Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2001 2:51:41 PM EDT
From the senior US represntative, Undersecretary of State John Bolton via www.foxnews.com

"The United States believes that the responsible use of firearms is a legitimate aspect of national life," Bolton said, adding that Washington would not accept any "measures that would constrain legal trade and legal manufacture of small arms and light weapons."
View Quote

That seems to be a pretty succicent statment of the Bush Administrations view of the right to own firearms.

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

[size=6]STICK IT UP YER ASS KOFI!!!!! [-!-!-]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010709/ts/arms_un_usa_dc_1.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm heartened but the jury is still out.
The true TEST is the EMERSON CASE. 2 years and
counting.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm heartened but the jury is still out.
The true TEST is the EMERSON CASE. 2 years and
counting.
View Quote

When the hell are they going to rule on that anyway???
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Wouldn't a ban on the import of "high capacity magazines" be a measure that would "constrain legal trade"? Or is the true reading mean as long as it is legal for one group (civilians, this does not mean you) to participate in trade of small arms and light weapons, then it would be still technically be a "legitimate aspect of national life"???

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope everyone is copying that statement so we can use it when the assault weapons ban attempts to sunset.

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Fox News named names, its Canada, England, and Japan who are most purturbed that US has such free gun laws, and are trying to force the US to conform to their standards.

You Canadians out there, WHY are you permiting your government to take part in this??
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#10]
F*CK YOU KOFI!
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#12]
It's sad to see this administrations lack of concern for the public safety. [smoke]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey, I blame Canada for this.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Post from ArmdLbrl -
Fox News named names, its Canada, England, and Japan who are most purturbed that US has such free gun laws, and are trying to force the US to conform to their standards.
View Quote

Now that is good news, indeed. We have a proven track record of being able to beat these guys in time of hostilities.

I say we take the Western Provinces for starters. Think of the dream teams we would have for hockey! The Stanley Cup would be on permanent display in the States!

Hehehe, you do know that they've been disarmed by their gubmint, easy pickings, easy pickings.

[:D]

Eric The(ThenIt'sOnToFreeQuebec!)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top