Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2001 4:04:45 PM EDT
Texas is(in my opinion) the most bad*ss place to live in the US. The Texans who frequent this board know what I mean. Gun laws in Texas and a few other states are some of the most leanient(I think thats how it is spelled). Where else can you hunt deer with your AR and a 30rd mag?
If it was possible I wish Texas could break off from the US and form The Republic of Texas. This is only my opinion for what is worth. [kill]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

If it was possible I wish Texas could break off from the US and form The Republic of Texas. This is only my opinion for what is worth. [kill]
View Quote

I like it.  And no Visa's from California would be accpeted unless they produced a handgun and signed a form claiming they will shoot it while they are here or risk extradtion to your slave country Mexico where they will make horse blankets and the tourist novleties you sell in your "Republic Of Texas" gift stores.  I could be the director of the Ministry of Plenty if you would be so inclined to offer me the position.  Ministry of Love would be my second choice.  

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#4]
GIBrat, you are wrong about not being able to hunt with 30rd magazines in Texas.  The only magazine restrictions for hunting in Texas are for migratory birds (ducks, geese, doves, etc.).  There is no magazine capacity limit in Texas for hunting deer for example.  Look it up in the hunting regs on TP&W website.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Texas is(in my opinion) the most bad*ss place to live in the US.
View Quote

You sure don't SOUND like a Texan [;)]

Where else can you hunt deer with your AR and a 30rd mag?
View Quote

Alaska!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#6]
okok This is the list of Badass States
1. Texas
2. Alaska
3. ?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
1. Texas
2. Alaska
3. ?
View Quote

3. California.

Oops, thought the list was "Candy-assed States."
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to move to Texas but I heard you guys would kick my ass[:D]

Like it or not, the new Texas "White House" will be in Crawford, Texas, and soon will be drawing a number of people to the State, including many who are not used to Texas ways. They might find the following advice useful.

1. Don't expect to find filet mignon or pasta primavera at the local restaurant. It's a café. They serve hamburgers and chicken fried steak. Let them cook something they know. If you confuse them, they'll kick your ass.

2. Don't laugh at the names, (Merleen, Bodie, Bubba, Bobby Ray, Curley, Tammy Lynn, Billy Joe, Sissy, Clovis, etc.), or we will HAVE to kick your ass.

3. Don't order a bottle of pop or a can of soda. In Texas it's called a coke. Nobody gives a damn if it's Pepsi, RC, Dr. Pepper, Big Red, 7-Up or whatever - it's still a coke. Accept it. Doing otherwise can lead to a good ass kicking.

4. We know our heritage. Most of us are more literate than you (read some J. Frank Dobie). We are also better educated and generally a lot nicer than you. Don't refer to us as a bunch of cowboy hicks, or we'll kick your ass.

5. We have plenty of business sense (e.g., Howard Hughes, H. Ross Perot, Southwest Airlines, Dell Computers). Naturally, sometimes we have small lapses of judgement (e.g., Phil Gramm). However, we are not dumb enough to let someone move to our State just so they can run for the US Senate. If anyone tried to do that, they would get a serious ass kicking.

6. Don't laugh at our Civil War monuments. If Lee had listened to Gen. Hood, you'd be paying taxes to Richmond instead of Washington. If you visit the Alamo, take your hat off and be properly humble, or we'll kick your ass.

7. We are fully aware of how hot it gets and how high the humidity is, so shut up about it. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, or we'll kick your ass.

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]
8. Do not attempt to eat tamales without first removing their cornhusk. Everyone will instantly know you are a Foreigner. DO NOT under any circumstances, complain that the chili is TOO hot or contains no kidney beans, this will get your ass kicked into next week.

9. Don't talk about how much better things are at home, because we know they are not. Many of us have visited hell-holes like Detroit, Chicago and Washington, DC, and we have the scars to prove it. Delta is ready when you are. Move your ass on home - before we kick it.

10. Yes, we know how to speak proper English. We talk this way because we don't want to sound like you. We don't care if you don't understand what we are saying. All other Texans' understand what we are saying and that's all that matters. Now, go away, or we'll kick your ass.

11. Don't complain that certain areas of this State "smell" of oil. If your livelihood depended on those wells you'd soon learn to love that aroma. Besides, none of OUR lakes or rivers have caught fire recently. If you whine about OUR scenic beauty, we'll kick your ass all the way back to Pittsburgh, PA.

12. Don't ridicule our Texas manners. We say sir and ma'am. We hold doors open for others. We offer our seats to old folks. Such things are expected of civilized people. Behave yourselves around us or we'll kick your ass.

13. Don't think we're quaint or losers because most of us live in small towns. We do this because we have enough sense not to live in crime-infested cesspools like Philadelphia. Make fun of our small towns and we'll kick your ass.

14. DO NOT DARE to tell us how to cook barbecue. This will get your ass shot (right after it is kicked). Criticize the barbecue, and you may go home in a pine box - minus your ass.

15. Remember, the only reason you are lucky enough to be here in the first place is because we have not pulled the Border Patrol off the Rio Grande and put them on the Red River (where they really belong) to keep your ass out.

16. Enjoy your visit.

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Add Oklahoma to the list of bad a$$ states neighbor!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Look it up in the hunting regs on TP&W website.
View Quote

Hey Bubba, (said in my best Texas accent) yes, you are correct. I hunted on a lease not long ago and got some pretty funny looks when I pulled out a 30. So to make them feel better, I pulled out a 20 instead. Didn't seem to matter.

There was a rather lengthy debate on the legality of the situation. I promptly got out the 'ol handbook and said for them to look it up themselves, I was going off to hunt.

DK [:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#13]
You can hunt in  the free state of NY with a 20 or 30. That is as long as you can only stuff 5 rounds in it or else the nice Encon Officer kicks your ass[:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#14]
yeah, oklahoma is a great state...if you take all the people out. [;)]

man i hate ou fans! rudest people in the south. even worse than t.u. fans.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted: we'll kick your ass
View Quote

That is too funny.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#16]
what is t.u??? u mean UT right?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Texas is(in my opinion) the most bad*ss place to live in the US. The Texans who frequent this board know what I mean. Gun laws in Texas and a few other states are some of the most leanient(I think thats how it is spelled). Where else can you hunt deer with your AR and a 30rd mag?
View Quote

I'm so sick of Texas. I would never move there because it seems like everyone is so damn proud of that place. I dislike people that are so proud of what they have they can't help but tell people 4 or 5 hundred times. Maybe you are not that type of person and I am certainly not judging the individuals, but rather the impression I get as a whole. (I do have friends from texas)

No, I am not jelous. I think that Texas is too crouded. I hate cities.

Who the hell needs thirty rounds to hunt a deer with. I hunt all big game and never put more that two shells in my .270 win. and I have never had to shoot twice. On the other hand, who has the right to tell you no. Hell, take advantage of the rights you have.

I grew up in Wyoming and they have next to no gun laws and next to no people. Presently I am back living here and love it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Utah..........nuff said...
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#19]
It could happen.

#1: Let Al Gore become President of the United States
(all 49 states).

#2: George W. Bush becomes the President of the
Republic of Texas.

So what does Texas have to do to survive as a
Republic?

NASA in Houston, Texas (we will control the space
industry).

We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United
States

Defense Industry (we have over 65% of it). The term
"Don't mess with Texas," will take on a whole new
meaning.

Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of
Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states?
Sorry about that.

Natural Gas - Again we have all we need and it's too
bad about those northern states. Al Gore will figure a
way to keep them warm....

Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in
producing computer chips and communications: Small
places like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS,
Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel,
AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Semiconductor,
Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel,
Etc,Etc.

The list goes on and on.

Health Centers - We have the largest research centers
for Cancer research, the best burn centers and the top
trauma units in the world, and other large
health planning centers.

We have enough colleges to keep us going: UT, Texas
A&M, TCU, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT,
Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the
south anyway.

We have a ready supply of workers (just open the
border when we need some more.

We have control of the paper industry, plastics,
insurance, etc.

In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas
National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We
don't have an army but since everybody down here has
at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise
an army in 24 hours if we need it. If the situation
really gets bad, we can always call
Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over
a couple Texas Rangers.

We are totally self sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs
and vegetable produce and everybody down here knows
how to cook them so that they taste good.
Don't need any food.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the
Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing
out there that we need and don't have.

Now to the rest of the United States under President
Gore: Since you won't have the refineries to get gas
for your cars, only President Gore will be able to
drive around in his 9 mile per gallon SUV. The rest of
the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the space center in Houston
will cut off your communications. You won't have any
natural gas to heat your homes but since Mr. Gore has
predicted global warming, you will not need the gas.

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Signed, The People in Texas

SO IF YOUR NOT FROM TEXAS OR YOU VOTED FOR GORE...BITE ME!!!!!

Remember....if you can back it up ...it aint braggin!!

[IMG]http://www.wilsoninfo.com/texasCf.gif[/IMG]        
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah! what he said!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
yeah, oklahoma is a great state...if you take all the people out. [;)]

man i hate ou fans! rudest people in the south. even worse than t.u. fans.
View Quote
                                         You better smile when you say that!![:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
1. Texas
2. Alaska
3. ?
View Quote

ARIZONA! wtf we cant forget about Texas one hell of a neighbor AZ! well accept for the no fireworks its a BAD ass state to
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey Sweep,

And your point is???
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 1:44:53 AM EDT
[#26]
It's not a state, it's a NATION!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 3:25:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 4:26:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Yep, I know, but we have to keep you-ons' outsiders in line!

Liked your joke in a later thread.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#30]
what is t.u??? u mean UT right?
View Quote

No, I believe Aggie_Cox is correct, it's t.u., at least for anyone who's an Aggie, related to an Aggie, in love with an Aggie, or knowledgeable.[:D]

Eric The(SonOfAggie,ClassOf'49!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, enygma2yOu, there [b]are[/b] states out there that have a LOT to be modest about.

Eric The(TexasJustA'intOneOfThem)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I am glad you Texans are so proud of your state. I only hope, for your sake, that you are able to keep out the Kalifonico types which have basically ruined a once beautiful state. Good Shooting!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Kalifornico types are afraid to even visit here, much less move here and vote.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#35]
My brother in law just moved here from Cali. One of the first things I did after he got here, besides take him catfishing, was taking him out to shoot machineguns. Not everybody from Cali is bad, though that probably won't be the case in the future as all the people with any brains move out.....

Michael - Texas born and raised
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quit ragging on us you guys. Our liberals are probably no worse than your liberals in Austin, it's just that we have a hell of a lot more of them.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#37]
that true mattja, but austin is like an island in a sea. some of us dont really consider it a part of Texas, even though its the capitol. a country boy just doesnt fit in downtown austin on a friday night, its actually kinda scary.

guy--> [sex] <--yup, another guy
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#38]
The best part about texas is the laws governing the use of lethal force.

If some idiot breaks into your home, you can shoot 'em and all the cops can do is say "Thanks" and haul the body away!  

No state income tax!

Two words, Concealed Carry!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#39]
What this whole country needs,

Vermonts gun possession laws,

Texas's use of force laws.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Aggie, the same could be said about San Diego, LA, the Bay Area, and Sacramento. Rural Central and Northern CA are like an entirely different state. Unfortunately, as the four aforementioned areas are the major population centers, everyone else in the state pays for their follies. Now they want a 1/4 cent increase in the state sales tax. That after our power crisis? This state is in need of a labatomy.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#41]
I lived in TX for three years.  Owned a house and fathered two Texans of my own.  While I was there I demonstrated for gun rights on the steps of the Capitol in Austin.  This was way before the CCW.  

I fell in love with the place the first moment I got there.  It is truly home to me, even though I couldn't stay (the Army said I had to fight Communism in some far off land).  They bounced me around the world, as they had before I went to TX, but I NEVER have found a place I enjoyed better than Texas.  I've visited several times since then, and it's always felt like home.  For a gypsy like me, that's a hard thing to do.  

The people were friendly, and the women were lovely.  The gunshows were great.  I hated fireants though...well, I guess there has to be something wrong with anyplace.  

You have to have the right mentality to be a Texan, and although I'm now a proud Virginian I'll always have Texas in my heart.  Someday I will return (probably when I retire from my current job).

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top