Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2001 8:26:30 PM EDT
I had a heck of an experience today.  I wanted to share it with all of you, so that you can tell me what I should have done differently, and so that you can provide some affirmation that not all men act like this.  

My apartment is only a mile from where I work, so I usually will walk to work, home for lunch, back to work, and then home again.  Great exercise, and it’s doing wonders for my legs.  [;)]  While I was walking back to work after lunch, I had a guy in a truck stop me.  He asked if I was a student at the university.  I didn’t really think much about it.  I just assumed that he would end up asking me for directions, or at most, my phone number.  After asking if I was a college student, he asked if I was the party-goin’ kind of girl, or if I was more the conservative-type.  I answered honestly, I’m pretty conservative, but not nearly as much as I used to be.  The next question blew me away.  If the money was right, would I ever dance for someone.  Ummmm…   Uhhhh…  Dance?  Whaddya mean?  Oh no...  I don’t dance.  Not because I don’t have any rhythm, it’s just that I don’t think I’m very coordinated and look ridiculous.  Well, then would I be interested in posing in some skimpy clothing.  Eeeks.  Creep.  No.  Well, for $100 would I go topless for five minutes and jerk him off?  E-gads!  I may have given consideration to the topless thing, but jerking him off would never ever happen.  Then he wanted to know if I would jerk him off just as he finished.  Uhhh..  [b]NO.[/b]  He started checking to see what traffic looked like, and then proposed that we go a half block down the road to an alley.  He’d give me $50 to flash him while he jerked off.  I should have done this before, but at that point I turned my back and started walking.  As I was walking, he upped to offer to $100.  $100 to flash my breasts at someone for three seconds?  Holey cow!!!  I just kept walking.  

When I got to the office, I called the police.  I couldn’t get the plate number off of his truck, but I know what model it was, what color, and I remember what he looked like.  He told me that he only lived two minutes away…  Great... in my neighborhood.  I can hardly conceal my excitement.  There isn’t much that the police said they could do.  They could only charge him with a misdemeanor or disorderly conduct - if they find him.  There are laws against buying sex from a prostitute, but none that prevent an individual from buying sex from an ordinary citizen.  I should have smarted off...  If I had accepted the offer, would I not have been a prostitute?  Hulloooo!    Their other option would have been sexual battery, but he didn’t try to attack me.  I’m not sure how far I want to pursue this.  I don’t know if he’s dangerous.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:33:02 PM EDT
[#1]
[>:/]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#2]
get in the truck with him & as soon as he pulls it out, give him the good old Lorena Bobbitt routine[}:D]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't ever go with the guy no matter how much money he tells you he'll give you. Most likely you will be raped or worse. I doubt he lives anywhere near where he would be doing what he was doing. Carry Mace and or a knife. Handgun if legal and you have training, etc., you ever get a glimpse of this guy again get his plate number and walk towards people right away, run if necessary. That exact scenario is how people end up being on a milk carton. Be very careful! Good Luck...

John  
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#5]
carry a disposable camera with you, next time, take a pic of him and his truck, report every incident(I hope it never happens again)
Tell your neighbors about him with descriptions.

Most importantly, start packing heat. I notice you are in IN, its a shall issue CCW isn't it. Well get one if you already don't have one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I may have given consideration to the topless thing,
View Quote

reallllllyyyyy [:P]

but serioulsy, get a gun, if your walking to work, you dont have time to pump repeated shots into him, so go for a small 45, or at least some pepper spray

Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Rather than packing a gun, why not a cheese grater...that's right, a Cheese Grater. If he ever approaches you again just hand it over and tell him to jerk off with THIS. Should cure his perveted fetishes for some time.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Pepper spray.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Pepper spray and maybe a disposible camera to take their picture to show to the police.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I drove around my neighborhood tonight and found his truck.  He lives about four blocks away.  I wrote down the plate number and intend to call the police with it tomorrow.  I don't plan to walk home for lunch for a few weeks or so.  I don't want to run into him again any time soon.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#13]
reminds me of the time a few years ago when i stopped in a rest area on I75 in north Georgia about 3:00 in the morning.as i was walking into the bathroom this dude ask if i wanted a blowjob.having never in my life heard those words from a man,it took a moment or two for the words to sink in.when they did ,well let's just say his mouth wasn't in any condition to perform any services for a while.must be hard to make money that way when your front teeth are on the sidewalk.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#16]
LOL sweep you do have a point there.mmk
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Now that you have his license info [b]push[/b] the issue with the police. I'm not familiar with IN law but it can not differ that much from MO and FL law, the two states I'm very familiar with. What it amounts to is the officer you spoke with didn't want to screw with it. I'm sure there is a state statute prhibiting soliciting for the purposes of prostitution. Demand that a report be taken and there be an investigation. If the police refuse go to your prosecuting attorneys and ask to file a complaint against the person. Raise Hell until someone does something. Chances are you are not the only one that he has done this to. But one would never know if the PD refuses to place any effort in it.
In the mean time watch yourself and if possible arm yourself.
Oh and while you are at it look into what elements constitute stalking in your state.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't forget about Stalking laws. Also, if you do have a university in town, tell the campus cops. They can put out a notice/bulletin for the women who travel on campus.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder how many bodies are already buried in his basement....

Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I say push it to the limit of the law!!! You got off lucky. What if his next intended victim is only 10 or 12 years old.[?][?] How would you feel knowing that you [b]could[/b] have prevented it.[?]
Get the scum labeled for what he is.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#21]
You don't know if he's dangerous!?!

Trust me, if he'd do this, he's dangerous.

Watch your back.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Indy, Muncie, Bloomington, or Lafayette?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Sgt 884: Indy, Muncie, Bloomington, or Lafayette?
View Quote

That's what I was wondering too.

KnockItOff, did you get the county name off the plates (& is it the same as yours)?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Operator Error, makes a very good point. Men are pigs(not excluding myself here[:D]), but this guy is another kinda animal altogether. People who do stuff like this have issues to say the least.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 1:22:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By operator error:
You don't know if he's dangerous!?!

Trust me, if he'd do this, he's dangerous.

Watch your back.
View Quote

Agreed, when someone is beyond the most basic of societies rules, they are beyond them all.

Bust him!

Then protect yourself as others have said.  Change your routine.  Catch a ride with a friend for awhile.  Stay out of harms way.

Or ignore it all and hope it goes away... for you at least.

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 4:06:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Sgt 884 & 1

I'm in Lafayette.  Go Boilers!    [:X*]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 4:23:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks like you already have some good advice and welcome to the board.  Makes me wonder, how did you get from your situation to posting on AR15.com.  [?]

When I was first reading the beginning of your post, I first thought someone here was offering a girl to pose with their guns or an AR15.  [:)]

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 4:29:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey, take it from a guy that goes by Halfcocked, you don't want to do a Bobbit.  After taking the law into my own hands a couple of times I can absolutely say unless it's a matter of self defense let the cops handle it.  If you do something on your own and they get called in later your credibility is just as good (or weak) as his.  If they do find out who it is call his wife and let her know what he's up to.

Oh ya, my free advice is don't pee into the wind.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:36:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Ride by his house once in a while and see if you notice a wife or girlfriend. If he has one, I'm sure she'd be VERY interested to know of his activities. That would probably bring more heat than the cops could put on him. But still pursue it with the cops.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:13:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Sounds to me like a troll special going on here...lets see...username that does not even resemble female...7 total posts...a long, detailed story of a very personal situation,  sexual overtones "considered taking top off", no real solution or specifics of cops not taking action, etc etc...
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:18:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Oh Cleatus, you make me feel so used.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:23:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Hey KnockItOff I live in Lafayette as well.I don't think its to bad of an area,but you do have to watch your six no matter where your at. If you shoot, I am sure we know some of the same people.
I go to the Pulaski DNR range a lot, and sometimes Linden but mostly a friends property in Buck Creek. I have not joined Wildcat yet but I am going to have to break down and do it I guess.
I was kind of surprised to see someone here from Lafayette.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:26:30 AM EDT
[#33]
oh, sorry Half....
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#35]
well what do you expect from Kalif with all those liberal pyschotic faggot drug addict pukes running around

oh wait this is in Indiana .....never mind
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Just my .02......Don't do the disposable camera thing. We had a case about two months ago where a single mother reported being stalked. Despite her best efforts, she was unable to get enough identifying information on the man that was stalking her. She decided to carry a disposable camera so she could get his picture. The next time he showed up, she took the picture. When he realized that she had taken a picture of him and his vehicle he exited the vehicle, chased her across a city park, caught her, stabbed her twice, and took the camera. Sexual predators do not like to be photographed and will do whatever it takes to keep their photos from being circulated. Moderately happy ending to the story: The woman survived with no apparent permanent damage other than two large scars. We arrested the perp on information from two witnesses from a civic center that had witnessed the stabbing. Perp is in jail without option of bail. Trial date pending.

Please be careful with whatever action you decide to take.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#37]
[[:)]
Find that S.O.B. and cut his little pecker off dirty bastard.  You should get a tazer baton and shock the hell out of him untill he is in a puddle of his own piss.
By the way you said you would show some tities.
[:P]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Looks like you already have some good advice and welcome to the board.  Makes me wonder, how did you get from your situation to posting on AR15.com.  [?]

When I was first reading the beginning of your post, I first thought someone here was offering a girl to pose with their guns or an AR15.  [:)]

View Quote

I like the Idea chics with big breasts and guns god damn S.O.B.
[^]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ride by his house once in a while and see if you notice a wife or girlfriend. If he has one, I'm sure she'd be VERY interested to know of his activities. That would probably bring more heat than the cops could put on him. But still pursue it with the cops.
View Quote

I like this idea also it would be fun to see her do the Lorrena Bobbit surgery to his sick pathetic ass
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Cleatus -
As to my username not indicating my gender..  I used to go by MyNameIsStopThat in other circles.  I changed it to KnockItOffAlready, which was elsewhere shortened to Knockers..  How's that for a female username?  Regarding my not having been here long and revealing the details of a personal story, my ex boyfriend (and now best bud) exposed - no pun intended - me to AR15.com months ago..  I've only recently been encouraged to sign up and post.

And thanks all for the advice!  I called the police this morning to give them the plate number.  The officer told me that if I wanted to pursue the matter and press charges, to contact to prosecutor's office.  Sounds as if I have a new decision to make.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Call.  You may be saving his next , ah, acquaintance from rape.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top