest today. It was ok. We had about 300 people there. Music was good, speakers were great. We had one lady from Romania speak, a Rabbi, among others. It was a peaceful protest, except for one incident. One guy wanted to burn the UN flag, but the cops wouldn't let him. He had it all soaked in lighter fluid and ready to go, but they said he would go to jail if he burned it. The other thing I wish they would have done differently is to actually be in front of the UN, or at least march past it. We were off in some corner out of the way.[:(] When I get the pictures back, I'll post them.

Link Posted: 7/14/2001 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF? Get thrown in jail for burning the UN Flag? Did he offer to burn the U.S. Flag, bet they would have provided the lighter fluid.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#2]
and the match
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:WTF? Get thrown in jail for burning the UN Flag? Did he offer to burn the U.S. Flag, bet they would have provided the lighter fluid.
View Quote

Tell me about it. The cop said the American flag is "different".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top