Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2001 1:43:24 PM EDT
Is it safe to shoot Wolf ammo through my DPMS SS barrel w/ 1/8 twist?  Will the steel cases screw up the chamber?  Anyone have any problems with this ammo?  I'm going to Burro Canyon on Sunday on my way back from Big Bear and need to know before I leave tonight since I wont be around a PC.  Thanks, Sydwaiz in Kali.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy some Federal American Eagle and forget the Wolf.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Safe?  Yes.  Reliable?  Unknown, but there's a good possibility that your afternoon will be ruined by a case being stuck in your chamber.  I would avoid all steel-cased .223 ammo.

-Troy
View Quote

Troy, I've been shooting 'no-name' Russian made steel case ammo through my Eagle-Arms without a hitch.(over 2000 rounds and counting)  I do know what you mean about the Wolf getting stuck though. A friend had it happen about a year ago but I thought maybe it has been improved since then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top