Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2005 9:03:11 AM EDT
Recently I found myself needing a hose reel, went out and bought a plastic POS that broke in 3 weeks, I was leary from the get go that a plastic hose reel could handle 150 ft of industrial grade hose but it was the only one on the market at a local level that I could find. So this is what I purchased. At $100 dollars delivered it probably is not for everyone but I can probably pass it along if I die.It is made in American by Americans with American parts Now I have to shell out for some of the Good Year hose.

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I just leave mine on the ground
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#2]
holy batshit, robin!!! i don't think you'll find anything like that at lowe's of home depot either!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Rapid Reel for my Air hose

Nothing like Made in the USA
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Now you need a firehose for that monster
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Recently I found myself needing a hose reel, went out and bought a plastic POS that broke in 3 weeks, I was leary from the get go that a plastic hose reel could handle 150 ft of industrial grade hose but it was the only one on the market at a local level that I could find. So this is what I purchased. At $100 dollars delivered it probably is not for everyone but I can probably pass it along if I die.It is made in American by Americans with American parts Now I have to shell out for some of the Good Year hose.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/m-dc/Picture009.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/m-dc/Picture008.jpg

Amen.

Ben
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
holy batshit, robin!!! i don't think you'll find anything like that at lowe's of home depot either!

Nope, I checked there as well, seems as though they all carry the same junk. Hong Kong junkyard was the same, I mean Harbor Freight Tools.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one of those Sportys heavy duty obscenely expensive mail boxes that I'll be passing on. Last time they did box ball mine was the only one standing
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I just buy my garden hoses from Walmart. They carry a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#9]
If I paid that much, I would go ahead and get a cover for it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

To be honest a lifetime warrenty does not mean jack to me if I have to return it evey couple of weeks. Do it right the first time, no rergrets.
ETA: Who made it? What are the dimensions? What is it constructed from? The reason I ask is asking is  in MN. hoses tend to take a beating from the weather, biggest problem is "kinks" once they are there you are screwed, the only fix that I know is to cut and splice.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To be honest a lifetime warrenty does not mean jack to me if I have to return it evey couple of weeks. Do it right the first time, no rergrets.

Aint that the truth...
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#12]
That hose reel is beautiful.........
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#13]
This is the next logical step in a consumer based society when production, quantity and quality are determined by the big box stores and not the consumer.  Get ready; it's only going to get worse.  But, but, but....there will be an opportunity for a higher priced quality mechandiser once Americans get good and sick of Wal-Mart/Home Depot "quality".  Opportunity will knock!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Good buy! I just bought a US made belt sander. Paid more, but now proud to own. The Craftsman line is now made in China!

I will not set foot in China-Mart. I invision signs above the isles: Subsidse the Chineese Navy on isle 1, the infantry on isle 2. Stratagic nuclear arms on isle 3 etc...
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Now you need a firehose for that monster

I know there goes another $100
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I have one simuler to that in the basement with enough hose to reach every room in the house, pump is wired direct as much as can be so if I have a fire it'll at least help. My reel is about 25 years old and still not that beefy. Ya get whatcha pay for usually.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Untill your HOA makes to take the thing down becuase its not fiting in with the Neiborhood decor
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Untill your HOA makes to take the thing down becuase its not fiting in with the Neiborhood decor

I will nevewr live where there is a HOA.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I have searched for nice hose reels. Walmart, Home Depot, and Lowes all carry the plastic shit with lifetime warranty.

Recently I discovered the same reel you have at Northern.  They make several variations and they quick-detach from the wall on some models.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:38:04 AM EDT
[#21]
tag
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:11:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will nevewr live where there is a HOA.

+1,000,000

HOAs suck donkey dick.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:12:45 AM EDT
[#23]
How did you find that reel?  McMaster-Carr catalog?  MSC?  Grainger?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:18:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Man that is a serious hose reel. I like it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:16:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I think I am feeling hose envy - ok reel envy - got two that are cpc on my house.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:19:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Whoops, wrong thread...
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:23:32 AM EDT
[#27]
If my bushes and grass can't cut it without my help, TS. The squirrels don't require my aid either. That's why God invented bushes- hides hoses reel well.

That is a hell of a reel. I used to have a 30" wide rake bought years ago. When about a third of the tines broke I decided to get a new one and tossed the old rake FIRST. Wrong. I can't find a decent rake locally- ACE, TRU VALU, box stores, all carry essentially the same POS. My old one would have done a better job.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:32:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Get the black rubber hose from Sears.  Lifetime warranty.  You will get at least 15 years out of it, I am still trying to destroy mine.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
How did you find that reel?  McMaster-Carr catalog?  MSC?  Grainger?

Just did a search for "hose reel" found some joint called My Hose Reel . com. There were a number of places that had the same item, theres was just on sale at the time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#30]
I HATE buying chinese made crap from wally world.  I'm done with that s***.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#31]
People wonder why all my tools are old and plain looking.  I have told them they are old because they never need to be replaced.  They are plain looking because quality never needs to be dressed up with fancy colours and doo-dads.

Sadly it's getting tougher to find solid made US tools anywhere because people would rather spend 2x the cost in gas (@ $2.50 a gallon) running back and forth replacing crap from China than pay to get quality in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
People wonder why all my tools are old and plain looking.  I have told them they are old because they never need to be replaced.  They are plain looking because quality never needs to be dressed up with fancy colours and doo-dads.

Sadly it's getting tougher to find solid made US tools anywhere because people would rather spend 2x the cost in gas (@ $2.50 a gallon) running back and forth replacing crap from China than pay to get quality in the first place.

+ a big 1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top