Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2001 3:02:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm totally bummed out right now.
I set my alarm clock for 6:00am, so I could be on the road by 7:00am, but I guess I slept through it completely.
I woke up at [b]3:30 PM!!!!!!!![/b] with about 8 messages on my phone from people wondering where the heck I'm at.
I blew it this time.

What a loser...[:(]

I stayed up too late preparing for the shoot, I guess. I'm still all packed and ready to go.

Link Posted: 7/8/2001 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm totally bummed out right now.
I set my alarm clock for 6:00am, so I could be on the road by 7:00am, but I guess I slept through it completely.
I woke up at [b]3:30 PM!!!!!!!![/b] with about 8 messages on my phone from people wondering where the heck I'm at.
I blew it this time.

What a loser...[:(]

Well, my friend you were definately the LOSER [;D]

I believe you and Slave1 were the only no shows and I'm sorry ya guy's missed it...However we will be doing this again.

The range of armament was wonderful. I know that my son and I had a Great time.

[:)] [:D] [8D] [shotgun] [rail] [pistol] [heavy]

Link Posted: 7/8/2001 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, It was very good time.

I would like to thank M1A-A1 for his effort to organize breakfast and finding the location to shoot at.

I love2shoot, that would be my staplegun, didn't remember it until after I was home for a while, oh well.  Whenever you have time.  

Luckily the .50AE didn't bruise me, but I didn't fire nearly as much as you did, that was alot of fun to shoot, as was the M4 carbine!

Hopefully the next time we get together, I'll have moved ARlady out here and she can join the fun.

Well, I need to finish cleaning the guns, the downside to shooting.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
damn i knew i was gonan miss something cool oh well damn cast we need another one this time in southern AZ
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, the drive up was well worth it !!! what a great time !!!
Thanks to Gary for bringing the Cavs to try, to luvtoshoot for the Tromix(way cool) the armory for the F.A. m16 and AK and to M1A-A1 for putting it together.
Highlights for me were shooting the full auto's and seeing the look on Troys face after he shot em !!!!!!
Oh yea, got to meet nsf jojo and witness him learn the bump fire !!!!(now he can take out the elderly in the malls much quicker)
great to meet all of you and cant wait to do it again !!!
Butkus 51 out...
[x]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
WE HAD A SHOOT?
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't get to the shoot, but did any of y'all make out at the gun show?  I hung with slave1 most of the time and wandered into a couple of you guys, but your hands were mysteriously empty.

I wound up with an AR17 shotgun.  Now that's kinda a rare bird.  Picked up a pair of AR18 mags and 1K of British 7.62.  "Not For Tropical Use?"  Guess I'll have to wait till December to shoot it!  I also had my eye on one of those High Powers over at Arizona Response Systems, but it was a bit too spendy for my wallet this time.  Those things sure looked sweet though . . .

Hey it was nice meeting a few of you AZ people at the Saturday breakfast and the show at least.  We'll have to do this evil stuff again, maybe around the early December Crossroads show in conjunction with the Small Arms Review show.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#9]
It was nice to Finally put a face to some of these "AZ" names and a couple "CA" also. The first thing I told my wife when I got home was the fact that out of all the different groups/types of people I have been around I would have to say us "Gun People" are the greatest![:D] Everyone I met was friendly and willing to share their toys! I had a great Time! I got to fire ILove2Shoot's Tromix .50ae it was awesome and I've got the bruise to prove it!
Also, I got to fire a full auto AK thanks to [url]www.azarmory.com[/url]. Thanks again!
I Also got to fire one of Garyowens CAV-15's and I think a buddy of mine wants to get one now as well as myself!
Only down side to the whole day for me was I running late this morning and never put any sun screen on and got a nice sun burn on my head and arms! ouch...But it was worth it!
Troy should be putting up some pics soon. Can't wait to see that group picture it should be impressive!
I'm looking forward now to the next AZ shoot! This one was a blast! Literally!

John
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Chairborne Ranger:

We'll have to do this evil stuff again, maybe around the early December Crossroads show in conjunction with the Small Arms Review show.
View Quote
that i will be going to :)
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#11]
When was it.
Where was it.
How can we find out the next one. Is someone sending e-mail to all, is it posted somewhere in advance so we can read or is this a closed circle.

Please respond.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
When was it.
Where was it.
How can we find out the next one. Is someone sending e-mail to all, is it posted somewhere in advance so we can read or is this a closed circle.

Please respond.
View Quote

The info was located in Meetings & Events Forum--->[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=32376[/url]
Also, just do a search for AZ or AZ shoot etc....
Hope to see you next time...

John
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:02:12 AM EDT
[#13]
What a blast. I'm back in Reno now, very tired and off to work.  You AZ guys are a whole group of great guys.  I'd type more but I gotta go.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 7:13:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Man you guys just have way too much fun over there. I think I need to concentrate on getting a job in Phoenix.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#16]
WHAT?!?  No pics??????????
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Just wondering when some pics are gonna find their way on.
OK, so when is the next one !!!
[:D]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Great shoot.
Good time with good folks.
ILove2Shoot’s .50AE Tromix is a blast.   Thanks Doug.  The standard buttplate of an AR is DEFINITELY not the best way to interact with that sucker.
My thanks as well to –
M1A1 - for finding the place and letting me shoot his M1A with the folding stock, and letting me shoot his LEGP
Troy – for starting the thread (he took pictures)
NSFJoJo – for having such a good sense of humor
Gerryowen and the great folks from Cavalry Arms – NEAT toys
AZ Armory – I finally got to shoot an M4
And everyone else.

Ps: ILove2Shoot I think that was my FAL.

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I believe you and Slave1 were the only no shows and I'm sorry ya guy's missed it...However we will be doing this again.
View Quote

He man I was there damnit!  I had the big ugly Ford truck and non-functioning M-16.  It was a great shoot and next time the ol'16 will be working. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Slave 1:
View Quote

He man I was there damnit!  I had the big ugly Ford truck and non-functioning M-16.  It was a great shoot and next time the ol'16 will be working. [:)]
View Quote

Dude

I'm totally sorry for that oversight. Damn, old age is killing me.[xx(]

But hey! I remember your truck...[:D]

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah that LEGP was nice!  You better bring lots of ammo for that M-11/9 it likes to eat, by the way that's my daily carry gun [:)].  So when are we doing this again?  By the way I think it was M1A1 who came up with the place to shoot, that was a great spot.  Now I want a full auto AK, that thing was sweet!
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah that AK was sweet!

TROY!
Where are those pics you took????
[:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yeah that AK was sweet!

TROY!
Where are those pics you took????
[:)]
View Quote

I think they will be up next week.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I see how it is, I let everyone shoot the supressed stuff and noone even mentions it.  My feelings are hurt now.  

Im taking my toys and going home, well I am home, nevermind.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I see how it is, I let everyone shoot the supressed stuff and noone even mentions it.  My feelings are hurt now.  

View Quote

Damnit!  I forgot to shoot your suppressed stuff, now I'm depressed. [>Q]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Slave 1:
Quoted:

View Quote

Damnit!  I forgot to shoot your suppressed stuff, now I'm depressed. [>Q]
View Quote

Me too!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
OK, so I asked for a PhotoCD, and now the pics are gonna take 5 days to come back.

I know, I suck.

-Troy[/q]

You do not SUCK. You might inhale...but you do not Suck.

Glad to see you're alive...

But don't worry about OUR impatience to see the Pic's of the shoot...

We will BTT as long as it takes [0:)]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Troy,

Don't worry about it taking time.  I'd be more afraid of the photo shop turning you into the police for taking a picture of people with guns!!!!! [:o]

Ilove2shoot,

let me know the next time you head to Ben Avery or something.  We could meet up there to to get my stapler back, but it is not a big deal at all, so please don't go out of your way.  Or we could just wait till the next AZ shoot!  Where I have to get a hold of more the full auto stuff! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Regarging the NHM90...
You got mail...

John
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Ilove2shoot,

We can just wait a couple of weeks then, I will be out travelling all over this country on business for the next 3 weeks, so I doubt I will be needing it.

By the way, what is CCNA?

Unfortunately, I don't have any full auto stuff, I just wish I would have shoot some more of the FA that was at the shoot!  I think that was Slave1's equipment, so we'll make sure we invite him, thought with twins on the way his schedule will probably be quite limited!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top