Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/13/2001 2:44:57 PM EDT
The American flag or the Confederate flag?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Which flag do I fly??

Both, but primarily the stars and stripes.
Learn how to spell.

Reverend73
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry, I changed it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Confederate....on a nice pole surrounded by a rock garden and pickets with a chain and a black powder cannon next to it. I'll try to post a pic later.
I went into the detail because of someone mentioning earlier that the only time they see a Confederate flag is displayed in a tacky manner in front of a trailer with the wheels still on it. Mine is nicely displayed in front of a quarter million dollar home. So much for steriotypes.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Can't wait to see the pic.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#6]
American flag.
I am proud of my southern heritage, but the fact is, I am loyal to the United States of America before the South.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#7]
BOTH. I take pride in each of them.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I fly the American flag and the South Korean flag, when I feel like flying flags anyway.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#9]
The Stars and Stripes.
[flag]

Tyler
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Funny you should ask, I just bought a new Confederate flag less than an hour ago, I fly both, and am equally proud of both.[:)]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Red, White and, Blue of course
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#12]
The Betsy Ross flag, [img]http://www.icss.com/usflag/historical/betsyross.gif[/img]It's my sign of protest over how the government has drifted from its Constitutional basis.  Beats flying the Stars & Stripes upside down as some have taken to doing.

BTW, I'm a southerner by birth, but I don't fly the Stars & Bars.  It may have represented the idea of fighting for states rights in the 1800's, but in the 1950's it was resurrected as a symbol of the fight against the civil-rights movement, like it or not.  Georgia made it part of its flag in '56.  It was adopted along with the Nazi swastika flag by the KKK at about the same time.  

You want a good symbol of the fight against oppressive government?  Look at Virginia's flag, "Sic Semper Tyrannis" indeed!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#13]
STARS & BARS FOREVER.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#14]
This one:
[img]http://itomnt2.cob.appstate.edu/web200/web231/culpepper2.gif[/img]

And this one primarily:
[img]http://itomnt2.cob.appstate.edu/web200/web231/con2.gif[/img]

I also fly the Stars & Stripes but not as much as the other two.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#15]
The alleged Betsy Ross flag.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm surprised no one said the MIA/POW flag[:(]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I also fly the thirteen star/Betsy Ross flag, because our country has drifted to much away from our constitution.

However, I personaly am not offended by the confederate flag or anyone who wishes to fly it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Which flag do I fly??

Learn how to spell.

Reverend73
View Quote

Hey thats not cool. Don't be like that when people spell things wrong. I am a painter and I don't have the need to use books and write letters everyday and my spelling is not that great. Overlook it. That is rude. To come out and say Learn how to spell. You owe him an apology. If you were joking say so.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Finally got my lawn socket flagpole today.  Flew this flag today.

[img]dixienet.org/images/flags/csa_flags/bonnie_blue.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I like this one.  I'll have to go out and buy one now.

[img]http://www.animationfactory.com/animations/flags_poles/historical/betsy_ross_md_clr.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#21]
A Betsy Ross.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I fly Gadsden, Betsy Ross, PA, and this one: [url]http://www.comeandtakeit.com[/url]!!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Stars and Stripes.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I fly this one.
[img]www.pow-miafamilies.org/art/FLAG.GIF[/img]

My girlfriend made me put this up below. She is pretty cool though, likes to shoot guns!
[img]animations.fg-a.com/greatbrf2_a.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 7/14/2001 12:46:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Which flag do I fly??

Learn how to spell.

Reverend73
View Quote

Thou should be nicer to those who mis-spellll, for they are not perfect like you, I am sure!
TYRANNOCTUNUS
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 4:55:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Funny you should ask, Stars & Stripes, Stars & Bars, USMC, POW/MIA.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#27]

I proudly fly the Red,White and Blue!
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm more loyal to the Confederate Battle Flag than I am Old Glory.  The CBF never flew over an abortion clinic!

And I'm probably [i]almost[/i] as loyal to the Lone Star Flag of Texas as I am the CBF.

Too bad that others have used the CBF for their own evil agendas, many more have used Jesus Christ or the Holy Bible for even more dark and insidious purposes, but I ain't about to blame Him for that!

Reconstruction and Reunion, Hell, it's just a lull in the hostilities.

Eric The(Forget,Hell,Let'sMakeIt2Outta3)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm more loyal to the Confederate Battle Flag than I am Old Glory.  The CBF never flew over an abortion clinic!
View Quote

But it might have flown over a slave auction or two.  Interesting distinction you make...or don't.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which flag do I fly??

Learn how to spell.

Reverend73
View Quote

Hey that's not cool. Don't be like that when people spell things wrong. I am a painter and I don't have the need to use books and write letters everyday and my spelling is not that great. Overlook it. That is rude. To come out and say Learn how to spell. You owe him an apology. If you were joking say so.
View Quote

Ferguson, Lougotzz and others,

I was in a bad mood at the time and when I read what Ferg wrote (something like "Witch flag to you fly") it pissed me off because I thought he was trying to make southerners look like ignorant, uneducated retards.  I am sorry for coming down so hard on you. I stand corrected.

Reverend73
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I fly this one.
[img]www.pow-miafamilies.org/art/FLAG.GIF[/img]

My girlfriend made me put this up below. She is pretty cool though, likes to shoot guns!
[img]animations.fg-a.com/greatbrf2_a.gif[/img]

View Quote

I love my wife dearly, but if she wanted me to fly a british flag we'd have some arguing to do.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Post from rikwriter -
But it might have flown over a slave auction or two.
View Quote

Surely you jest? The Confederate Battle Flag would have been a very unlikely flag to have been flown at the site of a slave auction.

Thomas Jefferson remarked that he trembled for the country over the institution of slavery, knowing that 'God is just.'  How much more would he have trembled for the country today and its culture of abortion. God is still just.

Insofar as the abortion clinic distinction, the slaves were eventually freed, the unborn dead will never experience freedom, except that of the grave (or [u]dumpster[/u], more likely).

Eric The(HipHipHoorayForTheFlag)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry Eric, but I don't accept your logic. Both flags oversaw much evil, but the US flag has also overseen much good.  I know which one I would choose.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Of course Old Glory has overseen much that was good, the past tense being the key here.

When, and if, 'they' come for your guns they will likely be wearing patches bearing the American Flag and 'they' will also be certain that they are doing 'the Lord's work.'

What poetic justice, wouldn't you say?

Eric The(LessThanEnthusiastic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thomas Jefferson remarked that he trembled for the country over the institution of slavery, knowing that 'God is just.'  How much more would he have trembled for the country today and its culture of abortion. God is still just.

Eric The(HipHipHoorayForTheFlag)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Didn't Thomas Jefferson own slaves?  Or am I mistaken, not to flame just curious.  I am getting married in GA in August and I am coming home with the stars and bars to hang proudly in my gun room next to my american flag.

Edited because I seem to be an idiot (spelling wise that is).
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#36]
If I could fly flags(I rent a room), it would be the same flags my stepfather flys off of his pole. In fact, after he passes on, I will fly them proudly-
Stars and Stripes
Seabees(my stepfather served 24 years in the Navy as a Seabee)
Hawaiian state flag(my stepfather is 1/2 Hawaiian)
Pow/Mia

Why the two flags in the middle you ask? My stepfather instilled into me what it meant to be a American. He led by example-he gave 24 years of life to his country. So in his memory, I will fly those flags to remind me what he taught me.

Link Posted: 7/14/2001 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#37]
when i get a flagpole. star and stripes and pow mia.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Since we can't seem to agree on a flag, I vote we get an AR15.COM flag and fly it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Since we can't seem to agree on a flag, I vote we get an AR15.COM flag and fly it.
View Quote

use the logo that would be cool
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:05:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Ditto what Mach 1 said...(!)
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:20:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Of course Old Glory has overseen much that was good, the past tense being the key here.
View Quote

That's your opinion anyway. I still love this country and think it's the best in the world. If you don't...well, there are a lot of other choices, go move to one of them.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#42]
I fly the betsy ross, the current US Flag, the original US Navy flag, and the confederate flag. Not the confederate battle flag which some are probably and accidently calling the confederate flag.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I fly the betsy ross, the current US Flag, the original US Navy flag, and the confederate flag. Not the confederate battle flag which some are probably and accidently calling the confederate flag.
View Quote

Another misconception I was recently made aware of was that the "stars and bars" is not the confederate battle flag.  This is the stars and bars
[img]http://patriotic-flags.com/confederate/img0.gif[/img]

this is the confederate battle flag
[img]http://patriotic-flags.com/confederate/img4.gif[/img]

Reverend73
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Stars and Stripes.... I am thinking of also flying the Lion of Scotland and The Israeli flag, but my loyality is to the USA!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Stars and Bars ALWAYS!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm surprised no one said the MIA/POW flag[:(]
View Quote

POW/MIA flag is on display in my room all day, every day. As well as outside on the appropriate days.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:Since we can't seem to agree on a flag, I vote we get an AR15.COM flag and fly it.
View Quote

how about this one:

[img]http://www.comeandtakeit.com/doofis.gif[/img]

available at:

[url]http://www.comeandtakeit.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#48]
[img]http://www.marinecorpproducts.com/Art/Iwojima.gif[/img]

[img]http://ricks_outpost.homestead.com/files/us_marine_corps_clr.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.marinecorpproducts.com/Art/Iwojima.gif[/img]

[img]http://ricks_outpost.homestead.com/files/us_marine_corps_clr.gif[/img]

View Quote

Right on the money, ITB! I fly the Stars and Stripes, the Texas State flag and the USMC battle colors.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#50]
The Australian National Flag, followed by the Eureka Stockade Flag! Although our gunlaws suck, its really a great country! Advance Australia!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top