Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2005 4:40:20 AM EDT
last saturday got into carwreck and broke right arm, compound fracture bone was protuding through forearm.  broke right ankle ,right femor- got rod going through knee to hip and right pelvis fracture. went to surgery sameday made it home today with goooooood meds. have you ever broke the samething/s ,how long did it take you heal?
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 4:51:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I fell on the ice once and busted my ass big time.  Everyone laughed at me.  To this day I still have a big crack in my butt.  I knew it was serious when I saw that it had a hole at the bottom of the crack.  

Seriously,  I fell from a tree once and shattered all 7 bones in my left wrist.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I fell on the ice once and busted my ass big time.  Everyone laughed at me.  To this day I still have a big crack in my butt.  I knew it was serious when I saw that it had a hole at the bottom of the crack.  

Seriously,  I fell from a tree once and shattered all 7 bones in my left wrist.

Odd, I did the same thing.....broke the same bones in the same wrist.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
just in second week of recovery and going nuts, wont be able to stand for next three months, walk four after that
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never broken any bones in my entire life.

Of my own, anyway. I've been witness to a friend of mine who has broken most of the bones in his left arm and one in his right arm numerous times.

Once he broke his wrist while his arm was in a cast for breaking just below the elbow. He was riding a bike while holding a cd player in his good hand and steering with the broken one. Brilliant!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
last saturday got into carwreck and broke right arm, compound fracture bone was protuding through forearm.  broke right ankle ,right femor- got rod going through knee to hip and right pelvis fracture. went to surgery sameday made it home today with goooooood meds. have you ever broke the samething/s ,how long did it take you heal?

Damn, sorry to hear that.

In all seriousness, keep your head up and try to rest AMAP. How old are you?

HS1
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#6]
28yr old. feel like i am going crazy in here. all i do isstay in bed. i have a hospitol bed at home, doc's worried about hip and says no moving it. wife took it to heart. i am an out doors guy and this seems like it's taking forever. i try not to get depressed, wife buys fishing andgun mags
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope you feel better soon.  I have never been through anything like you have and hope to be spared that in the future.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I broke my leg 7 1/2 weeks ago, and I started walking last weekend.  

It gets easier every day.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey man keep your chin up! You sounds like a tough guy and you've got lots of support. Modern medicine is nothing short of miraculous. 2 years ago I was hit by a drunk driver in an F350 and run over. (not hit and bounced off, I was literally driven over. whump whump). I broke both ankles, both tibias and fibulas and a femur. Compound fractures on ankles and legs. broke my eblow and my hand and cracked my jaw.
The doctors told me it would take 6 months to walk again because breaks and nerve damage. But with titanium rods and screws, I kid you not, I was walking in 5 weeks. Honest truth. Granted not very far, and most of it was in teh swimming pool, but i could get to the bathroom and the kitchen. (the wheelchair wouldn't fit in the hallway and it hurt my hand and elbow anyways).
Just do everything your physical therapist tells you, and then do more. And then when it hurts so bad you want to pop pills and sleep for 20 hours, do it more.
Also, you might want to get off the heavy pills as soon as you can stand to. Not only are they dangerously addictive, but they will make you more constipated that you can possibly imagine! And going to the bathroom with a broken hip would not be fun!

Here's yours truly in the hospital. Check the blackness on the jaw. Ewwww!

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to hear your bad news. Spend 6 six weeks in a body cast 24 years ago. Took a few months after that to get up to speed. I still feel it. Looking at a hip replacement within a year due to that car wreck.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Good time to do some reading.

Nothing else to recommend. It royally sucks.

Ruptured L4/L5 disk, lost of occasional bedrest.
ACL reconstruction of my Left Knee, big vertical incision sewn up like a football.
Broken right leg and ankle, sugery with a big plate and 11 pins and screws.
THAT one was really a bitch - on crutches and bed rest for quite a while.

Crushed left hand when a coil-spring compressor failed and my hand got pinned under the suspension.
Ortho surgery on my right shoulder for a laceration in the joint.

All involved incapacitating down time, all happened within the last 11yrs.

Nothing you can really do except DON'T DWELL ON IT. Try to keep busy and/or sleep.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey man keep your chin up! You sounds like a tough guy and you've got lots of support. Modern medicine is nothing short of miraculous. 2 years ago I was hit by a drunk driver in an F350 and run over. (not hit and bounced off, I was literally driven over. whump whump). I broke both ankles, both tibias and fibulas and a femur. Compound fractures on ankles and legs. broke my eblow and my hand and cracked my jaw.
The doctors told me it would take 6 months to walk again because breaks and nerve damage. But with titanium rods and screws, I kid you not, I was walking in 5 weeks. Honest truth. Granted not very far, and most of it was in teh swimming pool, but i could get to the bathroom and the kitchen. (the wheelchair wouldn't fit in the hallway and it hurt my hand and elbow anyways).
Just do everything your physical therapist tells you, and then do more. And then when it hurts so bad you want to pop pills and sleep for 20 hours, do it more.
Also, you might want to get off the heavy pills as soon as you can stand to. Not only are they dangerously addictive, but they will make you more constipated that you can possibly imagine! And going to the bathroom with a broken hip would not be fun!

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/steve--oh/comatose.jpg

You look relaxed... that girl on the other hand looks like she is in pain. What is the story there?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You look relaxed... that girl on the other hand looks like she is in pain. What is the story there?

she was with me that night and jumped out of the way or something, hurt herself. She's a cool girl who likes ARs actually.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Ice and elevation are you friends!!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry to hear about your accident. Five years ago last month, my husband was hanging lights in his shop on a ladder. Ladder fell and the rungs were under his feet when he landed on the concrete. He shattered both of his feet and had to have them rebuilt with plates and screws. Docs said at least a year to walk if ever. Happened in July, he was back to work(light duty) by November. Mind over matter truely. He had us pick him up carpenter kneepads and he walked around on his knees. My dad brought over his 4 wheeler and Mike would go out the door, climb up, ride out to his shop and open the hood of a car and do what he could from there. One day I looked outside to see him on the roof of our fifth wheel trailer, casts and all. He, like you, couldn't stand to sit/lay still so he found a way. Good luck and you'll be better before you know it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
28yr old. feel like i am going crazy in here. all i do isstay in bed. i have a hospitol bed at home, doc's worried about hip and says no moving it. wife took it to heart. i am an out doors guy and this seems like it's taking forever. i try not to get depressed, wife buys fishing andgun mags

I completely understand that! I spent most of my time at the computer, with my leg up on the computer desk.

Books, Cel Phone, TV remote, newspaper, DVD's all helped kill time. AND if you have easy computer/internet access, you can probably get to 2000 posts before you're done

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I completely understand that! I spent most of my time at the computer, with my leg up on the computer desk.

Books, Cel Phone, TV remote, newspaper, DVD's all helped kill time. AND if you have easy computer/internet access, you can probably get to 2000 posts before you're done

Yeah but did you ever watch The Rock video I lent you a million years ago?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:51:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yeah but did you ever watch The Rock video I lent you a million years ago?

I WILL!

soon
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:23:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

i see your little heirum of womenz but where the hell are you?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i see your little heirum of womenz but where the hell are you?

No kidding!  No wonder he was up and running again!  My advice is be surounded by pretty girls like Citabria was.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:49:55 AM EDT
[#21]
My daughter had the same injury but to her leg. Took a good 3 months to heal right.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#22]
ks to all, i have orders that  I am approved for in iraq on aship. That is my motivation, cause these orders are the special kind.....! still I have been getting stronger everyday just glad to know others have over come the same or worse
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top