Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2001 5:37:03 AM EDT
Last week, walked in to my local Dealer just to say Hi and when he pulled out a Pre-Ban Colt R6520 Green Label and said that he offered it to me "a deal of a life time" for $1,600.00
It was used, but look very new with box and wrapper, sling, and book. Both the box and wrapper have the matching serial number as the gun. GCxxxxx  The only thing is the sear is block. Should I grab it?
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:45:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Well let's see -

Preban lower complete: $800

Preban upper (w/ bolt & carrier): $500

The chance to pay $1,600 for something only worth $1,300? PRICELESS.

Or, to put it another way - Is the Pony artwork worth $300 to you???
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#2]
garandman,

I have done some price checking around on the net and found none is less than $2K...????...
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
garandman,

I have done some price checking around on the net and found none is less than $2K...????...
View Quote

OK, let me re-phrase -

The chance to pay $2,000 for something (by ANY other manufacturer) only worth $1,300?? PRICELESS.

Is the pony artwork worth $700 to you???

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Its a Govt. Carbine with the factory goodies (box, etc.).  The bad news is its got the sear block and has seen some use.  Still though, NIB Govt Carbines (w/o the sear block go for up to $2500.  I'd say the price is good, but not the screaming deal of a lifetime.  If you have $1600 to spend and want a really nice verifiable preban, I'd grab it.  You have to understand people can, and do, pay a huge premium for the Colt horsey logo.  Why does a complete Colt M4 upper go for several hundred more than a Bushie?  Its nothing more than the market's perceived value of the Colt name & logo.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Ar,

When I was shopping for a Colt 6520, all the ones that I found were in the $1900-2600 range.

If you like Colts, like I do, then I would go for it. The one that I saw for $1900 was unfired but had no box.

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:02:33 AM EDT
[#6]

OK, let me re-phrase -

The chance to pay $2,000 for something (by ANY other manufacturer) only worth $1,300?? PRICELESS.

Is the pony artwork worth $700 to you???
View Quote

He..He..He..Very Good garandman.

And for some it sure did. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi, this is my first time on here.  Did someone say a preban lower is $800?  
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 7:18:00 AM EDT
[#8]
GOD....we just LOVE that horsey, don`t we???............[grenade]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top