Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2001 5:40:05 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b4d9e85290d.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#1]
If I were a paying member here,  I'd shrink down the CBF and have that as the image next to my name.  [:D]

[img]dixienet.org/images/animated/ani-csa-flags/5flags_lg.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell yeah 7.
I posted this pic yesterday and Ill do it again.
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/023/RX/HD/Lm/cA58407.jpg[/img]
(photo taken by 7)
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:55:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent anology.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:12:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I know wht the confererate flag means to me...hunyuk

I do not know the true meaning of that flag and I have never lived under it, but it seems every time i see it, it is attached to some toothless trailer living, long hair, 2 cars up on blocks looser.  I have never actually seen it on display personally in a 'civilized' fashion such as on a flag pole.  For all you southreners that dig the confederate flag-Sorry, I would imagine it means a lot to you all (y'all) and this is not meant as a bash against it in any way.
Note: I do NOT beleive that it should be removed from the Georgia flag.
If anybody wants to enlighten me of why I see the flag this way, and possibly some of its history, please feel free!
(flame suit on-but hopefully not needed)
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree that the Battle Flag has NOTHING to do with hate or racism.

But, some sick people have adopted it as their symbol. Wrongly so.

But the bottom line is THIS -

The only way that black peoples will EVER conquer the hate that others show, is by getting to the mindset that the Confederate Battle Flag does not bother them.

AS long as they cower in fear and allow themselves to be "repressed" by it, they GIVE, YES, GIVE, the haters a means to abuse them.

Frankly, IMO, its quite childish of black people to let themselves be diminished by a piece of cloth.

They can empower themselves by actually embracing the Battle Flag, thereby TAKING AWAY a rallying point of the haters.

The truth is that ONLY black people have the ability to end this issue - by embracing the Battle Flag as their own.

Personally, I have no use for the Battle Flag. One, I'm a Yankee. Two, I shy away from associating with anything that others feel "oppressed" by, other than the Gospel of Jesus Christ (and guns.) IF i'm gonna offend, its gonna be because of the Gospel, NOT because of some transitory man-made symbol.

Perhaps teh MOST despicable part of all this are those who FEED off the hate. they keep re-fueling it, throwing a wedge inbetween blacks and whites. Who am I referring to ?? The NAACP, and jesse Jackson and his ilk. They actually have a financial interest in keeping the hate going. In my flesh, I hope God has reserved an ESPECIALLY HOT portion of hell for those who do this.

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:14:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree the CBF represents more than just slavery. It represents states rights which the Civil war was really about.  The fact is slavery is the only thing really taught in school to our children. History is written by the winners of wars and the only promote their point of view and they try to make the defeated look as bad as possible.  Lets face it slavery was a dark time in our history and what better to use to make us forget that the war was about states rights.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:15:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree with grandman
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry miss spelled garandman name
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I had no opinion on the flag issue until our governor used "back room" antics, and "strong arm" tactics to ram through a design without any citizen input.  We'll see about that come relection time...

In one city here, they have stopped trying to fly the new flag, every one put up is cut down and stolen.  

This issue is a slow burning fuze for a larger explosion that may come later on.  Keep kicking a sleeping dog and he will wake up and bite you.

I am forever intrigued by all the out of state  people that weigh in with their opinion of an internal matter.  Nobody here cares what you think about our flag choice.  You have enough problems in your home state without concerning yourself with us.

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Here we go...alredy getting rips for trying to find out what is going on with the Confederate flag/ GA flag, only to get cold-shouldered for asking-Don't worry, I won't mess with your state[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#12]
On any subject like this that I don't particularly care about, I generally choose the side opposite of Jesse Jackson. I figure if it pisses him off , it must be good.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Garandman...could'nt agree with you more...While children in the Sudan are taken as sex slaves...have their little arms hacked off...or are burned alive unless they renounce Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and embrace allah....Jesse Jackson and his ilk in  America have ignored this issue for years...Al Sharpton in his endless search for an issue to embrace latched on to this paid a visit to Sudan and came back saying that while he was sitting under a tree God told him to run for the Presidency..he said nothing about the children of Sudan enslaved and murdered for their faith...
The Conf. flag means alot to me..my family has fought in every war since the French and Indian and on both sides of the Cival War...many of my relatives were killed on Missionary Ridge and my uncle had a house there...so when we went to visit I spent a lot of time visiting battle sites with my uncle and dad..It is an important part of our history and as such should be preserved and not preverted by either radical side in this debate..and as such should be protected by the 1st ammendment...since it has been primary a white southern symbol it is automatically attacked by liberals...who wont stop until we are all slaves of their perverted lack of ideals and nazi tactics to promote their own agendas
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#14]
What does the Confederate flag represent to people wh

nevermind.

Go read my post in Delmarksmans "Did you ever notice" thread.
You will understand why you think the way you do.

[img]http://dixienet.org/images/animated/ani-csa-flags/5flags_lg.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:39:41 AM EDT
[#15]
got a link?

Remember I am a lazy Yankee....
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Back to my original post-I have never seen the Confederate flag displayed in 'less than desireable' conditions.

Also, I DO NOT think ANY flag should be messed with.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:53:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I know wht the confererate flag means to me...hunyuk

I do not know the true meaning of that flag and I have never lived under it, but it seems every time i see it, it is attached to some toothless trailer living, long hair, 2 cars up on blocks looser.  I have never actually seen it on display personally in a 'civilized' fashion such as on a flag pole.  For all you southreners that dig the confederate flag-Sorry, I would imagine it means a lot to you all (y'all) and this is not meant as a bash against it in any way.
Note: I do NOT beleive that it should be removed from the Georgia flag.
If anybody wants to enlighten me of why I see the flag this way, and possibly some of its history, please feel free!
(flame suit on-but hopefully not needed)
View Quote

You need to get out of your secluded world. I've seen the CSA battle flag displayed at many museums, battlefields, parades (non-racist), courthouses all over the South.  Naturally you would not expect to see it in the North. There, you will see it displayed by that region's more ignorant citizens in the manner you are used to seeing it.

Seems to me we are back to the original point: we in the North don't understand your heritage, your way of life, your way of thinking so we are going to get your mind right.  We did it once before at the point of the gun now we will do it with our majority opinon.  We will proclaim you all as racists if you don't toe the proper line.

People in the South can't understand why it's such a big deal.  If there is an Irish cerebration in a city & a Irish flag is allowed to fly, perhaps that would offend British decendants or vice versa.

Allowing a bunch of homosexuals to parade down main streets promting & acting out sexual antics is allowed but is offensive to many. This is done under the guise of "can't we all just get along".

Yet a battle flag that is proclaimed to be "racist" by one group & said to be a symbol of regional heritage & history by another group is too sensitive.

My point is when the flag is finally censored into oblivion, what is next, every courthouse square statue, battlefield monument, military bases & ships, people's homes.......people's thoughts & expressions?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#20]
i'll just keep posting this whenever the subject comes up:

to destroy or to simply put in a place for no one to see, a symbol of history is nothing more than an attempt to change history itself.

the reasons that people have to fly this banner should be irrelevant, given the natural laws of free will.

countless attrocities have been committed under the AMERICAN flag, slavery being one of them. since i decide to live under it, therefore die for it, i am willing to own-up to its past and make it my own.

perhaps all of america should take responsibility for our collective past, instead of trying to constantly "sugar coat" it until our history conforms with the currently held, PC
world-view.

people who would hide this or any flag, relic, place, photo, painting or book away hoping that this act alone will solve the underlying issues, will be leading this nation down a dangerous path.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

To me the AMERICAN FLAG is a sacred thing. Do I mind people using it as clothing, or in their clothing? No. Why? Because to me, that is a symbol of absolute love of their flag and their country. Wearing a US Flag Bikini is a beautiful thing. (Heehee!)

-- GB
View Quote

Gotta disagree with ya there....

What is BEHIND the bikini is BEAUTIFUL. [:D] God made it, and I do admire it, within the constraints He set. Personally, I think the female body is the pinnacle of God's creation. Still, God has rules....

But there are also RULES of heraldry, under which the flag should be displayed.

SPECIFICALLY mentioned is that it is NOT to be worn as a piece of clothing.

IMO, wearing the flag as a piece of clothing is only LESS denigrating to the flag as burning it in protest.

Just one dudes opinion....
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#22]
NOW, lets look at the misuse of the Confederate Flag as a symbol of hate. In 1956, Georgia adopted the flag as it's state flag due to the issue of integration in it's schools. They took it as a rallying symbol (much as the entire south did in the war), but this time it was not a call to arms, not a call to defend their rights. They took the flag to heart as a symbol of oppression and hatred. This has tainted the flag, but it has done more to destroy the state of Georgia than tarnish the history of the south.

GB-
The forced integration of the school systems here was a very special time.  I know, I lived it...  The first year of integration it was decided to separate the boys and girls into different schools in my local schools. Brilliant! No female distractions to the business at hand!  As a result, I attended class 28 days the entire year.  The rest were spent at home during riots and other violence, such as school burning and such.  The situation became so bad, the National Guard had to be called in, and citizens were enlisted to patrol rooftops of the town with rifles to prevent rioting and looting.  Since this was rural Georgia, none of this made the national media.

The main issue that has galled many here, is the way the flag issue was decided.  Many wanted a statewide vote to decide the issue.  Supposedly the state constitution doesn't allow that, instead requiring the legislature to make the decision.  The governor, in his wisdom, decided the redesign was an easy "out" of a sticky situation. Wrong!

Governor Barney(Barnes) will soon discover this is the state of Georgia, not the state of Atlanta.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Here's an interesting link of what can be done to a business in the of being "PC"

[url]www.mauricesbbq.com/politics/index.html[/url]

I'm buying some sauce!

"Prior to Fall, 2000, our sauces and frozen foods were available in grocery stores across the South.

Then, Maurice made a political statement in favor of the Constitution and state sovereignty by placing the state flag of South Carolina above the flag of the United States. Despite how our current federal government operates, the Constitution clearly places the individual states above the federal government and Maurice wished to provoke a public discussion on how states have lost their sovereignty since the fox started guarding the federal henhouse. He also placed the Confederate flag below that of the other flags as a show of his pride for his heritage and because the Confederate flag is a worldwide symbol against government tyranny.

As a result, the South Carolina media, particularly The State newspaper, launched a smear campaign against Maurice and encouraged grocery chains to stop selling his products by embarrassing the stores that did not comply with slanted stories. African-American so called civil rights organizations, such as the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, started demanding that stores stop selling the products or face boycotts. Most of the grocery chains immediately caved in to the pressure and Piggly-Wiggly was the last to do so. Ingles is the only chain to refuse to cave in. If you are interested, you can read more about this controversy on our Political pages."

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I just don’t get it.
View Quote

I think that is it in a nutshell...[i]you just don't get it[/i]...  

A lot of people are down on squids and/or the military, but I bet YOU would staunchly defend what the Navy and the DOD represent to YOU.  Just because it's not something you can relate to does not make it fair game for your ridicule.  

I work with a woman who was one of those very vocal high school team supporters.. you know what?  She was that way because she loved her son and wanted to support him... what was important to him was important to her.  And yet you would dismiss her ardor as idiotic.

I was born in Savannah, Georgia.  The majority of my family is from Mississippi and Louisiana.  You can't convince some of them that "the War" isn't still going on.  Am I on the same page?  No.  But just because [i]I don't understand it[/i] I don't make it my mission in life to needle them on the issue.  

Can't we get along?
View Quote

I find this statement ironic coming from you considering you just admitted to baiting members on this site.... practice what you preach, thank you. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#27]
THE NORTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!!  oh, wait, it already did....
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Here is a summary of the issue in a nutshell (forgive the context of the statement):

It's about the 10th Amendment, stupid!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Grin&Barrett:
Here's an interesting link of what can be done to a business in the of being "PC"

[url]www.mauricesbbq.com/politics/index.html[/url]

Maurice Bessinger is not a good man. He put his flags up for the wrong reasons. He is a 1950's - 60's segregationist. He will hide behing southern pride & the flag, but he is part of the reason the flag's meaning has been corrupted. He is an evil man that treats his employees poorly and is slow to pay his creditors. I live within spitting distance from his headquarters & several restaurants & wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. Support the Flag, fly the Flag, revere the Flag, but forget Maurice.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#31]
If nothing else, we all fly the same AR15 flag!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#32]
We need An AR15 Flag.

GoatBoy,  Yes we are all Americans but do we all call ourselves Americans?  I do.  I don't call myself a Scottish/Greek American.   Why oh why do people say African Americans.   Really burns me up.

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta disagree with ya there....

What is BEHIND the bikini is BEAUTIFUL. [:D] God made it, and I do admire it, within the constraints He set. Personally, I think the female body is the pinnacle of God's creation. Still, God has rules....

But there are also RULES of heraldry, under which the flag should be displayed.

SPECIFICALLY mentioned is that it is NOT to be worn as a piece of clothing.

IMO, wearing the flag as a piece of clothing is only LESS denigrating to the flag as burning it in protest.

Just one dudes opinion....
View Quote

I agree the female body is a wonderful piece of God's creation
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#34]
The war for southern independence is not "old" history. My paternal greatgrandfather was a confederate soldier. (I am the youngest son, of the youngest son, of the youngest son, my grandfather died in '71 at age 95) I live near where the first actual shots were fired in the war (Ft. Pickins in Pensacola). The battles for Mobile Bay occured an hour from here. New Orleans is 3 hours away. Vicksburg, and on and on.
The war was for individual states rights. Slavery was a secondary issue. Slavery was on the way out as a viable ecnomic issue anyway. It would have imploded within a few years because it was so expensive an institution. The Southern states seceded after thier duly elected officials voted to leave the Union. This is the basis of the Declaration of Independence. The North forced Kentucky and Maryland, to not secede. They placed puppet governments in place, and used threats and coercion to "keep them in the union". Lincoln violated the Constituion, abolishing writs of habeas corpus, allowing him to jail "copperhead" democrats without charges.
Then after the war was over, if you want to talk about symbols that can offend. The North occupied the South for many years. Carpetbaggers came and took advantage of the devestated South. The violation of the South did not start to ease until the Spanish American War in 1898, and then some more in 1917. The vestiges of Reconstruction were still in place in the South as late as the 1960's.
What is said about the Confederate Battle Flag can be said of the American Flag, but more so.
The Amerian Flag has waved during wars of aggression, by the United States. (Mexican American War, Spanish American War, Bananna Wars in the 20's and 30's) It has illegally imprisioned american citizens in concentration camps-Japnese Americans in WWII. The list goes on and on.
Do I hate or despise the American Flag? No, I am proud to have served it most of my life. I am a proud american, of southern lineage. My forefathers were not slave owners. They fought for thier freedom from an expanding, centralist, federal government that they felt was violating thier personal liberty. They did so under the various confederate flags. They had previously fought under various american flags, as well as colonial flags that pre-date the revolution. The confederate battle flag is no more a racist, oppressive symbol than the american flag I guess is my point.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:We need An AR15 Flag.
View Quote

how about this one: [url]http://www.comeandtakeit.com[/url]
I have the AR one and it is awesome!!! It'll be flying at the UN protest Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#37]
[flag]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#39]
If the Confederate flag makes you sick, start puking and don't stop. I love that Flag and will fly it when I want to. If it hurts your feelings to bad. What is with all the history lessons every time this topic comes up. Do you actually think people with preconceived opinions and minds care about history. Your wasting time and bandwidth. Fly it, love it and feel proud about it. This bullshit about blacks not liking it so I can't fly don't get it with me. There is plenty to blame all sides about,  get over it Bros. Long Live the Stars and Bars.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#40]
[b]ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1[/b]

Paul, I hope the US Navy ever has to stand for themselves, they dont back-pedal as quick as your pathetic ass just did.

"Ohhhhhhh....It was all just a test! My friend Cav-Vet hates the flag, cause he is a negro, and I have shown in the past to be a lover of negros.....But yeah yeah yeah....it was all just a test..."

How do you spell COWARD!!!!!!!!!!!
[flag][flag][flag][flag][flag][flag][img]http://dixienet.org/images/animated/ani-csa-flags/5flags_lg.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Gun-fan:  Thanks for giving me more local info. I can see the scenario he claims in his website of being persecuted ref his constitutional believes ref how flags are to be flow.  But without someone like you to point out his past actions & beliefs, we would not know.

Appears his website does not push any racial hate agenda at all but focuses upon the flag issue & liberalism. Looks like he has learned a business lesson late in life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top