Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2005 4:24:02 PM EDT
I am driving down the road and the AM stations are talking about an illegal alien
that kidnapped a child in Houston and more than one station is talking about it
but, I get home and no one knows about it and it is not on the web or on any TV
stations, anyone know anything about it?
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't they have the Amber Alert down there?  Check their website (if they have one).
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Amber Alert Issued In Infant's Kidnapping
4 Armed Men Abduct Infant, Parents, Another Couple At Gunpoint

POSTED: 10:49 am CDT July 11, 2005
UPDATED: 4:30 pm CDT July 11, 2005
www.click2houston.com/news/4708114/detail.html
HOUSTON -- An Amber Alert was issued Monday morning for an infant girl abducted at gunpoint along with her parents and another couple, Local 2 reported.

Authorities said four armed men kicked in the front door of a west Harris County home in the 4800 block of Gretna Green Drive Sunday at about 7 p.m. and kidnapped six illegal immigrants at gunpoint, including 6-month-old Alexandria Garcia.

Harris County Sheriff's Department Sgt. James Parker said authorities continued their search for five of the victims Monday. One woman was released at a Fiesta store on Interstate 10 Sunday night. The Amber Alert was issued Monday at 11:19 a.m.

Parker said the woman who was freed told deputies why she thought she had been released, but he declined to reveal what she said.

"We do know that these people, who have been taken, are illegal aliens and they had just recently entered the country," he said.

Lt. John Martin, with the Harris County Sheriff's Department, said the motive appears to be money.

"The suspects made some type of a demand for money. The complainant said they don't have any money or what money, something to that affect," Martin said.

An unidentified woman who emerged from the house Monday said her family is fine. She would not comment any further.

Deputies still treated the house as a crime scene, taking fingerprints and putting up crime tape.

The family moved to Houston from McAllen three weeks ago.

"I'm very taken aback. It's a great family. The first thing they did when they came in was clean the house, took care of it, moved in. They were great to deal with. (I'm) very, very surprised, very very concerned," homeowner Scott Perry said.

Perry rented the house to the family and checked it out after he heard about abductions.

"You can tell that there was some tussling going on, some fighting because some stuff's been knocked over and moved around," he said.

Parker described the missing as the 6-month-old, wearing a white jumper; her mother and father, who are between 30 and 40 years old; and another couple in their 40s. All are Hispanic. Their pictures were not released.

They were taken in a white van with a blue stripe and paper license tags.

Neighbors are shocked.

"It's heartbreaking. It gives me goose bumps. It brings tears to my eyes to think that anybody is taken against their will," said Trelis Lee, who lives in the neighborhood.

Anyone with information should contact the Harris County Sheriff's Department at (713) 967-5810.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Authorities said four armed men kicked in the front door of a west Harris County home in the 4800 block of Gretna Green Drive Sunday at about 7 p.m. and kidnapped six illegal immigrants at gunpoint, including 6-month-old Alexandria Garcia.

four armed men kick in a door and kidnap a van full of people..........
no word, no investigation, no news..........

It is getting worse.........
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Two wrongs dont make a right.

While I dont much agree with illegals, I also sure as hell dont agree with kidnapping them at gun point and having them go missing......
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

While I dont much agree with illegals, I also sure as hell dont agree with kidnapping them at gun point and having them go missing......

You seem to be making many assumptions.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:21:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well now, what article are you reading cause it sure as shit aint the one posted now is it Capt'n Obvious.....

"We do know that these people, who have been taken, are illegal aliens and they had just recently entered the country," he said.

Parker described the missing as the 6-month-old, wearing a white jumper; her mother and father, who are between 30 and 40 years old; and another couple in their 40s. All are Hispanic. Their pictures were not released.

*EDIT*
Forgot one....

Now, just to keep you straight......
gunpoint
illegal alien
missing

Now just what the hell do you assume happened? Some guys came over for tea n crumpets, decided to play airsoft and all packed into a van and got lost on the way to the range?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The radio reports that alerted me to look for the article said illegals did the kidnapping
I bet if it had been legal citizens there would be a description from the person they released
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The radio reports that alerted me to look for the article said illegals did the kidnapping
I bet if it had been legal citizens there would be a description from the person they released

Illegals kidnapped illegals?

This world gets weirder and wierder man.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#9]
it was illegal on illegal crime

One woman was released at a Fiesta store on Interstate 10

I just realized, this is not only my city, it is MY neighborhood
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Illegals kidnapped illegals?

This world gets weirder and wierder man.

This is a common practice in mexico from what I hear
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:05:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I did find one other local story about it from the day it happened
abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/071105_APlocal_kidnapping.html

I wonder how many more people the illegals will kidnap before something is done about them

Oh yeah, looking around on the web, Tancredo has been complaining about illegals for about five years

it doesn't look like anyhing is going to be done about it
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:29:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Here is a new article about Tancredo

haley's comment
Political winds shifting for Tancredo

By Dan Haley
Denver Post Editorial Board  
08/14/2005
www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_2942775
Told three years ago to never darken the doorsteps of the White House again, Congressman Tom Tancredo suddenly is the toast of Washington.

OK, that's pushing it, but more and more people want to hear from the Littleton Republican, who's been on a one-man crusade against illegal immigration since he was elected in 1998.

Even Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman is saying nice things about him. Three years ago, the party was embarrassed by Tancredo, saying he didn't represent mainstream Republicans.

But the winds are shifting.

You can expect immigration reform to replace Social Security as the next big issue in Washington when lawmakers return from their August recess.

Before they adjourned, President Bush visited the Republican congressional caucus and lawmakers told him they were getting hammered at home over immigration. Congresswoman Marilyn Musgrave hears about it wherever she goes.

Tancredo has been barnstorming the country, trying to make immigration an issue in the 2008 presidential race and threatening to run if no one else picks up the torch. He's as suspicious as anyone as to why immigration is suddenly the hot topic - his rabble-rousing paying off? - but it's likely a combination of things, including the London bombings, that has Washington ready to act.

Either way, it's long overdue.

The immigration president?

Speaking of Tancredo, his would-be presidential run is turning a few heads. He landed the No. 9 spot on PoliticalDerby.com's power rankings for the 2008 race - one spot ahead of Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum. "He's gone from an afterthought to a candidate worthy \[of\] an extra look," the site reads. "... He's speaking on college campuses, and his message is being eaten up faster than a cheese danish at a Howard Dean presser."

Tancredo stumped in California last week and has trips planned this month to Utah, Minnesota and Iowa. Next month, he'll head back to New Hampshire, the nation's first primary state.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

gunpoint
illegal alien
missing

Now just what the hell do you assume happened?

"Obviously", kidnapping is never a good thing.  Illegal immigrants or not.  If you somehow infered that I believe otherwise then you are mistaken.

I would not assume to know what happened according to the above report.  They were taken at gunpoint for reasons unknown.   As for my above remark, I said you seemed to be making assumptions.  This report made nothing clear except that they were taken at gunpoint against their will.  That is all.  Everything else is speculation.  

Your "capt'n obvous remark was not called for nor were the other smart-assed remarks that were made.

I speak plainly.  If you wish to know if there is anything hidden in my words then ask me.  I will hide nothing.  I do not see the point.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:33:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

gunpoint
illegal alien
missing

Now just what the hell do you assume happened?

"Obviously", kidnapping is never a good thing.  Illegal immigrants or not.  If you somehow infered that I believe otherwise then you are mistaken.

I would not assume to know what happened according to the above report.  They were taken at gunpoint for reasons unknown.   As for my above remark, I said you seemed to be making assumptions.  This report made nothing clear except that they were taken at gunpoint against their will.  That is all.  Everything else is speculation.  

Your "capt'n obvous remark was not called for nor were the other smart-assed remarks that were made.

I speak plainly.  If you wish to know if there is anything hidden in my words then ask me.  I will hide nothing.  I do not see the point.

I made no assumptions. I said (As stated in the article) that illegals were kidnapped at gunpoint and missing.
You reply real simply "Assumptions".
There are none. Not one. So, I can only assume you completely missed all references in the article to kidnapping, all references to it involving illegals and all references to the kidnapping being at gunpoint.

What is there to assume about what i said, when everything I said is completely supported by the article?
There was a kidnapping of illegals at gunpoint. Whats to assume? Its true.
Hence my smartass remark. If you state that I'm making assumptions by saying illegals were kidnapped at gunpoint and missing then its VERY obvious you didnt read the article.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#15]
You did seem to insinuate that it was Citizens doing the kidnapping..........
I WAS hoping you were going to apologize for the captn obvious comment

can we go back to concentrating on our two enemies, illegals and terrorists (and illegals that are also terrorists)?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:45:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I was hoping you were going to apologize for the capn obvious comment

can we go back to concentrating on our two enemies, illegals and terrorists (and illegals that are also terrorists)?

Does it matter whos doing the kidnapping?

And hey, the Capt'n Obvious comment was funny.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:48:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that was the point..........
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:49:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that was the point..........

Ok, now I get to wear the Capt'n Obvious hat, cause I'm all confused.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:55:14 AM EDT
[#19]
My remark regarding your assumptions were based on my assumptions concerning your assumptions.

I hope that clears it all up.  

(Really, that's the way it happened!)
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:55:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:56:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
My remark regarding your assumptions were based on my assumptions concerning your assumptions.

I'm too tired to be assuming your assumptions were based on assumptions where it was assumed assumptions were made.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm too tired to be assuming your assumptions were based on assumptions where it was assumed assumptions were made.

Boy, that really drives home the saying about "making an ass outa u and me"
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now, am I assuming your an ass, or are you assuming I'm an ass? Or should we both presume to assume we're both asses?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:01:38 AM EDT
[#24]

You can expect immigration reform to replace Social Security as the next big issue in Washington when lawmakers return from their August recess.

Before they adjourned, President Bush visited the Republican congressional caucus and lawmakers told him they were getting hammered at home over immigration. Congresswoman Marilyn Musgrave hears about it wherever she goes.

I wonder if that was the same caucus where he told them to prepare guest worker legislation.........
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:07:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Maybe they were smuggling drugs as part of their entering the US and they thought they could run and hide? Witness to something in Mexico?

Sounds fishy that they would be targeted...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:09:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now, am I assuming your an ass, or are you assuming I'm an ass? Or should we both presume to assume we're both asses?

Gueass
(in case it cannot be seen, the e has a strike through it, heh)
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:13:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Maybe they were smuggling drugs as part of their entering the US and they thought they could run and hide? Witness to something in Mexico?

Sounds fishy that they would be targeted...

The family moved to Houston from McAllen three weeks ago.

I would say based on the little information available, that they left a criminal enterprise
in McAllen and some of their "acquaintances" wanted a share of what they had"earned"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top