Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2001 8:36:44 PM EDT
Gentlemen,

I came to this board in an effort to attempt to show you the error of your ways. That small arms and light weapons do not have a place in this world. That far too many have suffered and died because of the improper use and ready accessibility of these fearsome implements of death.

I feel that I have failed miserably in my efforts here.

However, tonight, on the eve of the conference in New York, I feel fully confident that all the civilized nations of the world will agree to our proposal to eliminate these terrible weapons of mass destruction from this world.

Please, if there is any shred of humanity left in your parched souls, I pray that you will aid our efforts to ban small arms by notifying the United States Ambassador To The United Nations, the Honorable James Cunningham, of your support of the initiative.

We are doing it for the children!

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Kofi,

You want that one-on-one match or not?

I'm challenging you for children too.

MINE.
Come get some big boy.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#4]
so no light weopans then can i have a nuke? or maybe some sarin then. ok?
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Gentlemen,

This is a serious matter. This issue will have ramifications throughout the world.

For the children of the world and their futures.

For world peace and harmony.

And, yes, for you also. Gunowners and their way of life will potentially be affected.

Frank and honest intercourse amongst ourselves is needed.

I wish this transition to be as painless as possible for all involved. This can only be accomplished through the establishment of open channels of communication.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Kofi,
I am trying to communicate with you.
You won't answer a question.
Or, if that is not up your alley, how about I just communicate a threat?

Blue may not be your best color, have you tried YELLOW? It will match the streak down your back.
Along with the streak of all of your buddies.

COWARD.

Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Personnally I think there is already to many children in the world...so why do we need to actually save them?  [;)]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Gentlemen,

I honestly do believe that you have some valid opinions, to match your unique perspective on this issue.

However, it seems that you are neither willing nor able to articulate those opinions at this time.

I do not believe violence is the answer to any of our problems in this modern world.

I am also very well educated, from both a scholastic and a "street smart" perspective. I have been in service to the United Nations for approximately forty years. Much of this time has been spent in New York City. I do not soon plan to abandon my security detail.

Mr. Tippie, your reference to a "one on one match" eludes me. I have no recollection of any earlier challenge in any previous posts. I do not think that a match will be feasible at this time due to my very busy schedule.

However, if you are in the New York City area in the near future, and you see me or my limousine, please feel free to approach. Be sure to identify yourself and state your intent.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#9]
My intent?

As is normal, you SIR, are looking at things as you wish to see them.

I did not ask you for a match. I challenged you to a one-on-one since your "friend" Osama, would not take me up on the challenge either.

1000yds, you and me. Again, I believe that you already read this and are too much of a coward to admit it.

I truly wish that I could be present for your little "meeting" in NYC.

You can also save the "children" by donating the money you use for your limo to the FTC foundation.

Walk the streets of NYC and spout the drivel that you tend to speak.
I'm sure one of the kind un-armed citizens will be glad to show you to the UN building.

Hey, I have a great idea. Why don't you have the UN move to YOUR country. I'm sure that you would get a tidy profit from selling the land that the present building sits on.

That way, you don't have to step foot in our little country. And, maybe, just maybe, you could stay OUT of our country, and MIND YOUR OWN DAMN Business.

Thank You.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 2:08:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 2:33:37 AM EDT
[#11]
kofi you dumbf**k, why don't you open your web browser and look up gun control, notice how whenever those who implement a gun law tell you what it should do and make no attempt in backing up their ideas with actual facts or past events. you know why? cause gun control doesn't work, it dint work in Britain it doesn't work in Canada, and it wont in the USA. In all, gun control has had one constant effect, making situations worse.

Humans kill, it is our nature, no matter how civilized we like to imagine we have become the truth is its in all of us, but there is also fear in all of us, and one can cancel out the other. had anyone of the teachers at columbine had owned and had on them a gun they might have saved so many lives. Or if the students had seen everyday armed teachers or police officers walking the halls chances are they would have been too scared and would have realize that they would die before they could hurt anyone.

even if guns are finally made illegal then people will kill each other with knives and baseball bats or anything they can.

learn the history of gun control and when you are done tell us what beautiful things gun control has done in the past.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 2:50:07 AM EDT
[#12]
"I feel that I have failed miserably in my efforts here."

Duh, you think?  That's the first thing you have said I agree with.

When you come for my weapons, do call ahead, I'll bake a cake...
[pissed]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 2:56:56 AM EDT
[#13]
READ
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/7/5/62251.shtml

how magical gun laws can be
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top