Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2001 8:42:37 PM EDT
first off, i live in iowa.

lets say me friend has a gun i want, simple as that, and i wanna buy it, does he have to sell it to me through a ffl holder?
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Not in MN. but I would check for your state. If you want it out of your name you should do FFL transfer. If you know that no laws prohibit him from owning a gun a signed reciept of the transaction would probally be enough (but all states are probally different and I would check).
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#2]
well here in az lets sa a az member wants to sell me a ar so i go meet him somewhere give him the $$ he gives me the Ar and i thank him. then i go do whatever i want with it simple as that
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 5:12:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
well here in az lets sa a az member wants to sell me a ar so i go meet him somewhere give him the $$ he gives me the Ar and i thank him. then i go do whatever i want with it simple as that
View Quote

Same thing in Ohio. Perfectly legal to do face to face sales of two OH residents without going through FFL.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 6:34:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Check your local laws.

Many years ago in Iowa, you had to have a "purchase permit" for handgun sales. I do not know about now, and if that applied to private transfers.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Go here for any private purchases.

[size=5][url]www.the56.com[/url][/size=5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top