Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2001 7:04:34 PM EDT
Just before I bought my armalite DCM ar15, I picked up 500 rnds of this wolf ammo.  Now some of the guys I shoot with say that this stuff is bad news for my SS barrel.  Whats so bad about using this ammo?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
they say it's a copper jacket, no steel like many think. they probably think it is steel because its russian.  i wouldnt think it would hurt it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It does have a steel case.The ten rounds I shot in my Carbon 15 did hacve any marks on the lacqer.So I dont think it could hurt the chamber.It did brek two extractors in the 10 rounds.i believe my rifle may have a tight chamber.Yours would have one too.I know a guy who has a Bushy that has 300+ agian no marks on the case.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
oh yeah, i knew that. ive heard people say that they'll hurt your chamber and bolt, but i know tons of people that still shoot it. being steel cases, you cant reload them right? at least this is what i hear. im not into reloading, but at this rate i need to be.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The guy at the gun store i go to has a camera that can inspect the chamber and barrel really close up has seen pitted chambers from steel cases brass is softer than steel there fore it gives but steel on steel doesntIts your choice to shoot whatever you want but i wouldnt put that through my gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top