Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Very interesting man

+1, he's had a very interesting life
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#7]
AGNTSA!

Great column, but this is what, five times it's made the rounds?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Very good.  Thank you for the posting.  Ben nailed it.

For those of you lucky enough to have read this seveal times, you have my envy.  It is certainly worth another read.  It is the first time for me.

Plus...it gives you all chances to bump your cheesy post counts up!

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#10]
"Beuller...............Beuller.................."   I love that guy  Very smart indeed
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Bravo
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#12]
huh, never saw this.

ben stein, you're a comedian and a good one; lighten up!
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
huh, never saw this.

ben stein, you're a comedian and a good one; lighten up!

Ben Stein is much, much more than a comedian.
Google him and find out.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Good stuff, thanks for the post/repost, whatever. I hadn't seen it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#15]
That was cool.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#16]
A little bio of Ben

Right here is everything you'd ever want to know about Ben, excluding his shoe size and length of his left arm.  Now read until your eyes start getting all foggy and stuff.

Ben Stein (Benjamin J. Stein) was born November 25, 1944 in Washington, D.C., (He is the son of the economist and writer Herbert Stein) grew up in Silver Spring, Maryland, and attended Montgomery Blair High School. He graduated from Columbia University in 1966 with honors in economics. He graduated from Yale Law School in 1970 as valedictorian of his class by election of his classmates. He helped to found the Journal of Law and Social Policy while at Yale. He has worked as a poverty lawyer in New Haven and Washington, D.C., a trial lawyer in the field of trade regulation at the Federal Trade Commission in Washington, D.C., a university adjunct at American University in Washington, D.C., at the University of California at Santa Cruz, and at Pepperdine University in Malibu, CA. At American U. He taught about the political and social content of mass culture. He taught the same subject at UCSC, as well as about political and civil rights under the Constitution. At Pepperdine, he has taught about libel law and about securities law and ethical issues since 1986.

In 1973 and 1974, he was a speech writer and lawyer for Richard Nixon at The White House and then for Gerald Ford. (He did NOT write the line, "I am not a crook.") He has been a columnist and editorial writer for The Wall Street Journal, a syndicated columnist for The Los Angeles Herald Examiner (R.I.P.) and King Features Syndicate, and a frequent contributor to Barrons, where his articles about the ethics of management buyouts and issues of fraud in the Milken Drexel junk bond scheme drew major national attention. He has been a regular columnist for Los Angeles Magazine, New York Magazine, E! Online, and most of all, has written a lengthy diary for ten years for The American Spectator. He also writes frequently for The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, op. ed. and almost every other imaginable magazine.

He has written and published sixteen books, seven novels, largely about life in Los Angeles, and nine nonfiction books, about finance and about ethical and social issue in finance, and also about the political and social content of mass culture. He has done pioneering work in uncovering the concealed messages of TV and in explaining how TV and movies get made. His titles include A License to Steal, Michael Milken and the Conspiracy to Bilk the Nation, The View From Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood Days, Hollywood Nights, DREEMZ, Financial Passages, and Ludes. His most recent book is the best selling humor self help book, How To Ruin Your Life. He has also been a longtime screenwriter, writing, among many other scripts (most of which were unmade ) the first draft of The Boost, a movie based on Ludes, and the outlines of the lengthy miniseries Amerika, and the acclaimed Murder in Mississippi. He was one of the creators of the well regarded comedy, Fernwood Tonight.

He is also an extremely well known actor in movies, TV, and commercials. His part of the boring teacher in Ferris Bueller's Day Off was recently ranked as one of the fifty most famous scenes in American film. Starting in July of 1997, he has been the host of the Comedy Central quiz show, "Win Ben Stein's Money." The show has won seven Emmies. He appears regularly on the Fox News Channel talking about finance. He is currently a celebrity judge on the CBS hit, Star Search.

He is also at presently at work on a detective show for CBS. He lives with his wife, Alexandra Denman ( former lawyer,) his son, Tommy, four cats and two large dogs in Beverly Hills.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:52:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:59:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
bump because its good stuff, and always applicable...

Good bump. I had never read this before. Sounds like one of the good guy's.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:36:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:34:31 AM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#21]
thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#22]

This was the only point at which my life touched the lives of the soldiers in Iraq or the firefighters in New York. I came to realize that life lived to help others is the only one that matters and that it is my duty, in return for the lavish life God has devolved upon me, to help others He has placed in my path. This is my highest and best use as a human.

Wow....  That's a pretty powerful statement there.  I'm glad it made the rounds again.  Well worth reading.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top