Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2001 12:42:10 PM EDT
I just had a revelation after reading SteyrAug's post on "Who is AR-15" and his comment that we all seem to get along...why don't I post a "Looking for Work" topic!?!?!

I am looking for a new job in the Houston area (where I live), and thought maybe some of the Houston people might read this and can put me on to some opportunities.  Maybe I can even find a new shooting buddy.

My qualifications/experience?  In short, I have an MBA with about 8 years experience in Product Marketing as well as Sales in the software industry (some oil and gas industry mixed in).  Honest, hard-working, and above all else...a family man that puts family first.  If you want more info on me, just email me at "[email protected]".  Please tell me a bit about your company and job requirements.  If you are a "Head Hunter"...go ahead and contact me as I am willing to hear what companies you are tight with.

Hope I get some replies.  And heck, maybe we can go shooting at lunch some day!
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Cant help with the job, I am a blue coller my self.  Looking for some one to shoot the ship with to.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT

Falcon2:  Well, blue collar/white collar/no collar...it doesn't matter.  I guess I am considered "white collar" due to my profession...but the days of me wearing dress shirts daily and ties are GONE.  They would have to pay me an obscene amount of money to get me to dress up in a monkey suit everyday--that's why I enjoy the software industry.  "Dressing up" for a client is Dockers and a Golf Shirt.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#4]
GI...That wouldnt be J&R (new name and owners)on 1266 would it? If so, our towns are very close.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#5]
A little off topic...  but I am going to houston next week on an interview/recruiting trip and wanted to know what areas to check out If I decided to move there. I would more than likely be working downtown but want a nice place to live without spending a lot of time in traffic..somewhat close to the nightlife ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Hello GI Brat. I am on the North West side of town. Do you do any fishing out there in Texas City?
I was raised up in Pasadena. Do a lot of fishing in Galveston. What rang do you use?
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry tailgate I'm a little off topic too but I just got a job there and will be moving to Houston this week. I only had a few days to find a place to live. What do you Houston people think of the Jersey Village area? It looked ok when I was there.
Thought I'd rent for a while until I get things settled and know the area better.
I'll be working down town so anybody that wants to give me advice on ranges would probably get a free lunch.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#13]
hey that range in 1266 is it called Clear Creek gun range?  I'm in clear lake.  I grew up here, just graduated college and back home bored outa my mind.  So I just bought 1000 rounds of ammo and go there everyday now.  

If you want nightlife live near 610 and 59 if you got the money.  

Tailgate, have you looked into the space industry?  If you don't mind a lot of yuppies, it's not the best paying and there's a lot of beauracracies working with NASA, but it's fun.  I interned at Lockheed Martin a few years ago.  Clear Lake is growing at an obscene rate.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:32:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Hello EEshooter.  There is a range on 290 west of Jersey Vilage, Called Hot Wells.
My kids go to J.V.high.  E mail me when you get setteled in. I need a shooting buddy.

The trafick is heavy on 290 going to town. I work close to J.V. a lot of our custamers come from there.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 7:59:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hello EEshooter.  There is a range on 290 west of Jersey Vilage, Called Hot Wells.
My kids go to J.V.high.  E mail me when you get setteled in. I need a shooting buddy.

The trafick is heavy on 290 going to town. I work close to J.V. a lot of our custamers come from there.
View Quote

Falcon.. I thought Hotwells was off hempstead highway....   about the only range I know that will let you rockand roll on certain days at certain times when no one is around...  

yeah..  here it is...  

Hot Wells shooting range
ammunition/Fire-Ins./CHL classes
24815 Hempstead highway
281-373-0232

I use Lake Houston Gun Club on Garrett road myself...  
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#17]
BTT

OK GUYS...Can we PLEASE keep this to my topic?  I really need a job!  :)

Actually, I didn't realize Houston had that many gun ranges and I've lived here all my life!  So, I guess there is some benefit to going off on tangents...
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#18]
American shooting center         16500 westheimer parkway

Baily's rifle and pistol range....     3626 bluebonnet

Bakers indoor pisitol range....     2413 lone oak drive

carter country range....     6231 Treaschwig rd

cleer creek range...    fm 1266   league city

59 gun range .....          11325 Eastex freeway

Hotwells.....     24815 hempstaed hwy

Lake houston gun club....   15220 Garrett road

Pasadna gun center.....      206 E shaw...  Pasadena

Rebel arms.....      1513 genoa red bluff rd....

shooters station....        13748 hwy 105 west

sportsman shooting center ....  4425 fm 2351..  friendswood

sportsman out center...      1710 E fm 1960 bypass

texas shooters range.....  1106-A witte road

Top gun of texas...     5901 beverly hills

There used to be one of old richmond road in west houston..  past highway 6...  anybody know if they are still in business?

Did I miss any?  

Tail gate....  maybe you could get a job managing one of these clubs and let us in for free....  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Realist hemsted hyw. and 290 are one and the same that fare out. The hot wells rang is right off the fedder road, about 10 minets frome my house. P S. you caught any fish this year?
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#20]
GI Brat, I used to shoot at Bailey's alot many years ago.  Is it still relatively quiet out there?  The one off HWY 6 that you mentioned may be American Shooting Centers off HWY 6 and Westheimer (the first one on realist list)
realist, the range that used to be off Old Richmond and Hwy 6 closed years ago.  They started building alot of houses in the area and the range lost out.  I think it was called Southwest Rifle Range.

CH
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 6:36:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, I guess my topic got shot to $&!*.  So here goes...

You forgot "Bayou Rifles Club"...it's a private club with private ranges.  Don't know THAT much about it.

As for BAILEY'S HOUSE OF GUNS, I shot there a few weeks ago for the first time in MANY years.  Hated the place.  The people are fairly rude, must load your AR-15 from the ejection port (1 round at a time rule), and they only have a 100 yard range.

AMERICAN SHOOTING CENTERS has the following distances for rifle (in yards):  25 (I believe they'll let you shoot a rifle at 25), 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 600.  Very nice facility, but I suspect the pricing is a little high (haven't shot there myself, but driven by a few times on my lunch break).
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Falcon2.... Thanks,  fishing is great this side of town.... No fishing this year yet..  my boat is getting a new floor and a bigger engine...

Chazz...  thank you...  its been since 1985 since I've shot there...

Baily's sucks....  I couldn't believe the sign saying only one round allowed....  Been there one time, wont go back....
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Tailgate....:http://www.unitedspacealliance.com.
That is where I work. Large company with a big fat contract always looking for people. Give em a shot.. ya never can tell. Falcon2 I was raised in Pasadena too...sure has changed lately..! I went to Rayburn. GIBrat....I live around Texas City as well...in fact just ate at the Reef last night. There is another shooters club in Pearland: Pearland Shooters Club. NRA member to join and yearly fee.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Hello A-FLY. I lived in Pasadena in the 60 and 70s, I went to deer park high. When did you go to Rabern?   My old stomping grounds is Golden Acres.  Do you know the morrisons?  My sister went to Raburn.  
Realiest I have not had any luck this year. A coworker limitted out last Saterday.  
 Hay guys there is a gun show this weekend.  
Why dont we get togeather at the gun show?
Saterday is good for me.
Falcon out.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#26]
REALIST:  You forgot one of the best places in Houston area to shoot handguns...Marksman Indoor Range in South Houston (right off Hwy 3 and Monroe intersection).

I love Marksman for handguns...just raised price to something like $7 but it's unlimited number of pistols, no time limit, bring in your own ammo (or even reloads) as long as it's not CCI Blazer.  Best of all, Monday nights are "Ladies Night" where women shoot free.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#27]
OK, there are 3 major concentrated areas of nightlife in Houston:  North Downtown (clubs, theaters, dressier), Rice Village (bars, college crowd, relaxed), Richmond Strip (many open air bars, titty bars, very relaxed but trashy).  If you're going to work downtown live inside loop 610 or around the Galleria at very furthest.  If you don't you'll curse the day you ever decided not to.  
As far as shooting ranges I know of, I usually go to American Shooting Center off of Hwy. 6 & Westheimer, near the Nat'l Guard Training Center. It's outdoors, not too expensive, and as long as you follow the rules and don't act like a jackass, they're pretty open minded.  Last time there, there was a guy unloading w/ his pistol grip shotgun on a target about 15 feet away, w/ no complaints from the range guys.  The rifle range has some good distances and spotting scopes behind each bench.  There's also an attached skeet shooting center if that's your thing.  
Jobs?  Check out www.houstonemployment.com
Usually a good list there.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#28]
btt
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Tailgate....  thanks.. I wasn't aware of that one.....  I was mostly posting ranges that allowed rifles....  

Falcon...  I saw the ad for the gun show....  Except I Loath the astro hall when it comes to gun shows for the fact they don't allow selling ammo.....  Is this the hall or the arena?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:31:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Hello Houston area people.
The gun show this weekend will be at the Brown
C.C. High Caliber is putting it on and it is normally a pretty good show if you can find a place to park.
Anyone going?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Gun Show possibly but just got the first $300 electric bill of the summer.  Ouch!

Yeah and the $300 million for the stadium naming rights is not being borne by the consumer.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Gorge R Brown, I will be there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top