Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2005 6:38:28 AM EDT
It’s getting decent reviews – while at the same time being criticized for its violence and nudity.

I’m just glad to see Sid Haig working again.

Sheri Moon!

"We like to get fucked up and do fucked up shit!"
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks incredibly stupid, IMO
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
No, I don't need to see a bunch of Darwin candidates murdering people indiscriminately.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:51:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Written by Rob Zombie?

Don't see it this weekend, it will be out on DVD by next weekend.........
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Could be good.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Wife already bought tix for tomorrow night.

Rob Zombie is so un-PC.  Gotta love him.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:59:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

/\
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:59:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Written by Rob Zombie?

Written and directed by Rob Zombie - like it or not, the guy's an authority when it comes to the '70s horror genre.  This movie was shot in Super-16 to boot!
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 7:07:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#10]
You guys just make me want to see it even more.  Well, you guys and this panty-waist liberal:

www.villagevoice.com/film/0529,tracking2,65995,20.html

If in retrospect musician Rob Zombie's 2003 directorial debut, House of 1,000 Corpses, reads like a yee-hawing harbinger of last fall's red-state triumph, then its sequel, The Devil's Rejects, is the smug Republican victory lap. In Corpses, a competent if unoriginal slasher movie, hipster travel guide researchers get lured into a lethal roadside attraction run by a family of psychopaths whose members are each named after a different Groucho Marx character. Here, the Firefly clan—led by Sid Haig's Captain Spaulding—kill more wantonly, as they flee arrest for murders committed in the original film. Whereas Corpses was not without a sense of humor, Rejects is not without Confederate histrionics, including its indefatigable taste for Southern-rock standards played over slow-motion shotgun carnage. When the highway finale at last arrives, one still has to endure nearly every bar of "Free Bird." By rubbing your nose in this hillbilly mayhem, Zombie all but dares you to acknowledge your liberal elitism, simply because just now, in Dubya's America, you don't happen to find anything particularly funny or lovable about stupid, dangerous provincials.

...and one more thing - this movie has Danny Trejo in it:

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll be seeing it at 5:20 today!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#12]
The movie sucks balls!  You have been warned.

I saw it two months ago at an advanced screening.  I am a huge horror movie fan and I am not easily offended.  This movie was simply terrible.  Rob Zombie should be banned from making movies.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Rob Zombies wife in chaps with her ass showing was nice.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll wait and download the bootleg
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#15]
First movie was stupid, one of the worst I can recall seeing.

I won't be seeing the second.  

It's like the old saying "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice and shame on me."
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#16]
I like his music(best was Astro Creep) but his movies are terrible! House of 1000 corps was so bad I think a 3 year old could have done better. It was so lame I did not even finish it. As a horror fan I'm greatly dissapointed!

The only good thing was "House" had Walter Googins in it, he plays Shane in "The Shield" He was killed right away and all other actors sucked balls!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Walter Googins

The scene where Cleatus VanDamme has got the 1911 pointed at his head and there's an agonizingly long crane shot taken before he gets capped was fucking brilliant.

Perhaps you guys need to wait for "Stealth" or "Must Love Dogs" to come out?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I want to see it but my wife hates horror. Oh well, I'll wait for the DVD.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#19]
His first movie scared the crap out of me, it this one is anything like it I'll wait and see it at home, where I can have the shotgun handy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#20]
I will check it out, 1000 corspes was like a new Chainsaw massacre. Straight up killing with a little comedy and a good soundtrack gotta be better than the Avaitor.l.o.l.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#21]
I watched "House of 1000 Corpses"

What a piece of crap!

I'll pass.

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Written by Rob Zombie?
Don't see it this weekend, it will be out on DVD by next weekend.........

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#23]
since I'm a big fan of his music I feel compelled to support his films

unfortunately I think he's got one last album in him and then that's it
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I went to see house of 1000 corpses when it came out, thinking it was just a scary horror/suspense thriller like the ring or something.

I had some church friends with me at the time and 5 minutes into the movie we all stood up and left.

It was that VILE.  It was like an open sewer for the ears.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Walter Googins

The scene where Cleatus VanDamme has got the 1911 pointed at his head and there's an agonizingly long crane shot taken before he gets capped was fucking brilliant.

I think I'll stay home and do a DVD double feature...."HEAT" and "Fight Club"

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I saw a preview on Wednesday. I liked House of 1000 Corpses alot, so I was eager to see the sequel.

What I liked about House was the music (both by Rob Zombie as well as vaguely from the time period). House looked like Zombie had spent alot of time fine tuning the sound effects, the short cuts of film between scenes, and I kind of liked how much he used lens filters.

Devils Rejects lacked alot of that. It lacked any music by Zombie (that I could tell), and I think that in the first movie it really helped to kind of speed up the pace of the flick. This one was really trying to pound into your head that it was the late 70's and skipped what gave the first one character.

I can't consider this a straight out horror/slasher movie like the first one was. They spent the movie running from the cops with a few stops along the way.

Now for a big problem -- Doctor Satan. House had him mentioned sporatically throughout the movie and we got to see him and his army at the end. Devils Rejects doesn't mention him once. Same with Grandpa. Both just dissapear.

It was still enjoyable maybe because I really wanted to like it, but it also seemed like it was rushed to be made. It missed alot of detail that House had. The character's all seemed to be missing something (except Captain Spaulding, can't hate him), but I couldn't put my finger on it all the time. Baby's cackle was almost outright silenced. Maybe it'll be better on a 2nd viewing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Walter Googins

If I had to choose between watching "The Devils Rejects" and "Must Love Dogs" I would choose Must Love Dogs.  Yes, House of 1000 Corpses was that bad.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Have no intrest in seeing this movie.  I generally avoid putting this tripe into me.  I avoid eating food that is bad for me and I avoid watching movies that are bad for my brain.

Seen half of Silence of the Lambs, won't watch Red Dragon & Hannibal.

Wish I'd never watched 8mm, Natural Born Killers and Seven.

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I she gonna be nude? Sheri Moon?

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Have no intrest in seeing this movie.  I generally avoid putting this tripe into me.  I avoid eating food that is bad for me and I avoid watching movies that are bad for my brain.

What was wrong with SE7EN???  That was truly an enjoyable movie.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#31]
going to see it tonight.  The first movie was unreal!
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Force feeding a man to death to get his stomach to distent, disfigure a womans face and get her to decide between pills and a telephone,  handcuff a drug addict to a bed and force him to live on drugs alone for month, murder a new mother and mail her head to her husband?

There is nothing wrong with this?

EDIT: I will grant you that in Seven Kevin Spacey's character was not glamorized.  He was a nutjobber who had to be put down for the good of mankind.  Devil's Rejects, from the reviews I've read/heard, sympathizes with the killers then glamorizes them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Force feeding a man to death to get his stomach to distent, disfigure a womans face and get her to decide between pills and a telephone,  handcuff a drug addict to a bed and force him to live on drugs alone for month, murder a new mother and mail her head to her husband?

There is nothing wrong with this?

Oh, it was disturbing, I'll grant you that.  However it appears to be about 10^99 times better than any movie released this year.  It was original, had a great plot and it was VERY suspenseful and gripping.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Not my kind of movie.  Won't be seeing it at all.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Cant wait to go see this. House of 1000 Corpses rocked.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I will check it out, 1000 corspes was like a new Chainsaw massacre. Straight up killing with a little comedy and a good soundtrack gotta be better than the Avaitor.l.o.l.

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 12:01:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Unless Fonda, McCarthy, Hitlery, Moore, Rosie, et al, are part of the body count – with Moore counting as two bodies – I’ll be skipping it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 12:06:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Going to check it out on my next off day with the GF. House was one of those movies that I didn't like that much, but for some reason I enjoyed it due to its uniqueness of the characters.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 12:35:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#42]
... Just got back from seeing it and I actually liked it. Was in somewhat the same vein as Natural Born Killers. In a word, it was "different".

... I'll wait for desertmoon's critique, he's really good at in-depth movie reviews.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top