Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2005 9:50:19 PM EDT
just curious.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#1]
No but I did see the Range Report.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm playing now in case anyone wants to learn or join in.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:10:29 PM EDT
[#3]
What game are you playing?
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I played about a year ago and I can tell you first hand.  The free side is much weaker than the paying side.  The guys and gals that are playing for money can really play.  I lost $200 like nothing but playing free I has $1m+ won playing.  

Im no shark but I have played for some time.  

And yes I stayed in a holliday inn express last night!
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 1:42:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What game are you playing?

I play no limits games or tournaments.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 3:30:05 AM EDT
[#6]
No, since everyone has like 100k+ and they go allin like everyhand.

I play Pokerroom and the Sit and Go tourney's and sometimes the FreeRoll tourneys where you can win cash into your account.

The Sit and Go's are a lot of fun once you get past the initial first allin hand where 3 people go allin with an A8, 76 and a K10.....

Texas Hold'em Poker, no limit.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:10:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No, since everyone has like 100k+ and they go allin like everyhand.
I play Pokerroom and the Sit and Go tourney's and sometimes the FreeRoll tourneys where you can win cash into your account.
The Sit and Go's are a lot of fun once you get past the initial first allin hand where 3 people go allin with an A8, 76 and a K10.....
Texas Hold'em Poker, no limit.

I've been playing on Party Poker for over a year and only on the FREE/PLAY MONEY tables do people go all in on every hand.  That's why I ONLY play for real money.

In the 'Real Money' tables on Party Poker, they have tables with buy in limits from $25, $50, $100, and so on... up to around $2000.  But, you can buy in at a $25 table with as little as $6 if you'd like.  If you sit at a $25 NL table, NOBODY  can buy in for more than $25.  Plus, the blinds are only .15 and .25 cents.

Also, Party Poker is always offering some type of FREE MONEY bonus for a variety of different things.  You get free money, for example, whenever you refer a new player.  And then every once in a while, they give you something like "FREE 20% BONUS ADDED TO YOUR NEXT DEPOSIT" etc...

Party Poker also has 'Sit & Go' tables for $5, $10, $20, $30, $50, $100, and $200 in single table or multiple tables.

They also have these mega-tournaments with buy in's for as little as $1 and as much as $100.  For example in a $20 mega-tournament, there may be 1700 players, and the top 200 players win money.  1st Prize would be around $7000.  Certainly that would be tough to win, but I once came in 11th place and one $250.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
just curious.

playin now  i'm in a multi now

username laika
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
just curious.

username laika

Username Search is not available for Multi-table tournaments.  I just tried.  My username is the same as this one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
just curious.

username laika

Username Search is not available for Multi-table tournaments.  I just tried.  My username is the same as this one.

I think we've played together in 5$ sitngos

I'll be on the look out for you after this tourney

right now I'm on table 404906 its a 10+1 NHL game
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
just curious.

username laika

Got it.  I see you.  You're doing well.

Would you like to know your win stats?  I just checked em out and you're pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I prefer poker stars. I play tourneys, and the freeroll  tournerys.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
just curious.

username laika

Would you like to know your win stats?  I just checked em out and you're pretty damn good.

thanks for the compliment.  I do ok.  Just busted out in 6th in themulti.

hope to see you in the sit n goes.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
just curious.

username laika

What do you use to check people's stats?
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Poker Prophecy
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#16]
How do you put money in your Party Poker account? I used my credit card to add funds to Paradise Poker, but it doen't seem to work for Party Poker.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
How do you put money in your Party Poker account? I used my credit card to add funds to Paradise Poker, but it doen't seem to work for Party Poker.

Its getting more difficult to use credit cards directly with most poker sites. You need to use a third party   like netteller or have a friend deposit money into your partypoker account (easiest way  except you don't get the  1st time deposit bonus).

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It's just slightly more complicated with Party Poker b/c most major U.S. credit card companies will not allow charges to e-gaming websites.

With Party Poker, you need to do the following steps:

1)Go to Cashier
2)Click DEPOSIT
3)Enter amount ($50 min) under GLOBAL CONNECT PHONE CARD (4th option down)
4)Click ADD FUNDS
5)Click where it says "CLICK HERE to buy a Phone Connect Card"
6)Select credit card type (Visa/Mc/Amex/Disc)
7)Select a phone card value by clicking BUY next to it (50/100/200/250/500)
8)Fill out customer billing information then continue to next page
9)Enter credit card information and continue to next page
10)The last page will give you 2 number (DNIS/PIN).  Once you click continue, these numbers will be propagated into their correct field, enter the dollar amount you purchased, and the money will appear in your account instantly.

This may seem like a tedious process, but once you've done it once, it only takes about 1 minute to do all this.  The reason you have to jump through so many hoops is because as credit card companies become more aware of all the online gambling, they begin to decline charges to these websites.  This way of doing it, you're buyin a phone card with your credit card, and then transfering the value of the phone card to your Party Poker account.  The only thing that sucks is the ~$3 surcharge per $50 of phone cards that you buy.  I just look at it as a overpriced ATM charge.

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's just slightly more complicated with Party Poker b/c most major U.S. credit card companies will not allow charges to e-gaming websites.

With Party Poker, you need to do the following steps:

1)Go to Cashier
2)Click DEPOSIT
3)Enter amount ($50 min) under GLOBAL CONNECT PHONE CARD (4th option down)
4)Click ADD FUNDS
5)Click where it says "CLICK HERE to buy a Phone Connect Card"
6)Select credit card type (Visa/Mc/Amex/Disc)
7)Select a phone card value by clicking BUY next to it (50/100/200/250/500)
8)Fill out customer billing information then continue to next page
9)Enter credit card information and continue to next page
10)The last page will give you 2 number (DNIS/PIN).  Once you click continue, these numbers will be propagated into their correct field, enter the dollar amount you purchased, and the money will appear in your account instantly.

This may seem like a tedious process, but once you've done it once, it only takes about 1 minute to do all this.  The reason you have to jump through so many hoops is because as credit card companies become more aware of all the online gambling, they begin to decline charges to these websites.  This way of doing it, you're buyin a phone card with your credit card, and then transfering the value of the phone card to your Party Poker account.  The only thing that sucks is the ~$3 surcharge per $50 of phone cards that you buy.  I just look at it as a overpriced ATM charge.

Credit cards used to get declined for the same reason on Paradise Poker. Then one day they just started working. Kinda weird. I made a minimum deposit into my Paradise account just now, to confirm that.

After my attempted deposits to Party Poker got declined by my credit cards, I got a call at home from a Party Poker rep who took me through the process of addinf funds using the phone card deal. Sucks that it costs 6%, but at least I had a 30% bouns code.

See ya at the tables!
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Poker Prophecy

be careful using poker prophecy while playin PP becuase they sent me warnings that i was violating their rules. now i just use the website to look people up.  i hear that if you have a decent firewall setup you can use poker prophecy while playing on partypoker.

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
be careful using poker prophecy while playin PP becuase they sent me warnings that i was violating their rules. now i just use the website to look people up.  i hear that if you have a decent firewall setup you can use poker prophecy while playing on partypoker.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I've been using it for only about a month or so and haven't gotten any warnings from PP.  Maybe it's my firewall settings, I don't know.  I find that it doesn't really matter that much anyway.  I see plenty of Pros getting knocked out early, and Fishers winning all the time.  I played and lost many tournaments before I finally got the hang of it.  So my rating is average now even though lately I win about 1/2 - 2/3 of the games that I play.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Last night I played a $50 tournament with about 600 people.  Finished in 23rd place and won something like $225 or so.  Unfortunately, it took me well over 4 hours to accomplish that... although it was fun and nerveracking at the same time.  Not satisfied with that, I immediately played a $30 single table sit & go and came in second for a prize of $90.  Whoopee!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#23]
yep: Bigscrun
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#24]
OK. I have a Party Poker account with some cash in it. Screenname is Catch022. Lets get an AR15.com table going.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#25]
anyone still interested in this?

IM me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top