Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2001 1:17:19 AM EDT
UNITED NATIONS?

Has the NRA planned any protests at the U.N., or?

I know that the TYRANNY RESPOSE TEAM is already protesting there!

Any of you know????
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 2:07:06 AM EDT
[#1]
A quote from the latest FAX alert:

"NRA, which is working as a non-governmental organization (NGO) with the U.N., will work
to ensure that the concerns of all law-abiding gun owners will be well represented during the rest of this conference, which runs through July
20."

I would assume you have to have a seat at the UN if you want to watch the debate and have an opportunity to call BS on any proposals that might infringe on the US Constitution.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]
would you rather they didn't and  our side never got to tell our story?  it's not like the NRA is rolling over just to get its belly rubbed, dammit.  hasn't anybody ever heard of "know thine enemy"?  the best way to fight them is to be in the thick of them so you can always know what's going on.  how much harder would it be to fight their crap if we were "surprised" by every move they made.  just because they sit with them doesn't mean they like the UN.  it's called strategy.

if you don't like it, what would you rather them do?  not a flame, just a question out of curiosity.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#3]
It is probably marginally better for the "NRA" to attend.
However, the NRA and other groups will only be
able to attend the "open sessions" where the
bullshit will flow.
The NRA and other groups will not be able to
attend the closed sessions where the real throat-cutting will take place.

Hopefully I can be considered for membership in
the "Tyranny Response Team."
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The NRA has secured access to the meetings at the U.N.goncerning global disarmament.  They are 100% against it because they know that it is yet another attempt by the liberals to disarm us.  This has been covered in detail in "America's First Freedom" (their magazine) for months now.

I Pray that each one of us joins and is active in this fight.  The NRA may not be militant enough for some of you, but it is the biggest advocate of freedom in this country (4 Million strong), and our best hope. If WE don't support them, how can you expect the duck hunters to?
(877) 672-2000  $35.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top