Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2005 12:39:24 PM EDT
So I've got a couple of nice, thick steaks with good marbelling.  I've got a few pints of Guinness Extra Stout.  And I remember a post on here about marinating beef in The Nectar of the Gods, but can't find it now.

What do I need to do to have these steaks in good shape for the grill tomorrow night?
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Willinghams Wham Seasoning and Dale's. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#2]
mashed potatoes
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Hookers and blow.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#4]
If the cut of meat is good then nothing [/lightly seasoned]
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

See above!

(Kosher Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper)
or
(light coat of olive oil, Johnny's SS, Black Pepper, and light dusting of cayenne)

The marbling will take care of all the rest!
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#6]
post pics.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Got guns and a camera?
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

See above!

or
(light coat of olive oil, Johnny's SS, Black Pepper, and light dusting of cayenne)

The marbling fat will take care of all the rest!

fixed it
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1.  Just a heavy pinch of kosher salt, a little fresh-ground pepper, and a little oil to coat.  That should be all you need.  Adding other stuff just hides the flavor of the meat.

I've had steaks that were heavily pre-flavored in marinades, and they can be good, but I guess I'm a purist.  I prefer to simply taste the meat.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Let me be more clear.  I have 'good steak with a little salt and pepper' all the time.  I am looking for a little something different and remember a post on here where somebody mentioned marinating the steak in Guinness.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]
just bring it by my place and I'll take care of it
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#12]
poop on it and post pics
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#13]
You could go get some better beer.  Like Milwaukee's Best, PBR, Schlitz or ... just about anything.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hookers and blow.  

damn you!!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You could go get some better beer.  Like Milwaukee's Best, PBR, Schlitz or ... just about anything.

You and Chaingun need to get together for a cookout.  You've both got the same shitty taste in foods...  
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmmm, I have never marinated a steak... in beer no less.  Interested to see how that turns out.  Expirement !

I just salt the bitches down with garlic and seasoning salt.  Cant be beat.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Willinghams Wham Seasoning and Dale's. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

My brother-in-law smothers the burgers in that dales stuff

It might taste good the way you do it, but he has ruined me on it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Marinate them overnight in cheap pink champagne or cold duck....I gaurantee that you will be able to cut them with your fork! This really works well.

Dont forget to season them before you put them on the grill!  
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Try a little fresh squeezed lime while cooking.

I like to marinate in Goya Mojo Criolo overnite.
Available at Giant or Shopper's.
DaddyDett
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That's my usual.  Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the meat and through it on the grill.  As it gets close to done I cut open a lime and squeeze the juice over it.  Picked that one up from the sizzling lamb dish at the Indian restaurant.

I'll keep an eye out for it.  May try it next time.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hmmm, I have never marinated a steak... in beer no less.  Interested to see how that turns out.  Expirement !

I just salt the bitches down with garlic and seasoning salt.  Cant be beat.

I've been googling and based on the hits I'm getting it would seem that 'Guinness Steak' is serrved by every pub and restaurant on the whole damned island.  

Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

See above!

or

The marbling will take care of all the rest!

Exactly.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Just a little soy and a little montreal steak seasoning and a HOT charcoal grill.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Soak corn on the cob in water and wrap in bacon to grill
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

DaddyDett

save the mojo for flank steak or other tough cut....
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I've got a New York Strip sitting on the counter waiting on the birquettes.

And a couple of cold Pabst Blue Ribbon's sitting in the fridge. <rednecksmilie>
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#27]
I havent had guiness in so long Ive almost forgotten what its like, but heres my beer/steak marinade. A good porter beer, black and tan fans could get by on their favorite beer, marinate a ribeye in it for about half an hour. If I am feeling energetic, I will sear both sides real good in a cast iron pan before throwing it in the broiler. If Im feeling lazy, straight to the broiler. I prefer to only flip it once, but thats only a matter of pride. When it comes out, sea salt, 50/50 ground black pepper and peppercorn medely with above mentioned beer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Got steak. Got Guiness. Now what?

Got steak? Got Guiness? Get pie.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Mmmm.  Ribeye, marinated overnight in a premium potato vodka.

Shit just falls apart. And you can even cook it well, and it stays so juicy.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#30]
I marinade this way:   a little salt and pepper, cover the steaks with A1 steak sauce, then splash on Worchestershire sauce liberally.  Then pour in Guinness, usually about a bottle.  Depending on how long I am marinating it, I sometimes flip it and repeat with A1 and Worchestershire.  

DE-licious.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Just plop them on with a little garlic .salt and cracked pepper. All your missing is a side of cheetos..
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Eat. Drink.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Eatting alone?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:22:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Mr. Yoshidas

/thread.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Render a little bacon and brush with the grease right before you plate.  

Try a peppercorn cream sauce. Coat the steaks with half-cracked peppercorns and brown in olive oil. Finish to temp on the grill. Throw some brandy or bourbon in the pan and flame, add cream, butter, beef stock and mushrooms and reduce, finish with a dash of liquid smoke. The cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys call it Au Poivre, I call it good stuff. Great for Canada goose breasts too.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Now get pussy and your circle is closed!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#37]
MY current favorite is garlic salt, salt, cracked black pepper and a dash or worchestire.
Then right before grilling a thin coat of Olive oil to sear them good.

Had one the other day and now I'm hungry again!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

+1.  I can't understand why people feel compelled to mask the flavor of the meat.  

About the most I ever do is rub some fresh ground pepper on 'em before I cook 'em.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:11:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
So I've got a couple of nice, thick steaks with good marbelling.  I've got a few pints of Guinness Extra Stout.  And I remember a post on here about marinating beef in The Nectar of the Gods, but can't find it now.

What do I need to do to have these steaks in good shape for the grill tomorrow night?

I understand wanting to try someting different. Its always good to try new stuff. Let us know how they turned out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

DaddyDett

Thats best for poulty or pork. It works great on grilled scallops and shrimp though.

Best bet is to make your own Mojo (moho). Sour orange juice (lots of pulp) lemon juice, onions, garlis, cilantor and basil.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top