Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2001 6:01:34 PM EDT
I just bought a kel tec P32 to carry around in the summer. My H&K USP compact is too damn hard to conceal in the summer ,with most dress being shorts and a t shirt. It is very easy to conceal but it looks kinda cheap. The guy at the gun shop says he has never had 1 come back so hopefully it will be cool. He recomended winchester silver tips for it. Any other ammo recomendations? Anyone had major problems with one?
Link Posted: 2/17/2001 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine carries one off duty, and he likes it so much, he's offered to buy ME one! He's never had a problem with his, usuing any kind of ammo.
Link Posted: 2/17/2001 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/17/2001 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
In the old forums I had many posts researching pocket guns before ultimately buying, and later posting many raves about, the Kel-Tec P32.  I'm now buying my Dad one.  No one should be without the Kel-Tec P32.  I was shocked by what an incredible little gun this is.

No experience with the bigger KT's, though.  Try [www.ktog.org].
Link Posted: 2/17/2001 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
$250? Damn i paid wayyyy too much then. I sw them at a recent gun show for 275 and I ended up buying this one for 330. The guy said he cant keep em on the shelves, thats why the price is so high.
Link Posted: 2/17/2001 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
ohh and BTW how do you carry it? I bought the little clip for it. Do you keep one in the chamber? I am a little wary of carrying it like this with no manual safety and all. I have been carrying it with nothing in the chamber.
Link Posted: 2/17/2001 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my wife the clip (bought her a Glock 26 and a KelTec P32 for her birthday).  She likes this mode of carry and feels most comfortable with the chamber empty.  For a truly practiced individual, one might not be afraid to carry chambered as the trigger pull is very long and relative stiff (7-10 lbs - idunno - "stiff").  On the other hand if you ever had to use it in a social situation, you wouldn't want to accidentally grab the trigger with your thumb if you "dug too deep" for it.  On the other other hand - no chance of forgetting to rack the slide if one is chambered.  To each their own.  Whatever you do, make sure you rack the slide briskly - fully - do not baby it.  I have experienced, seen, and heard of hp rounds not chambering when the slide was eased forward the least little bit.  Have fun and be safe.

Tate
Link Posted: 2/17/2001 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/17/2001 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/17/2001 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had my P-32 for about 10 months. When I first got it I had a problem with the trigger bar; wouldn't go bang every time. Sent it back to Kel-tec and it works great now. Had them hard chrome the slide while it was there (only $20). I carry it with me every where now! I bought the deluxe front pocket holster from R.J. Hedley. Can't say enough things about this holster. Has a small lip that catchs on your pocket as you draw. Covers the trigger so you can feel comfortable carrying one in the tube. When clothes/weather allow, I carry a glock as primary. But the Kel-tec is so small and light you have to reind yourself that it's in your pocket. I shoot in a defensive pistol league and have survived all 4 stages several times with this little gun. All the 1911 guys say "it's only a 32". These are the same guys who don't carry beause it's too much of a bother. Check out ktog.org
Link Posted: 2/17/2001 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought one and had to send it back to the factory because it wouldn't go off.  But it came back in less than a week and since then it's worked fine.

I just drop it in my pocket and clean the lint out of it every couple of weeks.  It literally can go everywhere and while not a top choice for defense, at least it's a lot better than a sharpened stick.
Link Posted: 2/17/2001 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I just picked up my new P32 a few days ago (mail ordered from from Dixie Ammo Dump).  Was $235 + $14 shipping + $20 FFL xfer.  Considering I skipped out on tax, worked out to be a good deal.

Anyhoo, mine had 3 problems:
* Many light primer strikes.
* Lots of trigger failures to reset.
* A few failure to extracts.

Regardless of this, I decided to go ahead and carry it anyways since everyone else on the planet was able to get a perfect one.  I figured mine just needs to be loved, that's all.

Just kidding of course, it'll be heading back to the factory Monday.  I take comfort in knowing that practically everyone that sent theirs back DID get a perfect one after that.

LL
Link Posted: 2/17/2001 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I got my Mom a P-32 for Christmas. She hasn't fired it yet, but she loves it. I felt it was a great little gun for the price, and feel more comfortable knowing my Mother is protected with a .32 rather than her little .25.
And her 20gauge of course.[:)]
Link Posted: 2/18/2001 6:03:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I need to find a better shop around here. The one I bought my gun at obviusly has their prices so f**kin sky high its not funny. I never buy ammo there any more, they wanted $30 for a 50rd box of winchester .32 silvetips for the gun. Oh well you live and learn...now I know fo next time.
Link Posted: 2/18/2001 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, I only have 3.  2 P32's and a P11.  I had to get the second P32 when my wife discovered how wonderfully light and thin they are (iow, she stole mine!)  Based on my recommendation, my dad and brother also got one.  They are the perfect always-carry gun for a great price.

I use Hydra-Shok's or Cor Bon's in mine.
Link Posted: 2/18/2001 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Ive had a P11 for about 6 months or so now and I really like it. I ordered the parkerized finish and it cost me about $275. I carry it holstered with a round in the tube and feel very safe doing it. I think they are great little guns for the price.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top