Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2001 6:53:10 PM EDT
So, about a month ago, Seattle Police (SPD) had a shooting of a black man who was dragging an officer down the street while attached to the suspect's Cadillac.  Suspect died when the officer's partner shot him when he failed to stop the vehicle.

Needless to say, the Black community goes freaking ballistic, because of their perception of SPD's misconduct (we have had a few highly publicized shootings here in the past few years, all suspects were black).  Right or wrong, the Seattle Black community, sees this as an opportunity to pull a Cincinnati (or get as close as possible).  They even boycotted a Starbucks in that neighborhood because of it's effigy to establishment (read White business).

So yesterday, the Mayor of Seattle goes to the site of the shooting to do some community outreach, relationship maintenance, speeches etc.,    and as he was finishing up the speech, he gets blindsided by some Black activist, breaking some bones in his face with a megaphone.

Clearly, this is wrong and the suspect should be treated as an individual. Yet in the Seattle Times,  there was not a wholesale abhorrence of this violence by the Black Community; with a lot of the soundbites of fellow protestors saying things like (I paraphrase) "he was frustrated, what do you expect?"  [red]I guess that when I get frustrated with the Black Community, I can just go out and assault somebody [rolleyes]....[/red]

Yeah, Yeah, I know,  just by bringing this subject up, I am instantly a racist, blah, blah, blah.  But at what point will the law abiding folks in the Black community take responsibility for the actions of the folks that are making everybody look so bad
and do something about the perpetrators?  Instead, what we are getting here is the condoning of violence (against the freaking Mayor no less) in order to "further" their cause.

I'm frustrated...

Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear ya!
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking at my stopwatch now to see how fast this thread will get locked.

This racial shit is so fucking one sided.

This would be national news if the shoe were on the other foot.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I am definatly not a bleeding heart, a racist, or a granola eating tree hugger, and I am right winged to the max, but what does the colour of his skin matter. As far as I am concerned the mayor was assaulted by a protestor. Black, white, who gives a stuff. Whoever did the assault no matter what colour he is, must answer to the law. Just charge him, send him to jail, or convict him somehow, and get on with life!

I can see how comments on skin colour can really agitate any crowd, and I can understand the frustrations scenes like this must cause. Here we deal with Asian and Lebanese gang activity which is is beyond ruthless. Our government refuses to actually beleive it exists. Thats frustration!

People are always looking for an excuse one way or another to make a point. Violence in todays society is as common as popcorn at a movie.

Enjoy your freedom and never take it for granted!
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Normally it [u]wouldn't[/u] matter what color he was,  but in this case, HE (suspect)was the one trying to make a statement (for "his" people) against the white majority who is supposedly always coming down on the poor innocent black folk in one-way-shape-or-form.[rolleyes]

Funny thing is, Mayor Schell tends to be rather liberal in his ways and made himself available to continue the "dialogue."  Instead, he gets his ass whooped by the very people he is trying to placate. Is this a hate crime????
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#5]
1feral1:  Although you are welcome to your opinion you really don't seem to understand racial contexts in the United States, so please don't comment on it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Good for him........thats what he gets for trying to kiss there asses.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
1feral1:  Although you are welcome to your opinion you really don't seem to understand racial contexts in the United States, so please don't comment on it.
View Quote

Mate, I respect your opinion, as for me not understanding, Australia in general has the reputation of being one of the most racist countries in the free world. Our big cities are a melting pot of ethnic cultures, who bring their crime, custom and culture with them. Borders bear no difference when it come to racism. Poeple are people no matter what, and human nature is human nature. The seeds that caused the problem may be different, but the outcome is the same. I am a professional well travelled soldier of 25yrs combined service in two countries armies, not a polititian, I understand more than you think, and I have seen things you have only watched on the news!
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Perhaps we could all go around whopping liberals in the head with megaphones, no matter what color their skin is!

UPSIDE the HEAD!!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't comment on what you know or have done, seen, etc.  I can say that you make sweeping assumptions about my experience and level of knowledge and that is pretty stinking stupid, mate.  I don't appreciate ANY foreigners making comments about internal problems in my country, you can't comment unless you live here and see what we see on a daily basis.

I was a Marine for 30 years, traveled the world.  Was a DI, an embassy guard, and a veteran of Vietnam (3 tours).  I can't say that I've seen or done more than you, but I'm pretty sure I know more about my own country than you do.  

And I'm very sure that I've done things you've only seen in the news.

Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad to see I touched a nerve, and sparked some honest discussion. Thats what free speech is all about in the western world. We have earned it with the blood of our fathers and grandfathers in the 20th century alone. Freedom does have its price. Never take it for granted. We can say what we want without fear of being hunted down like a wounded dingo. You Americans are more fortunate than you think. Remember that when you go to bed tonight, or go hunting tomorrow. Good on ya's all.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can't comment on what you know or have done, seen, etc.  I can say that you make sweeping assumptions about my experience and level of knowledge and that is pretty stinking stupid, mate.  I don't appreciate ANY foreigners making comments about internal problems in my country, you can't comment unless you live here and see what we see on a daily basis.

I was a Marine for 30 years, traveled the world.  Was a DI, an embassy guard, and a veteran of Vietnam (3 tours).  I can't say that I've seen or done more than you, but I'm pretty sure I know more about my own country than you do.  

And I'm very sure that I've done things you've only seen in the news.
Sorry Ole Leather Neck, thought you were some snotty nosed kid. Please accept my appology. I'd buy ya a beer if I lived closer.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#12]
1feral1:  Apology accepted.  It just strikes a nerve when a non-American makes comments about my country.  I'm sure that you feel the same way when people reg on Australia.  

A Fosters would be great right now.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally a politician gets wacked by one of his Democrats, ha ha good. I wonder what his thoughts are on stereotyping. I would not be surprised before it's all over, that he will kiss his black attackers ass on TV and blame himself for the noncrime. In the end, we get what we deserve, put up with violence and you can expect more. Democrats will bring out their paint bucket full of excuses, and slap a coat of black excuse on one more time. God bless em.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 2:24:58 AM EDT
[#14]
He got assaulted, blah blah blah....

What is overlooked here is the history...

Schell let this city EXPLODE in WTO...stood by and watch rampant lawlessness to the tune of 10 MILLION of MY tax dollars...Burning, looting,

LAW LESS NESS !!!!!!!!!

So then, 6 months later (2000) at Mardis Gras they riot again...LAW LESS NESS!!!!!!

Another 6 months, WTO revisited...LAW LESS NESS!!!

Then Mardi Gras a CITIZEN DIES, while police STAND by blocks away...LAW LESS NESS !!!!!

His liberal positions, spineless government, refusal to make decisions that NEED to be made, and basic LACK of LAW ENFORCEMENT have led to a state of lawlessness in group settings....

This, to me has the B&W issues MIXED with the general lawlessness the Liberals show(in Seattle). They dont drive by the rules, live by the rules, work or play by the rules. They wont cut their hair, or mow their lawns. Liberal scum(B & W) is RUINING this country, and Seattle is a portotype (Like California) of things to come WITHOUT Conservative resistance.

HIS chickens have come home to roost...This city needs NEW leadership, and it MUST be heavy handed(read trample rights) in group environments OR the situation will just get worse.

Again.....MY FAVORITE RIFLE IS BLACK, and I WISH I could stay away from these race topics, and stick to my AR topics....
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Cav,  Your input is valuable nonetheless. Thank you sir.

UPDATE:  The Suspect now claims that he didn't do it (surprise!!!)  

Yet another example of the black community not taking accountability for their actions or responsibility for their behavior.  Law abiding African-Americans...where are you???
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Not only he denies it (despite all the witnesses), he says at his hearing tomorrow he will defend himself and invoke international law.

I love it. Idiot Mayor decked by his own liberal constituency. Idiot attacker makes mockery of himself and his cause including:

liberal politics
his racist agenda
international law

We don't need to prosecute the guy. Just give him a shovel and a rope. He'll dig his own grave and hang himself. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:22:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Q: What do you call a politicians "whooped upside the head" with a megaphone?

A:  A good start.

---

No really, hopefully next time, he uses something with a bit more mass and gets a good follow through on his swing.

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#18]
sounds like a "hate crime" then again whites in the US of America are 90 times more likely to be victims of hate crimes by blacks,,than whites on black,,,good old liberal press as always.."be prepared"
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#19]
No good deed goes Un-Punished. [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top