Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2005 9:24:02 AM EDT
Rush mentioned that a SEAL team of approx 12 was broadcasting "in a spectacular manner" for help yesterday.  And he mentioned that since this is very out of character for them, that speculation was arising that perhaps they were closing in on OBL or some other high profile target, because of the area they were in.

Did anything come of this news?
Were they killed? God, I can not imagine being cut off from aid/rescue in that God-foresaken land, and under attack.  That must take some true strength of character.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I have heard it rumored that they stumbled very close to OBL, but nothing has ever backed that up.

The nature of their jobs will probably keep the circumstances around those deaths pretty quiet.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have heard it rumored that they stumbled very close to OBL, but nothing has ever backed that up.

The nature of their jobs will probably keep the circumstances around those deaths pretty quiet.

Was this recent?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]
It was rumored that might have been the case with the 4-man team that called for assistance resulting in the downing of the Chinook and the loss of 16 men.  One of the original men from the 4-man team was rescued alive several days later.  Two others were found dead, the fourth is still missing, IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#6]
man, where you been? the 4th was found dead...
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
man, where you been? the 4th was found dead...

Sorry 'bout that...

On a new schedule at work and haven't gotten into a news routine yet....
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They would have to be stumbling around in Pakistan for that to happen.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know how rumors are....

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#10]
taggage
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And? We were never in Laos or Cambodia either.......  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top