Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2001 7:05:40 AM EDT
Po phat's pext pn pheir pan pist? Puh!

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/news/072001/06/replicas_update.shtml[/url]

"Police also say
           the guns can also cause injury. In the last month, one boy from Newquay
           had a pellet embedded in his nose. In a separate incident, an eight-year-old
           boy lost a tooth after a teenage girl fired shots at him."
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#1]
WHile they are at it, the Brits should also ban cast iron frying pans, after all someone might drop one on their toe?

What a friggin' joke.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Why don't they just get it over with and mandate that everyone must spend all off work time in a padded room  (to eliminate all chance of injury)  Make it illegal to do anything anything but pay taxes and kiss the goverments ass.  They are out of line.  Kids knock out teeth by throwning rocks.. Better outlaw them too.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
And to think that Americans donated their privately owned arms to these British idiots during WW-2, none of them deserve anything in relation to freedom!
Who would be so stupid, as to not learn from history? Why, the British of course! Surely none would even think of donating any thing to these idiots, not even a sling shot in the future!

Let these whiners and wankers rot in their own waste!
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I like how the article called these toys "weapons". I wish some would explain to the press that anything could be called a weapon.

Six
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I like how the article called these toys "weapons". I wish some would explain to the press that anything could be called a weapon.

Six
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
C'mon guys, ban them.  Do it for the children.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#7]
OH MY GOSH! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! WE HAVE TO BAN
THESE DEADLY EVIL PELLITS! ALERT! what a freaken
joke. pathetic.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#8]
shine ya shoes guv'nah? dumbass brits
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I love the way they call these airsoft guns "BALL BEARING GUNS" several times before mentioning that the pellets they fire are actually plastic. [rolleyes]  When's the last time you saw a plastic ball bearing??   That phrase conjures up the idea of shooting steel balls, not plastic.  But of course, they wouldn't be going for a cheap shot or misleading the public, now, would they?    Sheesh!
[puke]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone know if they allow pellet or BB guns in England? And how the hell do you get a plastic BB embedded in your nose? To do anything more than leave a little whelp or break the skin that thing would have to be hauling ass. Unless the kid stuck a gun up his nose and pulled the trigger and it got "imbedded" in his nasal passage. Hell, my little brother did that with a Red Hot when he was little and I bet that would hurt a hell of a lot more than a plastic pellet.

Michael
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top