Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2001 1:45:48 PM EDT
my point is i think K mart is stopping ammo sells beocuse it wasnt making money becosue when it all comes down to it. Its all about the $$$$. i know i never did it was overpriced anyway.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
they DID said they were losing money. and thats why they stopped. If so why didn't they quit until they got a visit from the commies? As for buying ammo there? Hell no I haven't. I've only been into a kmart once in a long ass time and I was looking for .357s, and they didn't even have any handgun ammo anyway.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]
No, trying to get service in the sporting goods department is a joke and they never have the ammo I'm looking for anyway.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Only 22lr and only on sale.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I know it's a big deal for some folks who don't have gun shops or gunshows, but I could give a damn.

I don't shop at Kmart in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought ammo at kmart . Lets face it of course we would rather buy in bulk and save from Ammo man or at the show or wherever .
 But when you need ammo quick and you want to shoot NOW !  It is nice o tbe able to go to the local place and buy quick and easy .
 When I first got my AR I bought alot of .223 at Kmart espically when they would match the competitors  prices .
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#7]
At the end of hunting season I would clean them out of shotgun shells at $1.50-$2.50 a box.
I am going to miss those savings.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought 44 mags there, the cheapest place I found them, 5 dollars cheaper per box.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#9]
not making money because they never had more than a few boxes of any ammo, that were overpriced, that took 3 clerks and a manager an hour to complete a sale.
when they had the ammo on sale or for a reasonable price, yes, i bought ammo at k and wal mart.  i just didn't like giving up an hour of my life for the last beat up, ripped box of over priced ammo.  
if they had EXPERIENCED, FRIENDLY people working in sporting goods and sold more than rubber worms at a fair price, they would be making a profit.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
not making money because they never had more than a few boxes of any ammo, that were overpriced, that took 3 clerks and a manager an hour to complete a sale.
when they had the ammo on sale or for a reasonable price, yes, i bought ammo at k and wal mart.  i just didn't like giving up an hour of my life for the last beat up, ripped box of over priced ammo.  
if they had EXPERIENCED, FRIENDLY people working in sporting goods and sold more than rubber worms at a fair price, they would be making a profit.
View Quote

c my point excatlcy
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Nah only fishing tackle.

BTW  Builders Square sucks too.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep sure did (in a round about way). They own Sports Authority and buying it by the box, they were the cheap way to go around here.

Used to sell pistols at a pretty good price too but quit that a coupla years ago and just within the last coupla months started dumping all their ammo inventory. PC Limp-wristed Sally's they are, giving in to the sensitivities of the soccer moms. 50 rd White Box Winchester 9mm for $9, 40S&W for $11 and .45ACP lead-free for $12 (was $11 for a long time).
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I haven't bought 22 ammo anywhere but Kmart or Walmart for years. $9 a brick hard to beat.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought .22's and 12 guage there. Now I don't buy anything.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#15]
No.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Bobby Vincent:
No, trying to get service in the sporting goods department is a joke and they never have the ammo I'm looking for anyway.
View Quote
you can say that again.about a year ago they had a metal gun cabinet/safe on sale.i spent 30 minutes asking any&every employee i  could find if they could get me a cart to wheel it up to the front.all i heard was "not my department".i became quite pissed and dragged that safe up to the checkout line.there i managed to get it wedged in good and tight between the candy rack on one side and the gossip rags on the other.I then slide by the woman paying for her items and left the building,wondering who's department it was in now.mmk
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Buy ammo there all the time.  Its easier to find the cheap plinking crap than at my local gun stores, which stock mostly high-grade ammunition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top